What's your record for lobster tails?

scgamecock

So, if I want my lobster/shrimp and want to try the prime rib I can order both and won't look like I am being a piggy???? I have always wanted to try the prime rib but didn't want to miss out on the lobster. At our table this time(a group of us girls from work) maybe we could order extra and share????? That way no wasted food and we can try other things.....;)

On our last cruise they must have had a few extra 'cos the waiters just kept bringing them to our table with no more than a nod and a wink.

I'm not sure I made it to the dessert menu that night...

Cute...oh i was so surprised how good it really was..this was just on the Paradise in Long Beach..from photos they vary I see..and so hard to hear when they are bad for folks...I love Prime rib but i live in good meat country..hey..Viva some seafood i found out I LOVED. Next time i will go for your plan:).

When a child I had one of few trips to east coast and dad had finished a correspondence school thing and one night we had lobster on the beach with one of his friends and fellow surviving classmates..the kids had burgers i am sure..i will never forget watching this guy eat a bucket of clams..HUGE..and one of those huge lobsters that people talk about..so maybe sometime that will be fun to share with someone...this guy was like the 22 tails one plus plus..OH MY..i was in 5th grade and still remember..LOL..sarah

PS..read your MO and oh i know i will love many Caribbean places and can not wait..but oh my there is no trip like your first to Hawaii and you may change your favorite tropical place....there are more calm water beaches and a bit warmer water places to be found in Caribbean places I hear but Hawaii..is just..well i have been not sure now maybe 8 times..too late to count...there is nothing like your first trip..is is indescribable and my favorite I am sure because it is USA and so much more, you and yours enjoy...sarah

Edited by sjn911

PS..read your MO and oh i know i will love many Caribbean places and can not wait..but oh my there is no trip like your first to Hawaii and you may change your favorite tropical place....there are more calm water beaches and a bit warmer water places to be found in Caribbean places I hear but Hawaii..is just..well i have been not sure now maybe 8 times..too late to count...there is nothing like your first trip..is is indescribable and my favorite I am sure because it is USA and so much more, you and yours enjoy...sarah

Staying on-topic...kind of...perhaps while on the Hawaii cruise I'll go for some sort of record with Spam fritters. :D

Staying on-topic...kind of...perhaps while on the Hawaii cruise I'll go for some sort of record with Spam fritters. :D

LOL..in the casual dining room..also offered with what they call Plate lunch with a pile of macaroni salad..:p..4 plate maximum and you can not eat for 24 hrs...LOL...

• 3 years later...

I typically get 2. That is max for me. I usually order an app and soup every day, so if I get two lobsters, I am really full. Usually I am too full for dessert, which is a shame because its usually good (bitter and blanc or something good I think). I usually manage to eat a bite of it.

Last year on the Glory they cut me off after 4 lobster tails... I could've done at least that many more. Then, on the Breeze, the waiter would only bring me one, and refused any more... Guess who didn't get a tip at the end of the cruise?

Not my personal record, but on a cruise a few years ago, myself and the three other men at my table all had 5 each - after the first round of fisherman's plates, without asking, the waiter brought out a tray and we helped ourselves to two more each, then he brought out a second tray. If he would have brought out a third tray (we asked, but he said they were out), I am sure we would have easily finished off seven apiece.

My personal record (and non-cruise) was many years ago at the Rio Seafood Buffet in Las Vegas. Embarrassed to say how many I ate that night.

Last year on the Glory they cut me off after 4 lobster tails... I could've done at least that many more. Then, on the Breeze, the waiter would only bring me one, and refused any more... Guess who didn't get a tip at the end of the cruise?

There must have been a reason for getting just 1:eek: Did he say why?

I think those ordering so many lobster tails and bragging etc, is the reason that they are not going to be available for cruises less than 6 days. I think soon there will be a limit put on the number of lobster tails for the longer cruises.

Edited by katiel53

Uhm... 0.

People, lobsters/crabs/shrimps are the bugs of the sea and are bottom dwellers.

If you were standing next to a dumpster, filled w all manners of stinking filth, and from that defiled dumpster a foot long scorpion emerged would your first thoughts be "I am so EATING that"?

Uhm... 0.

People, lobsters/crabs/shrimps are the bugs of the sea and are bottom dwellers.

If you were standing next to a dumpster, filled w all manners of stinking filth, and from that defiled dumpster a foot long scorpion emerged would your first thoughts be "I am so EATING that"?

Are you saying you've never tried scorpion?!?!

It's DELISH! :p

Give me more Sea Bugs!