Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

[quote name='tab1220']OMG!!!
I just recieved a call from a lady at the TA. She said she recieved an email from My TA today asking her to take over this booking while she's away and to take $400. off my credit card as final payment. She said something didn't seem right so she called me before she did tha payment!!

I'm sick to my stomach right now!! I asked her to please delete my cc #s and now I'm calling my bank to have them cancelled. She's calling her corp office to report her. I asked her not to contact the TA and let her know that she has made me aware of this til I cancel my ccs..I can't believe this I'm so sick right now!!![/quote]

This just gets worse for you, I really wish Cruise Critic would allow us to name TA's:mad:

[quote name='tab1220']OMG!!!
I just recieved a call from a lady at the TA. She said she recieved an email from My TA today asking her to take over this booking while she's away and to take $400. off my credit card as final payment. She said something didn't seem right so she called me before she did tha payment!!

I'm sick to my stomach right now!! I asked her to please delete my cc #s and now I'm calling my bank to have them cancelled. She's calling her corp office to report her. I asked her not to contact the TA and let her know that she has made me aware of this til I cancel my ccs..I can't believe this I'm so sick right now!!![/quote]
Do you think that there was just a misunderstanding as to "taking $400 off the card"? She has charged final payment and now wants to take off $400. While this woman is not very competent, I think she just misspoke and wants to reduce what she charged thus the "take off".

The other TA is obviously confused as to what the original TA is trying to do and called to confirm. I would just check to make sure all charges up until now that the TA has made to your credit card say Royal Caribbean.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Purple"]I keep looking out for your posts hoping that I will see this finally resolved and you happy. I'm glad that you are notating everything here as a record of what is occurring. I also hope that someone at RCCL is following this thread and will get it sorted once and for all.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

She said the email said my final payment of $400. was due today. She sent her my visa # and told her to take the amount off my card.

[quote name='reallyitsmema']Do you think that there was just a misunderstanding as to "taking $400 off the card"? She has charged final payment and now wants to take off $400. While this woman is not very competent, I think she just misspoke and wants to reduce what she charged thus the "take off".

The other TA is obviously confused as to what the original TA is trying to do and called to confirm. I would just check to make sure all charges up until now that the TA has made to your credit card say Royal Caribbean.[/quote]

[quote name='tab1220']She said the email said my final payment of $400. was due today. She sent her my visa # and told her to take the amount off my card.[/quote]

Wow, that is just unbelievable...after she told RCCL that she was giving $400 towards the cost of the new cabins, she tried to charge it back to you...I have no words.

Is the new TA going to switch the cabins to the connecting BW's for you?

Yes...she sent the call to someone in the corp division. She has been in contact with RCCL. They have the rooms held and she will be calling me in a few minutes with confirmation. In the meantime,I've cancelled my cc :mad:

[quote name='Maryscooking']Wow, that is just unbelievable...after she told RCCL that she was giving $400 towards the cost of the new cabins, she tried to charge it back to you...I have no words.

Is the new TA going to switch the cabins to the connecting BW's for you?[/quote]

Perhaps she meant to reduce the final payment by $400, which is what she had offered earlier.

I know this has seemed like an ordeal, but you are going on a cruise with your family, so life is pretty good. :)

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I just can't believe what I am reading. She said she would give you $400 out of her "pocket" to compensate you for the change in cabins and all the problems - then she calls and tells another agent in her office to charge YOUR visa $400???

I think its time to call Katie in resolutions again - get this booking away from this office/TA NOW.

I have trouble following some of this................which cabins do you still have(if any)?:confused:

If you dont pay that $400,I guess your booking will be canx.......too bad it has all come down to the wire before you were made aware of this..

I would have canceled the card as well. It's no telling what this chick will put on your card. She sounds like she is a shingle shy of a space shuttle.:rolleyes:

I sure am hoping that you can get 2 cabins like you need. Fingers crosses, prayers said here.

Waiting on the edge of my seat!

[quote name='Maryscooking']Unless the new TA is flat out lying to her as well, they were put on hold.[/quote]Lying?? The TA??:eek::eek::rolleyes:See the posts below from this morning.

(Lets just hope maybe they wound up holding them anyway..)

