Are You Aware of This Carnival Rule?

I love my cat Licky

I just spoke with a travel agent and was going to transfer my reservation through him and because he was offering me some OBC and Carnival is offering nothing. So what would you do? He contacted Carnival and was told that it cannot be transferred to a travel agent after 30 days. :mad: This is crazy!

I just spoke with a travel agent and was going to transfer my reservation through him and because he was offering me some OBC and Carnival is offering nothing. So what would you do? He contacted Carnival and was told that it cannot be transferred to a travel agent after 30 days. :mad: This is crazy!

Ccl doesnt want to do all the work to have people transferring to ta's who do little work and collect commisions.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Ccl doesnt want to do all the work to have people transferring to ta's who do little work and collect commisions.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

And the rule makes perfect sense. Carnival got the booking, everything is in place, and someone wants to collect a commission (with a kickback to passenger). I'm glad the cruise line has gotten a clue about this ridiculous practice.

Is this TA worth the hassle? Many times, you sacrifice customer service and product knowledge with some of these TA's that need to offer OBC to stand out from the rest.

The biggest plus for me using a PVP (dealing directly with Carnival) is that since we don't book Early Saver ....

my PVP will give me any price reductions up to the final payment.

He gets credit for the booking regardless of what price I pay for the cabin....

not like a TA may not have that incentive since they could lose commission if the price of your cruise goes down.....

And the rule makes perfect sense. Carnival got the booking, everything is in place, and someone wants to collect a commission (with a kickback to passenger). I'm glad the cruise line has gotten a clue about this ridiculous practice.

As long as we are straightening out ridiculous practices, why am I paying the same rate when I book on line at Carnival.com as when I book through a PVP, or through a TA that also gives me OBC?

hmmmm....

Would you like to do "the work"....and then not get paid for it?

As long as we are straightening out ridiculous practices, why am I paying the same rate when I book on line at Carnival.com as when I book through a PVP, or through a TA that also gives me OBC?

hmmmm....

My personal opinion (for what that's worth) is that TAs should not be permitted to "rebate" their commission. This practice devalues the TAs work, although perhaps those who do this really don't offer any service to earn their commission. (Disclaimer: I used to be a TA, still work in travel industry, but not sales and not commission-based.)

hmmmm....

TA is giving up some commission to get you to book. I like using my PVP to have control

hmmmm....

I was thought Carnival changed the rules and stopped the practice of TA's giving you OBC. They are supposed to book only at the listed prices.

Some one correct me on this If Im wrong.

Edit: I guess if they have blocked out some rooms as a "Group" cruise they could. BUT then those prices are normally slightly higher than book rate.

the TA is taking money out if their commission paid by Carnival to give you money to take the sale from Carnival .. thats why they stopped it.

they do all the work and then people were waiting until final payment and moving the booking to a TA who split the money carnival paid with the pax.

really, can you blame them?

Would you like to do "the work"....and then not get paid for it?

I have to write off a few hundred a month thanks to just that. So, no, it does not make me a happy camper. That comes right off the top... $ that could go to cruising!! ;)

Tom

RCL also stopped this practice of the cruiseline doing all the work and then giving the booking to a TA last minute to get OBC, except you have 60 days to transfer the booking to the TA.

cruiselines know TAs are still giving OBC and indirectly discounting .. I dont blame them one bit. Its a hard practice to stop, though both lines have tried.

That has been the rule for a long time. Not really a big deal since a TA cannot give you a benefit worth more than $25.

And the rule makes perfect sense.

Carnival got the booking, everything is in place,

and someone wants to collect a commission (with a kickback to passenger).

I'm glad the cruise line has gotten a clue about this ridiculous practice.

Ha ha ha ha :D -I agree.

Everyone thinks they're so smart they can out-fox the system

-and still get Full Value + ---amazing!

I dont deal with TA's. I like having control over my vacation, not in the hands of someone I really dont know or knows me. I would much rather call Carnival, talk to my PVP and book my cruise. At least with her, I know she works for Carnival and in that effect for me....

Iv read on CC one TA who has loyalty tiers, and gives more perks, the more cruises in the past you have booked with them. (nothing to do with group cruises).

Though I have booked some groups, for the discount. So I use both a TA for the discount I get on cruises and I use a PVP. My PVP gives way better service, and I love the discounts .. but both are good. My Magic and the two Conquest cruises are groups I got a big discount on, the Triumph is booked thru my PVP and both are good ways to book.

Archived