Silhouette Smoking

defreeze

Very good to hear. While I am not opposed to an indoor smoking venue if it is easy for nonsmokers to avoid, the Sky Observation Lounge was about the worst spot they could pick as so many functions/events/activities are held there. I frequently had to duck out of events there early last year because of the smoking. I am glad that Celebrity is listening to people; I know that many, many people have complained about the smoking in that venue.

They have been trending towards this in the past couple of months, especially on the M class ships as they come out of drydock after the S class makeover...On the M class ships after the makeover the area where the smoking had previously been allowed is now the Fun Factory....

Wow! This is good news! I love the Sky Lounge, especially in the afternoons - it's pretty quiet and the views are great. But the smoky smell kept me away most of the time on our Eclipse cruise last year. We're on the Eclipse again in 2 weeks. Does anyone know if the Sky Lounge smoking ban applies to the Eclipse as well? Thanks!

Wow! This is good news! I love the Sky Lounge, especially in the afternoons - it's pretty quiet and the views are great. But the smoky smell kept me away most of the time on our Eclipse cruise last year. We're on the Eclipse again in 2 weeks. Does anyone know if the Sky Lounge smoking ban applies to the Eclipse as well? Thanks!

I agree with your comment about the Sky Lounge. Glad they made the change.

Very good to hear. While I am not opposed to an indoor smoking venue if it is easy for nonsmokers to avoid, the Sky Observation Lounge was about the worst spot they could pick as so many functions/events/activities are held there. I frequently had to duck out of events there early last year because of the smoking. I am glad that Celebrity is listening to people; I know that many, many people have complained about the smoking in that venue.
I recently heard that this was done on Eclipse; I was hoping it would carry over. The Sky Lounge was absolutely reeking on our cruise. We stopped in once for the Elite breakfast, we had to leave and head over to the buffet. We thought this was deliberate to cut back on folks coming in for the elite happy hours before dinner. ;):D

We also mentioned this on our end cruise survey; glad we weren't alone. Can't wait to enjoy the lounge in March.

While I don't consider myself a smoker. I do enjoy a cigar on a rare occasion and cruises is one of those occasions. We loved sitting out under the stars on the law with our cigars and drinks. Hope they don't get rid of that. Am glad about the indoor policy though. I agree that sky lounge smelled terrible.

Yes, Just off the Eclipse and there is no smoking allowed indoors!:D:D

Mari:)

...However, I did miss my cigars!!!

Hi Don,

Although very glad that Celebrity has gone "smoke free" inside the ship, I'll admit to also giving-in to the occasional cigar. ;)

Are passengers still permitted to smoke cigars at the Sunset Bar, portside?

Cheers,

Luc

Hi Don,

Although very glad that Celebrity has gone "smoke free" inside the ship, I'll admit to also giving-in to the occasional cigar. ;)

Cheers,

Luc

Sunset Bar, Starboard side.

Hi Don,

Cheers,

Luc

Not sure where it was on the Silhouette, but there is an area by one of the bars outside set aside for smokers

Hi Don,

Cheers,

Luc

Yes Luc....they are.

I really wanted a cigar everytime I passed the area....the smell of a good cigar (and I stress the word "good") made we wish I had hid them in my suitcase and went up there without my wife knowing!! :)

Don

Outstanding! This really has needed to happen for a while.

In defense of the smokers, about the only way that you could really allow it inside would be to create a dedicated smoking space somewhere that was essentially sealed. This would be expensive to make as well as to justify from the viewpoint of space allocation.

Anyway, kudos to Celebrity for this.

Archived