[quote name='tab1220']Ok....whew!!
Rudolph from RCCL has put a hold on 14315 and 14317. He wants me to call the TA copr and have them switch me over to these two room immediately. He says if they refuse to cancel and RCCL will take of me. so calling now.[/quote]

[quote name='PH8']Not sure what the deal is,but 14315 and 14317 are showing available right now....meaning no hold.:confused:[/quote]

[quote name='runnerandme']She did not say charge the card. She said take $400 off of the card..We had a TA give us a final invoice and our final payment was a minus amount due to a mistake they had made. Our final payment was actually a credit to us...:eek: So maybe this is what this woman was trying to do..credit the card not charging the card..not good use of terms on the TA's part. Her instructions should have been very clear.[/quote]

TAKE $400 off the card, sounds like a charge to me, PUT $400 on the card would be a credit

Yes, I reread the post and deleted mine. I think this TA is so dizzy that she really does not explain herself well and certainly has not gotten anything right yet.. Put on could mean a charge and take off could mean a credit..I know that yesterday they told me they were taking off a certain amount on my card and it was a credit to me..

[quote name='PH8']Lying?? The TA??:eek::eek::rolleyes:See the posts below from this morning.

(Lets just hope maybe they wound up holding them anyway..)[/quote]

Actually I saw those posts thank you...but the way I read it, this TA is a new one, who wasn't involved this morning, and contacted the OP after she was emailed by the original TA.

One of the last posts this afternoon from the OP says the TA told her she put a hold on them and was getting confirmation from RCCL. I am hopeful that this TA did what she said she did. She seems at least slightly more with it and honest than the first one.

Just up this morning and checking to see how his saga is progressing. Hopefully, the OP will get it all straightened out today.

Just a FYI heads up. Here in Canada anybody can say hang up a shingle as an on-line TA. No certification or special education needed. Some take courses, many don't. Not sure how it works elsewhere but since with the internet you often don't know where the agency is anyway, you might want to choose carefully.

Final update...New TA called RCCL yesterday only to find that the 2 cabins 14315-14317 were held, just for someone else. Rudolph never placed the 24 hr hold on them.

I spoke with him this morning he said the cabins were available when he spoke with me yesterday but the TA didn't call in time so they were given to someone else. He says he didn't place them on 24 hr hold and that was his fault. He said he's sorry he allowed this to fall through the cracks and unfortunately there's nothing else that he can do for me.

In the meantime....I have the original TA calling the new TA telling her that I missed a final payment of $200. and to cancel my booking. She also says that she will mail me a $400. check after my cruise is over but refuses to put it in writing.

I have printed off a copy of this thread and am sending it to Adam Goldstein I also emailed this to the TAs cust relations dept. At this point I really don't feel that any actions will be taken regarding this.

I just feel it's best for me to step back, be unsatisfied and keep the cabins that I have.
I pulled up my booking this morning and my ov balc will not allow me to print off my seapass(says in process)which I didn't think that should happen if the cruise is p.i.f. I'm terrified now that on top of all of this RCCL may listen to this TA and cancel me. RCCl said they have no access to my payments and they can only wait for her to call in with a code that will allow them to take final payment if it's owed.

My cc is cancelled so I guess they won't get whatever bogus payment she's trying to take from me.

wow.......you are either very unlucky or I just dont know.............I have never heard of RCCL dropping the ball so much:rolleyes:......

Hope your ressie doesnt get canx and you can enjoy whatever cabins you have.....

Next time,if you use a TA,if I were you,I would go to one you can talk to in person..........I think you need more guidance from someone like that,rather someone over the internet or even the phone..

Good luck!

Unlucky when it comes to dealing with this situation. I've never been through anything like this in my life.

I know all TAs aren't bad but I think I'll book my own cruises from this point on.

[quote name='PH8']wow.......you are either very unlucky or I just dont know.............I have never heard of RCCL dropping the ball so much:rolleyes:......

Hope your ressie doesnt get canx and you can enjoy whatever cabins you have.....

Next time,if you use a TA,if I were you,I would go to one you can talk to in person..........I think you need more guidance from someone like that,rather someone over the internet or even the phone..

Good luck![/quote]

Archived