Shareholders Benefit

san diego sue

I have been away from HAL for three years and since then have purchased

Carnival Stock. I am used to Princess way of sending it in and they have a special form to submit.

Do I need a special form to submit or will a cover sheet with info and the proof of stock ownership with it work?

Do I wait till final payment (it is coming up on Monday).

Is there a special department. I have the form that shows all the Canrival Corp cruise lines with their address and fax, email etc.

Is this fax number still correct for HAL 206 281-0627

And do I address it to World Cruise Reservations

If their is a special form , can you post here for me to copy.

Glad we are finally returning to HAL.

Thank you:D

I have never used any type of special form so I would say no. I usually wait until I've made final payment. The one time I sent it in before I had a heck of a time getting confirmation. I can not get a straight answer out of HAL on whether or not final payment needs to be made. I usually email mine in because I don't have access to a fax at home and I don't want to send it from work.

Is this fax number still correct for HAL 206 281-0627

And do I address it to World Cruise Reservations

If their is a special form , can you post here for me to copy.

Glad we are finally returning to HAL.

Thank you:D

Sue, that is the FAX# and address I always use. There is no special form that I know of. I just send a letter requesting the credit and attach a copy of my purchase confirmation with acct. # and price blacked out. I use the same letter every time, just change the dates and cruise ship.

I believe I have always sent it after final payment. Have never had a problem and have always received a revised res. confirmation form by e-mail showing the credit has been posted. I print the e-mail and take it with me on the cruise in case there is ever a question.

Thank you all for answering. I was confused because Princess keeps changing fax numbers and requiring a special form. Glad to see that HAL keeps it simple.

Final payment due next week so I will do it after.

:D

I emailed mine to HAL last week and my TA told me today that it had been applied.

I email in a .pdf of my statement to <World_Cruise_Reservations@HollandAmerica.com> or <worldcruisereservations@hollandamerica.com> Either address works.

Usually within 48 hrs I get a confirmation back via return e-mail.

Scott.

YXU AC*SE

XXX YYYYYYYYYYYYY ST N

LONDON, ON

A1A 1A1

Dear Mr. YXU AC*SE

Thank you for your request to have a shipboard credit applied to your reservation ZZZZZZ based on your status as a CCL stockholder. Holland America Line has applied $ 250.00 ship board credit to your reservation, and it will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation.

Please refer to your travel agent for further details.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Rachel [name redacted]

CCL Program Backup Lead

We, too, just had our broker buy 100 shares this week to get the $250 obc for our Hawaii cruise in Feb.

Where else are you going to get a guaranteed 7.5% ($250) return in less than 4 months on a $3300 investment these days?

I paid $19 per share and have over $2500 back so far on Princess Cruises.

To be honest, I've never filled out a form for any of my Princess cruises. I've emailed those as well.

I used to just fax my brokerage statement along with my paid in full receipt to Liza McDaniel at Princess and then they changed to a generic fax #.

I used to just fax my brokerage statement along with my paid in full receipt to Liza McDaniel at Princess and then they changed to a generic fax #.

I've heard that Liza now works in a different department, so there are a few un-named employees at Princess who handle the shareholder credit requests and that is probably the reason for the generic fax #. Last month I submitted my request without using the official form and still received the credit. What I didn't receive this time was an email (I submitted my request via email with a PDF of my brokerage statement attached) confirming that the credit had been applied - I called my TA to have her verify it.

The Carnival Corporation Shareholder Benefit page states that the information that is required to obtain the benefit is your name, reservation #, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares. Fax numbers and email addresses are provided for each cruise line.

Princess now has an official form that has to accompany the proof of stocks.

We have gone on three Princess cruises since May and had to do it on all three.

That's odd. I went the middle of June on the Sapphire Princess and didn't use the form. I didn't even know one existed, not did they mention it.

Time wise, I faxed my request with proof of 100 share CCL ownership from my brokerage account (blocked out number) statement last week, and the onboard credit showed up on our online reservations today Tuesday.

$250 this time. Stock is down from my purchase price, but benefits are paying off. Plus I noticed there was a small dividend paid as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this month old discussion but looks like all posters were having success, while our request was rejected for not being submitted within 60 days. Here was the email reply from "World_Cruise_Reservations@HollandAmerica.com":

We received your request to apply the CCL Stockholders promotional shipboard credit to your booking. Unfortunately, since this is now past the allotted time send the CCL benefit request (must be within 60days from date of booking being made), we are unable to apply the shipboard credit to your booking. Your reservation was made Jul 31, 2011, request for CCL benefit must have been sent to/received by Holland America Line no later than Sep 30, 2011. - Karen Stuart, CCL Program Lead

I found nothing on HAL site, shareholder info, nor on CruiseCritic. Can someone point me to the fine print with 60 day deadline before I fire back on this message? All I've seen is submit within 2 weeks of departure. I submitted Nov 23 for a January 2, 2012 cruise. Thanks!

Sorry to bump this month old discussion but looks like all posters were having success, while our request was rejected for not being submitted within 60 days. Here was the email reply from "World_Cruise_Reservations@HollandAmerica.com":

We received your request to apply the CCL Stockholders promotional shipboard credit to your booking. Unfortunately, since this is now past the allotted time send the CCL benefit request (must be within 60days from date of booking being made), we are unable to apply the shipboard credit to your booking. Your reservation was made Jul 31, 2011, request for CCL benefit must have been sent to/received by Holland America Line no later than Sep 30, 2011. - Karen Stuart, CCL Program Lead

I found nothing on HAL site, shareholder info, nor on CruiseCritic. Can someone point me to the fine print with 60 day deadline before I fire back on this message? All I've seen is submit within 2 weeks of departure. I submitted Nov 23 for a January 2, 2012 cruise. Thanks!

Well, if it is 60 days it's news to me. I've applied for and received stock OBC on 3 HAL cruises and all were submitted after final payment and many more than 2 months after inital deposit. Most of our bookings are a year out.

This is concerning as the information on their official site says nothing about the 60 days. I've just booked my first HAL cruise and we don't sail until January 2013. So if I submit now I imagine they will reject it because final payment has not been made. Sigh ... what to do ....

This is concerning as the information on their official site says nothing about the 60 days. I've just booked my first HAL cruise and we don't sail until January 2013. So if I submit now I imagine they will reject it because final payment has not been made. Sigh ... what to do ....

I agree, this doesn't make sense. We did a future cruise deposit while on board the Eurodam in September for April 2013, picked our cabin etc and he never mentioned we had to submit our stock information within 60 days of booking. I am hoping this information from HAL is wrong. It makes much more sense to apply it after final payment is made.

I'd try again. I found this link on another thread (http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTA5ODY5fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1) and it says,

Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least two weeks prior to cruise departure date.

Good luck! :)

We booked a cruise for this past summer in January of 2010 and the 2012 world voyage in July of 2010. I purchased the stock in March of this year. They applied the OBC for the stock for both of those cruises. When we requested the OBC for 2013, they said it was too early to request.

I'd definitely try again!

Archived