Caribbean Princess delayed!

2theship

we are boarding this coming Sunday

does that mean our cruise could be cancelled?

we are flying out from Montreal and did our own air ntransportation

would Princess re emburse our flight?

Because your cruise is so close I would keep up with Princess; call the customer service line 2 or 3 times a day and if the person who answers the phone has no information regarding the current situation, ask to speak to a supervisor. That's what they are there for. Here's hoping they can make the necessary repairs while underway and everything will be fine.

The Grand is also in St. Maarten today but the Caribbean is in our parking place!!! So we're anchored and they have tenders going like crazy. They had to do some re-arranging of schedules for tours etc and the Caribbean Princess provided extra tenders to help get all of us off the boat in a timely fashion.

The crew on the Grand adjusted admirably and all is well.

It's a beautiful day in St. Maarten. Always a pleasure to be here. We've had a couple of bouts of rain but all in all it's very nice. There are 7 cruise ships in port today so that's a lot of tourists all in one spot, but it doesn't seem to be that bad.

The Grand is also in St. Maarten today but the Caribbean is in our parking place!!! So we're anchored and they have tenders going like crazy. They had to do some re-arranging of schedules for tours etc and the Caribbean Princess provided extra tenders to help get all of us off the boat in a timely fashion.

The crew on the Grand adjusted admirably and all is well.

It's a beautiful day in St. Maarten. Always a pleasure to be here. We've had a couple of bouts of rain but all in all it's very nice. There are 7 cruise ships in port today so that's a lot of tourists all in one spot, but it doesn't seem to be that bad.

Your post is refreshing and a pleasure to read. Happy to hear you're remaining positive. Thanks for the uplifting post. Have a great day!

We had this same problem on Celebrity in the mid 2000s. Celebrity knew we were going to miss some ports because of mechanical issues. We were offered a choice of 25% off that booking as OBC (this was in advance of our boading the ship) or 25% off a future booking.

It is frustrating. DrNex. I hope that things start to look up.

We have missed many ports due to weather. As I stated before, I hope that they get this fixed before setting us out to cross the Altantic in April.

You may be "entitled" to the port charges, which I believe on this itinerary amounts to about $72 (less any ports visited).

While I'll certainly be dissapointed if I miss any of these beautiful islands (most of which I've not been to), I also realize that I did enter into a binding contract which limits my recourse. If Princess chooses to provide additional reimbursement great!

One thing is for certain, I refuse to waste my vacation being ticked/pissed off... I'm going to have an epic, funfilled vacation even if I'm holed up in San Juan for a week.

One thing is for certain' date=' I refuse to waste my vacation being ticked/pissed off... I'm going to have an epic, funfilled vacation even if I'm holed up in San Juan for a week.[/quote']

Now, there is the right response...

Yesterday, when the issue was reported and the 3rd or 4th post was about compensation seemed like jumping the gun a bit. As time goes on and the cruise is more and more affected it becomes clear that Princess will likely offer some kind of compensation. They are probably waiting to determine the full extent of what this means and then will make an announcement. In the scheme of unfortunate cruise experiences, though, there are a lot of worse places you could be than in St. Maarten with no loss of comfort. It sounds like one day of the itinerary is lost and we'll have to wait and see what else. Princess is the best at taking care of people, so I'm confident they will do the right thing. I hope the ship get underway soon and there are no more issues.

One thing is for certain' date=' I refuse to waste my vacation being ticked/pissed off... I'm going to have an epic, funfilled vacation even if I'm holed up in San Juan for a week.[/quote']

And I can be pissed off at something such as this, but still have a great vacation. Personally though, the two places on our upcoming cruise that I would not want to be holed up on are San Juan and St. Marteen. The other ports would be ok with me.

I'm also on the Grand. Crew adjusted nicely to having to tender, Captain made an announcement about the revised procedures, things went well.

I was talking about the Caribbean Princess with someone at services desk and said at least its a nice port and they aren't stuck in the middle of the ocean. She added "or at Princess Cays". :-)

I hope the Caribbean Princess can get their problem fixed.

Just my opinion , I am entitled to it so don't shoot me but I kind of agree that if it is the fault of Princess that they miss a port and or have to sit in a port, for a long period of time, something s/b done about it. Nothing major like a free cruise but it should be their responsibility to make sure their equipment is working properly. How about a little bit of on board credit. Depending on how long they are stuck there. Now if it had to do with a storm or something out of their control then it would be a different story. Again, everyone has their opinion.

