Portofino restaurant worth the supplement..

Has anyone any feedback on the Adventure of the Seas ....

Portofino Restaurant

Has anyone any good or bad reports on Portofino as our friends celebrate

their 25th Anniversary on our cruise and very much like Italian food.:cool:

Has anyone any feedback on the Adventure of the Seas ....

Portofino Restaurant

Has anyone any good or bad reports on Portofino as our friends celebrate

their 25th Anniversary on our cruise and very much like Italian food.:cool:

I can't speak for AOS Portofino, but we did do this on Serenade. Well worth the money, in our opinion. Food was fantastic, service was perfect. We consider ourselves "foodies" and couldn't find anything wrong with our dinner.

To us, it is well worth it. The ambiance,service, and food is excellent. It's a small price to pay for an extra-special meal. Food is a matter of taste, of course, so not everyone will agree on this.

Teddie

To us, it is well worth it. The ambiance,service, and food is excellent. It's a small price to pay for an extra-special meal. Food is a matter of taste, of course, so not everyone will agree on this.

Teddie

We will agree with you for sure! Love going to Portofino's! :)

We just got off Serenade. We were on the cruise to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We never thought we needed to spend money to eat at one of the specialty restaurants when there is very good food included in the cruise fare. We have always thought that the food and service in the MDR were fantastic. Because we were celebrating our anniversary, we decided to try Portofino just to try something different. Here are my thoughts on the whole experience.

The atmosphere in Portofino is definitely better than in the MDR. It's more relaxed, quieter more elegant. The food selection is better. The food presentation is better. I think the food quality is better. The service was excellent but so is the service in the MDR. Our only complaint was the amount of time it took. There is a lot of time between the courses. Some people like this. My wife and I prefer to have one course follow the other without much time in between.

My conclusion. Was it worth it? For us, probably not. The food is excellent but we've never complained about the food in the MDR. The service was equal to that in the MDR. The ambiance was better. The time factor was the biggest down side for us. We're glad we did it once and it was a nice change of pace but we probably won't do it again.

Just off Adventure of the Seas on 3/11 and had dinner at Portofino's for the third time. Upcharge was $20 per person (tip included).

It is a nicer, quieter, more relaxed venue than the main dining room. It says to allow 2-3 hours for dinner. You can tell them up front that you want it to be quicker & they will speed things up.

Some friends joined us this time who had never been to Portofino's and they said it was wonderful. They have traveled all over the world and eaten in many upscale restaurants and both said it was as good as or better than anywhere they've eaten.

The shrimp risotto appetizer is one of my favorites. My husband has the 20 ounce T-Bone and I have gotten the filet mignon were both awesome.

I can't afford to eat in the specialty dining rooms on a daily basis but as a treat once during the cruise it is well worth the extra $40.

Cindy

I was on Adventure Feb. 26th sailing. We did the both the Mytersy Dinner and a regular meal at Portofino. The Mystery Dinner was okay. The skit was silly and the menu was limited. The service was really good, but the food just so-so. It was obvious that some meals had been put in a warmer (my shrimp were overdone!) while the rest were cooking so everyone could be served at once.

The regular meal was wonderful! The food was really good and the service was attentive. My husband and I prefer a leisurely meal so the normal serving pace is fine with us. On Adventure I was with other family members who prefer eating quickly. My cousin requested that courses be brought immediately upon finishing the previous one so our meal went much quicker than I like.

I have eaten in Portofino on the Liberty twice. Ask the server to recomend dishes. Seafood Skewer, and Fettucini Alfredo must haves, and save room for Dessert. Happy cruising,

Jon P:)

The lamb chops and the mushroom pasta are also very delicious !:)

:rolleyes: While the tip is included, we always tip EXTRA.

Wondering if some of the rest of you do the extra tip as well?

The tip wasnt included on the Voyager 2 weeks ago. It has been on the Mariner and Radiance

To the OP yes it is worth it

Archived