how do you find out about flash sales?

S.S.Oceanlover

Do you have to sign up for them or can you just find them on Princess' website?
No place to sign up other than for Princess emails, but that's not reliable. I know they're available through TA's but I don't know if they are through the Princess website.

When I am interested in a last minute cruise, I call my TA and she sends them to me. One of those times that having a good relationship with an agent can pay off.

so I am gathering from your post that I can't just call any TA if i am interested in a last minute cruise if I have never used them before?

Bill

so I am gathering from your post that I can't just call any TA if i am interested in a last minute cruise if I have never used them before?

Bill

Yes you can. I would pick a cruise agent as they follow these more than an agent who does general travel.

I just mentioned about having a good relationship as I have often called my agent at the last moment and she knows my preferences and then sends things that apply accordingly. Or, if she sees something that she thinks I would be interested in, she sends it my way. I may not be planning a trip and get something from her and that will prompt a possible future trip.

Can flash sales ever be regional?
Not sure but I would guess that they are. I know that if you live within driving distance to the itinerary's embarkation port, you will sometimes receive last minute deal notifications. That's particularly true if you live near FLL or LA. There are definitely special regional rates sometimes. Whether they are Flash sales or not, I don't know. I just know that a couple of times, I've booked a cruise out of San Pedro (45 minutes away) and a friend in MA has contacted our TA for a quote for the same cruise and category, and the rate quoted for her was quite a bit higher. Elite vs. Platinum status might account for some of the difference but not all.

Yes you can. I would pick a cruise agent as they follow these more than an agent who does general travel.

I just mentioned about having a good relationship as I have often called my agent at the last moment and she knows my preferences and then sends things that apply accordingly. Or, if she sees something that she thinks I would be interested in, she sends it my way. I may not be planning a trip and get something from her and that will prompt a possible future trip.

OK gotcha. I thought you meant you got the flash sales because you had a good relationship with a TA.

Thank you Coral and thank you Janina.:)

I was thinking of just buying the airfare now and booking the cruise last minute. There are plenty of cruises that leave Feb 4th or 5th and i don't really care what cruiseline or where it goes.:)

Bill

Bill

I was thinking of just buying the airfare now and booking the cruise last minute. There are plenty of cruises that leave Feb 4th or 5th and i don't really care what cruiseline or where it goes.:)

Bill

Bill

If you are that flexible, then I would look for a great fare to FL (since they tend to go up and up once the first snow really starts to fall up North) then wait & see what you can find in terms of fares. It is NOT a spring break week, President's weekend or even Valentine's Day so you will be able to pick up a sailing reasonably after final payments are due.

enjoy your Trip!

I have done that before. I secured FF miles to Vancouver for a 2 week period for a B2B that would cover 2 Princess ships going to Alaska (and several other ships with other lines). I didn't care which ship. I got the airfare and then waited for rates to drop for both weeks. We booked the first week and then waited a few more weeks for the rate to drop for the second week. It worked out beautifully but had the possibility of crashing in front of me. For example - right after I booked the first week - the ship was pretty empty when I booked it (mid-May Alaskan cruise) and then all of a sudden it filled up and I couldn't figure out what happened. It turned out they filled the ship with a very large foreign group (600 plus individuals).

Just watch availability and be ready to book before it fills up.

If you are that flexible, then I would look for a great fare to FL (since they tend to go up and up once the first snow really starts to fall up North) then wait & see what you can find in terms of fares. It is NOT a spring break week, President's weekend or even Valentine's Day so you will be able to pick up a sailing reasonably after final payments are due.

enjoy your Trip!

Thanks for the advice.

Final payments are due for this week November 12th so it should be soon.

As long as it's a ship with MUTS since the Super Bowl is February 5th.

We did this on the CB before and it was awesome.:) Carnival also has some ships with Seaside Theater too.:)

Bill

I have done that before. I secured FF miles to Vancouver for a 2 week period for a B2B that would cover 2 Princess ships going to Alaska (and several other ships with other lines). I didn't care which ship. I got the airfare and then waited for rates to drop for both weeks. We booked the first week and then waited a few more weeks for the rate to drop for the second week. It worked out beautifully but had the possibility of crashing in front of me. For example - right after I booked the first week - the ship was pretty empty when I booked it (mid-May Alaskan cruise) and then all of a sudden it filled up and I couldn't figure out what happened. It turned out they filled the ship with a very large foreign group (600 plus individuals).

Just watch availability and be ready to book before it fills up.

Thanks Coral, I'll be watching like a hawk. Luckily i only have 1 week to worry about.:)

Bill

Last summer we got an excellent offer through the Princess Standby program on the Princess website - unfortunately it was for the same cruise we had taken a couple of weeks before and we couldnt take advantage of the deal.

We did not get any offers until we reduced the amount of notice we needed to 1-2 weeks notice so maybe that makes a difference?

I know that bargain hunters check the Princess website cruise prices daily if they have a cruise in mind. Prices crash substantially on the longer cruise from about 6 mths before departure. Unfortunately you have to cancel and rebook to get the lower price if you have already booked.

OK gotcha. I thought you meant you got the flash sales because you had a good relationship with a TA.

Thank you Coral and thank you Janina.:)

Bill

Bill

If you get a miltiary rate..if you or DW is a vet...Carnival has some last minute deals that are great. In Feb..the children are mostly in school..the bigger ships..Dream.Freedom.Liberty.Valor.Glory..Breeze.Nice...on 7 or 8 day cruises.nice. We are booked on the Freedom in Feb..to Costa Rica and Panama.

Princess is my love..but I like Carnival..those ships..at those times..to those places..a lot. I would not sail a smaller ship. I would not sail Carnvial in the Summer..spring break or holdidays. I would not sail for less than a 7 or 8 day cruise.

We just sailed on the Dream. Clean.Clean.Clean. Loved that.BEDS were heaven. Nice cruise. We enjoyed it a lot. Food..not as good as Princess other than their Pizza..which was exceedingly good.

Also..if you register with Princess online..and then go to My Princess..there is a tab for "deals"...you click that..and if Princess has sent out rates and such...they show them. They were showing Europe until recently so I guess they are last minute things.

TAs are regularly notified of flash sales as well as many other promotions. If you notify your TA of choice that you are interested in a specific sailing, they will be happy to pass along the information. Sometimes agents will advertise them on their website or newspaper, but I think some just send them out to their past clients or people they know are waiting for a good deal to come along.

Archived