I just can't leave well enough alone!

Okay.

I was checking my cruise prices last night...and got a bit too frisky.

I keep secon guessing myself, and should really just leave it alone. Right now, I have the IOS booked for Springn Break next year. It is a special 8 day cruise...Eastern Itinerery. I was able to snag the much sought after corner aft D1 #1400. Woohoo.

But, I saw last night...for the almost exact same price, I can get the Allure 7 day Western Itinerary. Balcony....but not aft.

What do you think?

We have never sailed RCCL, only Disney. My daughter is really looking forward to the florider. I just want the ocean breeze and a book.

I too changed my cabin on my Liberty cruise yesterday. Just couldn't help myself. I'll probably switch three more times before we sail. :D

If I were in your situation, I would switch to Allure without question. Not that Indy is a bad ship, just there is far more to do on Allure. The only exception would be is that if someone else in my cruise party absolutely did not want to sail on such a big ship.

Spring Break will be a very busy time. Maybe look at some of the reviews on the Indy for this past spring break. I do remember reading some on the Freedom that complained about how crowded the ship was. Since they are both Freedom class ships, it could be similar. One word of caution...take the reviews in account with a careful thought. If I were basing whether or not I would ever cruise on a review, I might never cruise. Seems no matter how great a cruise is, some are never happy. :p

We've cruised on the Allure when it was packed to the max (Christmas cruise), and it never felt that way with the exception of when a show would let out or big event like Promenade Parades happened.

We truly enjoy the Oasis class ships. Our children are grown. When we cruised as a family, they were totally in awe of the ship.

Same price, one day less....I'd probably go with the Allure just for the ship.

Okay.

I keep secon guessing myself, and should really just leave it alone. Right now, I have the IOS booked for Springn Break next year. It is a special 8 day cruise...Eastern Itinerery. I was able to snag the much sought after corner aft D1 #1400. Woohoo.

But, I saw last night...for the almost exact same price, I can get the Allure 7 day Western Itinerary. Balcony....but not aft.

What do you think?

We have never sailed RCCL, only Disney. My daughter is really looking forward to the florider. I just want the ocean breeze and a book.

Been on both ships. I would definitely stay with IOS. You get an extra day, bigger cabin and I personally like the Eastern better than the Western.

Ok, I have never been on Indy or the Oasis class ship. I have never sailed as a parent (didn't get into cruising until DD left the nest). So your daughter likes the flowrider. Allure has 2. They also have a zip line, rock climbing wall, children's pool (H2O Zone??) sport pool, regular pool (2), full sized basketball court, volley ball court, mini golf, arcade, carousel, teen disco, ice skating rink, plus kids age appropriate areas. To be fair, Indy has several of those but not all.

As far as seeing the sea, it will be a bit harder on Allure depending on which way your balcony faces.

You didn't say how old your daughter is but I think she would have a blast on Allure. I think the Eastern itinerary is better than Western, but that is just me.

Okay.

What do you think?

I'd switch to the Allure, especially if it is the same price as IOS. It fits all your criteria, and is in a class all its own.

Your daughter may also like the zipline and carousel, which can only be found on Oasis and Allure. Instead of Mickey Mouse (I am assuming he is on Disney cruises), you'll have DreamWorks characters like Shrek, Puss In Boots, etc. She'll also have many (if not all) the amenities geared towards children and young adults on the IOS.

As far as itinerary, if you want the Eastern, check the prices of Oasis. The ship sails the Eastern route when the Allure sails the Western.

we would stay on the IOS , with the awesome cabin and extra day;)

oasis class will be around for years , so next time around you could try the bigger ship:)

its so hard to score certain cabins (like 1400) ,so stay and enjoy ,IMO

furthermore ,the special eastern itinerery is far superior to the allure western....again ,just my opinion:cool:

dave

We have cabin 1400 on IOS for a January cruise- it was 1/2 the price for the four of us as a sailing the same week on Allure!

So I'm wondering...what was your pp price for IOS...or did you find some bargain sailing on Allure?

I've never sailed RCCL before...but for the same price, I'd take Allure!

we would stay on the IOS , with the awesome cabin and extra day;)

oasis class will be around for years , so next time around you could try the bigger ship:)

its so hard to score certain cabins (like 1400) ,so stay and enjoy ,IMO

I agree with this poster. I had 1400 on the Liberty and enjoyed that cruise. I have never been on Oaisis or Allure, but for a first cruise Ios in the way to go. There is so much to do and 8 days will allow enough time to do everything!

Wow...I just priced out the IOS sailing...$1,439 pp for a D1 aft cabin!

Are your dates flexible? We're going in January and got $699 pp for the D1 aft cabin. Granted, this is a 6 night, not an 8 night...but it's 1/2 the price!

(That price is what swayed us from the Oasis/Allure.)

You are getting all kinds of opinions. I guess that is what happens when one ask:eek:

Anyway, where are you from? Doesnt the Indy sail from Europe?

I do want to sail Allure/Oasis.

You and I agree on something-water view and a good book. I am getting Kindle Fire for my bday on May 1st:D My 1st Kindle. Hope I like it!!!!

I'm in the same boat (ha, I just made a pun). Booked a larger ship and kept searching because.... well, that's what I like to do. And I just can't leave well enough alone either! ;)

I'll be interested to see what you do. We can't go wrong with whatever we choose, right?

Not flexible...spring break week. Expected to pay more.

Thanks for all the replies...now I am more confused then ever!

So far I am leaning towards staying with what I got.

I think you're right. 1400 is a great cabin, hard to get, and it will be a lot more space than you'd have on Allure. Also, Allure/Oasis will be around for awhile...try the smaller one and you can always do A/O down the line. I think that's what we're going to do!

How nice to have the INDY back doing the 8 night eastern...We have sailed this same itinerary with the exception of St Thomas instead of St Kitts....Has and always will be our favorite...I agree with those that think you should stick with INDY...:D

You are getting all kinds of opinions. I guess that is what happens when one ask:eek:

Anyway, where are you from? Doesnt the Indy sail from Europe?

I do want to sail Allure/Oasis.

You and I agree on something-water view and a good book. I am getting Kindle Fire for my bday on May 1st:D My 1st Kindle. Hope I like it!!!!

Indy is coming across the Pond this fall.:)

OP, I also vote for staying put. There's plenty for your daughter to do on Indy, and I greatly prefer the eastern itinerary as well, especially if Labadee is included (sometimes it is on the longer eastern itinerary).

Archived