How long for your luggage to arrive?

If you check in early, like around 11AM for Liberty of the Seas out of Port Everglades on 02.23.2012?

Do they make several trips for delivering luggage or is it all done at the same time later on in the afternoon?

I wanted to carry on but don't want to be lugging luggage around until our room is ready so I think I should check it with the porter.

Best,

Sunny

Last month we were on board by about 1130 - photos of the promenade show 1145 on the clock and suitcases were at our doors when we checked out our rooms around 130pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But OP,dont count on it......it can come as late as sailaway.....even though,for me,it has been delivered no later than 3pm..

No general rule or answer..Luggage can arrive all together or not..We have had it be in our cabin around 1:00pm when we arrived or as late as 6:30 or so...We have even (several years ago) had one go to the "naughty room" (travel iron offender) and we weren't called to that excursion until approx 9:00pm..we were so worried it had gotten left behind. Take a small carryon with you with what you might need...

Not ever out of Port Everglades, not that where matters, but our luggage has arrived anywhere from 2:30 to 7 pm. We always arrive around 11 at port. We've found it's really a crap shoot, no rhyme or reason for when it's delivered.

On any ship, if I haven't seen it by an hour after sailaway, I'm looking for my cabin steward to go find it. That will usually round it up quickly. This past trip, it got set on the wrong side of the ship. No big deal, the steward found it in minutes after I mentioned that we didn't have it yet.

Once, we got the luggage BEFORE we got to the cabin....once, it was after dinner...around 10pm when the last bag arrived....it really depends where in the pile of bags yours is!

This mirrors my experience exactly. There doesn't appear to be any difference on where the cabin is located, boarding time or number of bags as sometimes they have arrived separately.

There is no correlation between what time you drop your bag off and what time it arrives. They say it can arrive anywhere between 1pm and 9pm. We have been let into our cabins at about 1pm and our luggage was not there but when we returned after sail away at around 5pm it was there. So it all depends.

Liberty at double capacity takes 3,434 passenger, if each passenger has 1 suitcase that's a lot of suitcases to go through security, get sorted to the right cart, delivered to the right area and the put in the right cabin :eek:

Just pack a small carry on bag to take with you, I always take my antler shoulder bag with me, it has our passports, documents, swimming gear just in case and some over the counter meds that will see me through until I get my suitcase.

CK x

If you check in early, like around 11AM for Liberty of the Seas out of Port Everglades on 02.23.2012?

Do they make several trips for delivering luggage

Best,

Sunny

In my two cruise from that port I would say luggage delivery is an all day thing. While we have had our luggage before 2nd seating, it usually comes in multiple deliveries. On Navigator our party had all pieces except 2 by 3pm and the rest by 6:30

If your luggage does not arrive in room until later and you have early seating for dinner, what should husband (who wore shorts during the day) do?

pack a small carry on for clothing for dinner :) I usually just wear my backpack. With that said, the MDR staff realizes the first night luggage issues I imagine and he would probably be just fine in what he wore on board.

If your luggage does not arrive in room until later and you have early seating for dinner, what should husband (who wore shorts during the day) do?

Not to worry no dress code/suggestions on first night at dinner...He will be fine in his shorts ;):)

Archived