Does Celebrity offer luggage valet service?

Any Canadians out there that have used the luggage valet service? I've read several times on CC that it is only available for American destinations. However, a colleague of mine just returned from a Royal Caribbean cruise out of FLL, and Royal Caribbean also offered the luggage valet service for Canadian destinations (this particular person flew United out of FLL after debarking, had a stopover in Houston and then onto Edmonton... she never saw her bags until Edmonton). If RCI can do it for Canadians, why not X?

Oh, please tell me it is so! This is exactly the route we take and I've always understood that the service is only available for travel ending in the U.S. We are booked for another Celebrity next February - would love to use this service....

Oh, please tell me it is so! This is exactly the route we take and I've always understood that the service is only available for travel ending in the U.S. We are booked for another Celebrity next February - would love to use this service....

Pariciah... FLL-IAH-YEG with United is exactly the flight I too have booked for April 20 after our 14-day Eclipse sailing. My elderly father will also be cruising with us and he lives near Toronto. It would make me really, really happy if we could get him luggage valet service knowing he is flying home alone afterward. It would be one less thing to worry about. If I am able to use the service, I will post something on the Celebrity forum once I return.

Pariciah... FLL-IAH-YEG with United is exactly the flight I too have booked for April 20 after our 14-day Eclipse sailing. My elderly father will also be cruising with us and he lives near Toronto. It would make me really, really happy if we could get him luggage valet service knowing he is flying home alone afterward. It would be one less thing to worry about. If I am able to use the service, I will post something on the Celebrity forum once I return.

Excellent, please do be sure to update - United is who we fly with also (who else, via Houston!) - if this service is in fact available to us I will make sure to campaign participants on the roll call!

• 2 months later...

On the embarkation end, we did do the new Celebrity Luggage Valet program where they pick up your luggage at home about a week before the cruise, and it is delivered directly to your cabin on board. It was wonderful and well worth the cost! We flew into Florida a week before the cruise and it was so nice to visit with just a carry on without having to drag all our cruise luggage around with us. No worries about your luggage not making it, Luggage Forward has been doing this for years, and they handle Seabourn Cruises and other cruise lines, so they have good experience.

I have not heard of this service but I very interested in it. Is the info available on the celb site? If not there where please.

thanks

John

Posted by SUSIE&TIM: We will be on the Reflection and were considering this because of an 11 am flight. It would keep us from carrying off our own luggage. We are flying American Airlines. Do you think 11 am is too early for the luggage valet? I will ask on our first day for sure.

Luggage Valet was offered on our recent Solstice cruise that ended in Seattle. The sign-up sheet (have a copy in front of me) specifies the flight must leave from 11:00 AM to 11:59 PM; however, this may be different at different airports. Info re Luggage Valet wasn't available on our cruise until about the third or fourth day. It was announced in Celebrity Today, but the concierge has the information as well. It worked well for us!

Betsy

On the embarkation end, we did do the new Celebrity Luggage Valet program where they pick up your luggage at home about a week before the cruise, and it is delivered directly to your cabin on board. It was wonderful and well worth the cost! We flew into Florida a week before the cruise and it was so nice to visit with just a carry on without having to drag all our cruise luggage around with us. No worries about your luggage not making it, Luggage Forward has been doing this for years, and they handle Seabourn Cruises and other cruise lines, so they have good experience.

I can't find info for this :( All I could find was the disembarkation luggage service. How do we get this service from our home?

For those who have said that Celebrity offers this service out of Vancouver: Do they offer it to only those flying within Canada or has it been offered to people flying to a US city? Also, do they offer it in San Diego? I love this service, but they didn't have it on my Equinox cruise a couple years ago. Thanks.

Edited by KruzPrincess

we use the luggage valet service whenever we can...LOVE IT!!!! :D

One cruise we paid for the service but it was cancelled due to "lack of participation." We we so bummed.

I can confirm that Delta is definitely offered out of Ft. Lauderdale.

What does Celebrity charge for this service? We fly first class and our bags are free. Would like tis service when we disembark so we just have a carry on to worry about.

• 1 year later...

Luggage Valet

Luggage Valet* is a convenient service that helps make your return travels as carefree as your cruise. On the final night of your cruise, you'll receive debarkation instructions, airline boarding passes, luggage tags and baggage claim checks. Simply place your tagged bags outside your stateroom door and we'll do the rest. Your luggage will be taken care of so the next time you see it will be at your final destination airport's baggage claim.

*Available in select departure ports only (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Seattle, Washington; San Diego, California; and Seward, Alaska) with select airlines only.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/singleColLanding.do?pagename=onboard_outstanding_service

Happy sailing,

Jenna

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just returned from a cruise on Silhouette. Used luggage valet from FLL to MYR. Easy as pie. And nowhere in the paperwork did they say there had to be a minimum number of participants (as in the past). Get the enrollment form from guest services. The deadline for enrolling was the Friday before end of cruise on Sunday. The day before disembarkation, they will leave an envelope in your stateroom or outside your door. The envelope contains everything you need to complete the process, but make sure they give you the two tags needed - one white, the other orange. Our envelope was missing the orange tags, and the customs dec. You need a customs dec. to get off the pier, just like you do when you disembark with luggage. Both tags have to go on your bags. Bags outside the door by 11 PM. Somewhere in the process, the white tag is replaced by the standard airline destination tag. Best $20 (p.p.) spent on cruise!

Just returned from a cruise on Silhouette. Used luggage valet from FLL to MYR. Easy as pie. And nowhere in the paperwork did they say there had to be a minimum number of participants (as in the past). Get the enrollment form from guest services. The deadline for enrolling was the Friday before end of cruise on Sunday. The day before disembarkation, they will leave an envelope in your stateroom or outside your door. The envelope contains everything you need to complete the process, but make sure they give you the two tags needed - one white, the other orange. Our envelope was missing the orange tags, and the customs dec. You need a customs dec. to get off the pier, just like you do when you disembark with luggage. Both tags have to go on your bags. Bags outside the door by 11 PM. Somewhere in the process, the white tag is replaced by the standard airline destination tag. Best $20 (p.p.) spent on cruise!

We ended up not getting the valet service :( We had 8 people signed up for it, but they said the minimum was 15, so we went back down to guest services the last day of the cruise and asked if it was being offered. They said not enough people signed up :( Not sure if you went with Southwest, that's the airline we had.