Visit from upgrade fairy

goforhome

I am not the brightest bulb in the pack.:o

Looks like your Phillies are the team to beat.

You remembered that though so there is still hope for you.:D

Games are not won on paper though, they have to do it on the field. The whole team was on cruise control last week though, They should have went on Allure.....

Jimbo:)

Congrats on the upgrade!!!

I'm wondering if anyone with 3 people in their cabin have ever been given an upgrade?

In January, we were upgraded from a D3 ( I think) balcony on the Allure to a JS. It was before the conversion to points and the option of web preferences. We received a phone call.

Good luck

M

Hi all

Got an email from Royal today with the cruise documents I requested(which I didn't). When I looked I did not see anything different, but a closer look revealed we have been upgraded from a JS to a GS on our Allure sailing Oct 9. WOW what an excellant suprise, this will be our first GS. Have had JS on Oasis twice so this will be very exciting addition to our first Allure cruise. Only 13 days to go, WOOOO HOOOOO.:):):):)

How awesome is that! I can only dream that that will happen to us when we go on the Allure. Have a great cruise and please take some pics to share w/us.

dont worry.we dont:(

seems alot of upgrades happen on the Oasis and Allure...congrats OP!!:D

Kathy and I are still waiting for that illusive fairy to descend and give us the RS on the FR next month. :rolleyes:

Congratulations and have a wonderful cruise. :)

I'm headed over to my RCCL profile and the "upgrade" button!!:D

Congratulations on a wonderful upgrade.......to a full suite. Study all that is available.......and take advantage of all!;)

Dine in your suite........eat in the privacy of a special restaurant, set aside just for suite guests....the list goes on, so check out the amenities of full suites.

What a way to relax!!:)

Rick

Hi all

Got an email from Royal today with the cruise documents I requested(which I didn't). When I looked I did not see anything different, but a closer look revealed we have been upgraded from a JS to a GS on our Allure sailing Oct 9. WOW what an excellant suprise, this will be our first GS. Have had JS on Oasis twice so this will be very exciting addition to our first Allure cruise. Only 13 days to go, WOOOO HOOOOO.:):):):)

Congratulations on your upgrade. Just curious, did you have a guarantee room?

The more I have read the more it seem like the upgrades on Allure and Oasis are first given to the higher category cabins.

I agree. That seems to be true. As a matter of fact, I have never seen one post telling of an upgrade from inside to oceanview or oceanview to balcony.

It sure seems that the upgrades are limited to the higher priced cabins.

We are going on Allure Oct 16, are Diamond Plus and in a js...wish they would upgrade us....have never had it happen yet!:mad:

You fit what seems to be the criteria for Allure/Oasis upgrades but it looks like they are not showing any suite availability. Maybe they took them out of the inventory for upgrades:). Good luck.

You fit what seems to be the criteria for Allure/Oasis upgrades but it looks like they are not showing any suite availability. Maybe they took them out of the inventory for upgrades:). Good luck.

I can tell you that last December on a different ship - Radiance - we were upgraded from a JS to a GS and there had been no suite availability showing for around 2 weeks. That sure doesn't fit the bill for the claims of needing 5 or more available in any given category for upgrades - unless they are doing as you suggest - pulling them out for upgrades.

We were on Oasis earlier this month in a JS. We were kind of bummed (at first) that we weren't upgraded. After meeting many new friends in the Concierge Lounge, we did a room tour. We toured a Crown Loft, a Grand Suite, and our Jr Suite. Truthfully, I liked our JS the best, and so did everyone else! Really! The Crown Loft was a lot "tighter" than I thought it would be, and actually had quite a small balcony. The Grand Suite had way too much furniture, and that made the room look more cramped. Our JS had a lot of floor space, a fantastic balcony on the hump (bigger than both the CL and GS balconies), and we had our fantastic WALK-IN closet, which neither of the other 2 rooms had! So, we were then HAPPY we were not upgraded! I'll take my JS, thank you very much!

We were on Oasis earlier this month in a JS. We were kind of bummed (at first) that we weren't upgraded. After meeting many new friends in the Concierge Lounge, we did a room tour. We toured a Crown Loft, a Grand Suite, and our Jr Suite. Truthfully, I liked our JS the best, and so did everyone else! Really! The Crown Loft was a lot "tighter" than I thought it would be, and actually had quite a small balcony. The Grand Suite had way too much furniture, and that made the room look more cramped. Our JS had a lot of floor space, a fantastic balcony on the hump (bigger than both the CL and GS balconies), and we had our fantastic WALK-IN closet, which neither of the other 2 rooms had! So, we were then HAPPY we were not upgraded! I'll take my JS, thank you very much!

Agree with you, we also prefer the layout of the JS to the GS.

When you log into the My Cruise section on the RCL website click on profile and on the left hand side is upgrade preferences. Click on that to pick your preferences.

I just filled out all of the personal information, but don't see anything at all regarding Upgrade Preferences????? Am I blind, or could it be that it's my first RCC cruise (did one about 25 years ago, but doesn't count)? I can't sign up for Crown and Anchor till I've cruise??????

Archived