If Costa practically pays you to go on a cruise

tanelicus

Absolutely not. But my decision about that has nothing to do with this tragedy. My view of Carnival was already tainted from my cruise on the Imagination last year, so my husband said no Carnival cruises ever again and that went for all the brands under their umbrella.

Absolutely not. But my decision about that has nothing to do with this tragedy. My view of Carnival was already tainted from my cruise on the Imagination last year, so my husband said no Carnival cruises ever again and that went for all the brands under their umbrella.

Cunard IS under Carnival umbrella; isn't it?

i would definitely go on a free costa cruise

Would you do it now?

I would think that there will be some pretty incredible deals in the works.

If people are cancelling their Costa cruises, do you think they are going to book ships on other lines?

There was an accident on 95 today, I don't plan on walking to work tomorrow.....

It was a tragedy, but an accident and not the first one by far.

I would book on Costa, though, to be honest, it's never been a line I've researched. (The only line I'm not going back to is Carnival!)

Accidents happen every day. Let's learn from them, not live in fear of them.

Safe travels,

Samantha :D

We also said never again to Carnival after a nightmare of a Cruise on the Inspiration. They gave us a 25% off certificate for the next cruise - yeah - not going to happen. Have been in port with Costa cruise ships in Europe and was not impressed for some reason. So no, free cruise or cheap cruise - not going to happen here.

There was an accident on 95 today, I don't plan on walking to work tomorrow.....

I would book on Costa, though, to be honest, it's never been a line I've researched. (The only line I'm not going back to is Carnival!)

Safe travels,

Hate to see a cruise line go under. I am sure that the vast majority of their cruise practices are on the up and up.

I for one would consider going if the price is unbelievable. For me though, I only get to go on vacation so often, so the ship as a whole is a major consideration. So like you I would most likely turn my attention to another line, with no thought about the current accident.

Ive always heard about all these "nightmare" and "never again" cruises on Carnival but no one ever goes into details LOL.

Heck I went on Carnivals oldest, smallest, crappiest ship in their fleet at the time and had a blast.........I would sail Carnival again in a heartbeat and would sail Costa too.

I cant imagine any cruise where I safely return to the place I left from being a "nightmare"........to each their own I guess :)

Safe travels,

Hey Samantha.....please tell me you are the same great young lady we met on board the Explorer a few years back? So hoping you are! Have you been on the Explorer since? We have of course and also have been on the Allure and I was on the Oasis in October. Hope you all are doing alright. Take care!!!

9-11-2001 happened. Do I not ever go on a plane again? NO! I have flown many many times since BUT I am a quite a bit more vigilant about my surroundings. I like to think I am an experienced cruiser as well, and it breaks my heart that this was Costa incident was from human error as it has surely changed many lives. I can't imagine how frightened everyone was on that ship even after hearing their stories on the news from the interviews but it is the captains duty to instruct his officers and teams to help his passengers as ultimately HE is the one responsible. There were such great language barriers but I often think that to myself when so many visitors from other countries are here and think wow...how in the heck are they finding out answers to their questions. So much injury and damage done by human error...what a shame.

Hey Samantha.....please tell me you are the same great young lady we met on board the Explorer a few years back? So hoping you are! Have you been on the Explorer since? We have of course and also have been on the Allure and I was on the Oasis in October. Hope you all are doing alright. Take care!!!

It's me!! :) John and I are well and now a family of three! We welcomed a baby girl (Sadie) in March 2009 so we haven't cruised since that Explorer trip!! We're sailing on Enchantment with her for her first cruise (and third birthday! where did the time go?!?) March 10th and we are SO ready to get back on the ocean! I'm very excited and antsy and ready to go!!!!! What have you all been up to?!? We'd love to try Oasis and Allure. We're just not ready to fly with the little one yet...not to mention, cruising and flying with three is expensive! LOL

Feel free to email me at va2can at comcast dot net I'd love to hear how you are!

Sam :D

Safe travels,

I agree it was a major accident. Cruise lines don't like their reputations to be tarnished and they will do anything in their power to prevent another accident and to gain their reputation back. So if they gave me a free cruise I would go for sure.

How funny! :D We had a bad Carnival cruise on the Jubilee in 1998 and my DH said the same thing. And we haven't cruised with any of their brands ever since. :)

Our one Costa Cruise on the Mediterranea was our favorite so far for a number of reasons. We had a great CC gang (shout out to Bobar and Copper6606), the food was very good and more international than we have had on other lines. Our waiter was the best we have ever encountered and the Toga party was a blast. Our balcony cabin had a great set-up for quad occupancy and the kids traveled free.:D

And, did I mention the X1 package?

One man's stupidity should not taint the whole cruise line.

Would go back in a flash and would have no problem paying as long as I liked the itinerary and the ship.

I would rather pay for something I know I'll like than be given something I know I probably won't like. I know enough about what I like and dislike about cruising, and as such, Costa has never appealed to me. So no, I would not take it.

It would have to be a really great deal; and my reluctance is not due to the recent tragedy, but because I am reluctant to try Costa due to issues I have read about: smoking, many languages, food (some love, a lot seem to dislike) etc., cultural differences.

The smoking issue is the biggie for us; my husband is very sensitive to cigarette smoke.

We also said never again to Carnival after a nightmare of a Cruise on the Inspiration. They gave us a 25% off certificate for the next cruise - yeah - not going to happen. Have been in port with Costa cruise ships in Europe and was not impressed for some reason. So no, free cruise or cheap cruise - not going to happen here.

Same thing happened to us on Carnival Spirit,never again.No would not go on a Costa ship for many reasons that have nothing to do withis accident.:eek:

Same thing happened to us on Carnival Spirit,never again.No would not go on a Costa ship for many reasons that have nothing to do withis accident.:eek:

Oh yes...we received that too. 25% off a future cruise, 2 category upgrade....and a Fruit Basket!:D Good for one year after the sailing. We never took them up on their kiind offer. :)

Ive always heard about all these "nightmare" and "never again" cruises on Carnival but no one ever goes into details LOL.

Heck I went on Carnivals oldest, smallest, crappiest ship in their fleet at the time and had a blast.........I would sail Carnival again in a heartbeat and would sail Costa too.

I cant imagine any cruise where I safely return to the place I left from being a "nightmare"........to each their own I guess :)

We must be the luckiest cruisers in the world. My wife and I have 41 cruises to include 12 on Carnival. Enjoyed all 41...it's all about appreciation for what you have, research, and managing expectations.

Archived