Linda

not all posters think logically..apparantly you do..and you are correct....if they cause the problem..they have to fix it...period...however that may be...including compensation for the pax...

well hope the cruise wont get cancelled

we got our own air transportation from Montreal which cost us 1400 just for the flight

if this cruise is cancelled, i am out 1400

:mad:

no you are not....you are only responsible for the change fees...which would most likely be covered by the cruise line that cancels your cruise...

of course..I have read here that Air Canada does things rather differently than most airlines

Never ceases to amaze me how the first words are always how much compensation will we get. The cruise contract clearly states that they have no responsibility when it comes to compensation. Therefore the passengers should be happy with anything they get. As far as I'm concerned missing a port(assuming you do miss one) entitles you to no refund. If you are on vacation and driving to your destination when your engine blows and you are a day late getting to your hotel does anyone compensate you?

no..but that is because if your car engine blows..it is your fault..or should I say your misfortune....not the hotel that you missed a night of staying at...

the hotel had nothing to do with your car..but the cruiseline has everything to do with making sure their ships are running properly...

no..but that is because if your car engine blows..it is your fault..or should I say your misfortune....not the hotel that you missed a night of staying at...

the hotel had nothing to do with your car..but the cruiseline has everything to do with making sure their ships are running properly...

I still don't understand why people assign "fault" to these things. I doubt very much even one person who is affiliated with the ship or the line did anything to cause this. Engines break or have issues. I would not be happy if I were on this cruise, and really not happy if I had to decide what to do about airfare and such, but it's not a blame things, IMHO. It is a very good reason to be sure you have insurance, both for the cruise and airfare.

I spoke to a friend of mine a short time ago who works on the CB. Yes, they are going to leave shortly, but still no word as to what they are going to do. Either go back to SJ or try to go forward. I also strongly believe that the ship will be out of service for a period of time so they can fix the propulsion system. That's my personal opinion and not that of Princess or anyone affiliated with them.

I love your attitude! We are suppose to board the Caribbean Princess this Sunday and I hope they have the situation under control by then. We actually called Princess from home and the two agents we spoke to hadn't a clue that anything was going on with the ship. Sure hope it is a quick fix. Diane and Bill

I still don't understand why people assign "fault" to these things. I doubt very much even one person who is affiliated with the ship or the line did anything to cause this. Engines break or have issues. I would not be happy if I were on this cruise, and really not happy if I had to decide what to do about airfare and such, but it's not a blame things, IMHO. It is a very good reason to be sure you have insurance, both for the cruise and airfare.

I spoke to a friend of mine a short time ago who works on the CB. Yes, they are going to leave shortly, but still no word as to what they are going to do. Either go back to SJ or try to go forward. I also strongly believe that the ship will be out of service for a period of time so they can fix the propulsion system. That's my personal opinion and not that of Princess or anyone affiliated with them.

Princess will of course have to make amends to the pax whose cruise was disrupted...this cruise and going forward...and that of course is my opinion...but it is a logical assumption nonetheless should the ship be out of service...

of course anyone who travels should have insurance...that is a given

I had a friend that was on RC's Enchantment a couple weeks ago and same thing happened they missed 2 ports because of engine troulbles and were refunded their whole cruise.Then another friend went on it last week and were refunded $300.00 but they got a real nice itinerary.The ship still is still not 100% and they are still cruising but with limited ports.

Well, lol Jersey Bird, but as I'm due to board CB Sunday, I hate your opinion, and I hope that it is wrong. :) No offense (ha ha)

I sure hope they fix the problem fast. I'd think they need to get this problem fixed before the TA, and I'm on the last cruise before she starts her trek to Europe.

If it was just me on this cruise, I wouldn't care a bit and as it is, I care a little but not enough to be grumpy about it. Almost all the ports are repeats for me and I'd be happy hanging out on the ship. However, this will be my traveling companion's first cruise and I'd like him to get started on his cruising addiction on a good note. I'm sure he'll also just be happy to be on the ship, but it would be nice to see the ports we've planned on.

Besides, even though he and I are pretty easy going about stuff like this, I don't want to have to listen to other passengers gripe, moan, and complain all week :rolleyes: It was bad enough to have a complainer on my (ship sponsored) shore excursion in Santorini. You'd think the world was coming to an end because we were delayed on our way back to the ship.

Now, if they cancel the cruise, that will be another story because there is nothing else we'd be able to switch to (on Princess) for that week. All ships are either gone for the summer, or are sold out :mad: I would be furious if that happens. :mad::mad: My friend is in Afghanistan right now (has been for almost six months) and when he gets back, this will be the one and only week he will be able to take off for vacation. Even if the ship only makes it to a couple ports, it's better than canceling the trip. We might have to go on the Carnival Victory instead :eek:

Archived