Use of MB Bathroom products is now Audited

NEOPHYTUS

THe MDR was never closed on my recent TA, even on port days. I was informed it would not be closed at all. I wonder if this was a policy indicated by the potentially inclement weather, of which we had a generous share.

I'm on the Odyssey right now and just passed the midway point of a 7 day cruise. MDR has been open for breakfast and lunch every day. Colonnade has also been open for breakfast and lunch every day. Patio Grill open every day for lunch.I don't think it's normal at all for them to cancel lunch service...

I'm on the Odyssey right now and just passed the midway point of a 7 day cruise. MDR has been open for breakfast and lunch every day. Colonnade has also been open for breakfast and lunch every day. Patio Grill open every day for lunch.I don't think it's normal at all for them to cancel lunch service...

Spree75,

That is good news as we will be sailing in a couple of weeks on Odyssey, can you tell me please who is the CD and Captain for your voyage??

Looking forward to Odyssey as this is the only large Seabourn we have not sailed on. Hope you are enjoying your cruise!!

Haven't had time to read all the posts on this topic as I'm using up precious internet time! Here on the Spirit we have had 3 bottles of each MB product every day, whether or not we had a drop left in a bottle. We have had chocolates every night and fantastic service, food etc. The house wines are poorer than on previous trips but there are some decent ones if you find them and ask for them. The champagne is poor - we've started drinking Prosecco instead!

Glad to hear it! I board the Spirit in December, but despite several bumps, I think I might be alone, FLL to Costa Rica. I do know that Anthony Hummeau will be onboard, steering the MDR through uncharted waters of the dress code and hosted tables. Do you have any idea who the CD might be?

Marianh,

Well, posters on this board have been known to latch on to anything contraversial and/or incorrect noted here and thus it is helpful for others to have thick skin and not take offense easily.:D So I'll leave it to you to guess what I meant.

On the recent Sojourn TA I met a gentleman who made no bones about his displeasure with Regent. He told everyone he met how after 320 days of cruising that line he would never step foot on another of their ships. He was infuriated with the cutbacks to quality and service. When pressed to explain, he stated that he was just sick and tired of asking for three olives with his Martini and constantly only getting two. Thank God he didn't realize that he was getting shorted by Seabourn on his shampoo and chocolates as he would have probably tossed himself over the railing.

On the recent Sojourn TA I met a gentleman who made no bones about his displeasure with Regent. He told everyone he met how after 320 days of cruising that line he would never step foot on another of their ships. He was infuriated with the cutbacks to quality and service. When pressed to explain, he stated that he was just sick and tired of asking for three olives with his Martini and constantly only getting two. Thank God he didn't realize that he was getting shorted by Seabourn on his shampoo and chocolates as he would have probably tossed himself over the railing.

or someone else would have tossed him over!

Is there a corkage fee if one brings a bottle of olives?

Apparently ask 3 different company employees and you'll receive 3 different answers. I like mine stuffed w/bleu cheese but maybe that's another thread!

but maybe that's another thread!

Around the Seabourn olive tree ?

Around the Seabourn deli counter?

Actually I have never come across olives (nor help-desk staff) stuffed with blue cheese.....The things one learns here!

I think those olives are a favorite of the La Palomas. We did have a thread about topics related to booze, I think. I never had them before, but got some at our local cheese emporium, just to snack on. Yummy!

If meat loaf is served on the farewell night (like HAL did), then all hope is lost.

I posted for those who pooh-pooh the seemingly miniscule gripes (and I'lladmit they are). But I went through them years ago on HAL and hence, I board Seabourn.

A friend who sails HAL called to say the bars, save one, are closed during the day. Attendance is taken in the dining room at lunch, when it's open.

Yeah, I get there's an economic meltdown. Those who work at the St. Regis in NYC tell me the Saudis are the only ones really spending money.

I would expect Seabourn, with their per diems, can still provide a great product without the skimp. Caviar included.

Those who say they'll sacrifice are on a slippery slope and don't let management forget that.

Yes exactly. There is an economic downturn. So, Seabourn, don't take my precious, hard-earned cash with promises of luxury and pampering and then charge me corkage, serve me wine-lake overflow, ration my caviar, close the bar, eke out the bubble bath, deny me chocolate, cancel the flowers and expect me to train-up the help.

The way you behave anybody would think it is a great privilege just to be on one of your boats. Actually, its your privilege to have me.

And another thing.... why don't you have olives stuffed with blue cheese ? Or for that matter other exotic American dishes, po-boys, crawfish etouffee, beignets and gumbo (guess who has been to NO).

Bah!

>"If meat loaf is served on the farewell night (like HAL did), then all hope is lost."

Actually, after 4 weeks I wouldn't mind a nice meatloaf or tunnel macaroni casserole. Or a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. <g>

Yes exactly. There is an economic downturn. So, Seabourn, don't take my precious, hard-earned cash with promises of luxury and pampering and then charge me corkage, serve me wine-lake overflow, ration my caviar, close the bar, eke out the bubble bath, deny me chocolate, cancel the flowers and expect me to train-up the help.

The way you behave anybody would think it is a great privilege just to be on one of your boats. Actually, its your privilege to have me.

And another thing.... why don't you have olives stuffed with blue cheese ? Or for that matter other exotic American dishes, po-boys, crawfish etouffee, beignets and gumbo (guess who has been to NO).

Bah!

Now don't be sheepish, tell us what you really think;)

Archived