Does Oceana's new Drink Package include drinks at the bar

skiladyldp

WOW!, now it's even a better deal. I don't understand why people think it's not a great deal, even if your a light drink person. Why worry about getting to the bar for a two for one, or a free drink at the "O" party or the drink of the day. Relax and enjoy the drink you want, when and where you want it. We're in a suite and get free bottles, but who cares- the drink package is great when your out and about on the ship.

Rick

I believe they are both gins are on the bar menu so yes they are included as is Jouet champagne although the Pommery champagne is not.

The scotch list is a bit odd in that any single malt not on the bar menu, even those of lesser value than the most expensive bar single malt, are not included. It was a bit of a head shaker when I could have the $25 single malt but not the $8 one under the drink plan :confused:

Thanks for the reply CaribeanSun. The drinks package for our Xmas cruise will be purchased today:)

Having been a loyal and frequent customer with O, for the last 4 years, we were fortunate to take our first Seabourn cruise last month.

A big difference was being able to drink what you want when you want, without ever considering he price ( not that we are skinfilints) but it was so much easier & less hassle.

However, just booked an Xmas cruise with Oceania....our first,since the drinks package became available. To have this flexibility, now with this package is a great option to have. We will definitely being taking it up.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread. Very informative and helpful !

When there is a happy hour the deal is Buy One get One Free (i.e, NOT half Price, but you get a second drink), and the Bars that are involved are Horizons, The Pool Bar and Martini's.

I'm usually dressing for dinner during the Happy Hours, but I believe that the hours are from 4PM to 6PM.

Happy Hour locations - only Horizons, The Pool Bar and Martini's? What about the area near the GDR - the Grand Bar? Thanks!

Happy Hour locations - only Horizons, The Pool Bar and Martini's? What about the area near the GDR - the Grand Bar? Thanks!

O the R-ships I do not think the the GDR bar is open until just before dinner

Not sure on the O class ships

The CURRENTS will have the location on Happy Hour listed

Edited by LHT28

When we were on Marina in Feb/Mar we had Happy Hour drinks in the Grand Bar and listed to the string quartet. A very pleasant time. Do watch the Currents, as OP said, since on occasion certain areas aren't availabe due to private events.

Getting back more to the original topic, is room service included in the prestige package? I.e., can we order drinks to be delivered to our room?

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/restaurants/beveragepackages.aspx

PRESTIGE SELECT $49.95

Wine, Beer & Spirits

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

This UNLIMITED package includes beer, a selection of wines by the glass, most top shelf spirits and cocktails, all of which may be ordered at any onboard venue as well as through room service* during regular operating hours.

*Available with meals only.

Edited by LHT28

I grant you that it is oddly phrased on the Web-Site, but the House Select Package is the one that is only available with meals; Prestige Select clients may order a cocktail at any time that Room Service has access to an open bar on the ship.

So does that mean you can just order a drink from the bar through room service??

Seems like a waste of the staff's time if they are running drinks for those that want them in their cabin

Maybe THE BOSS will have to rethink that option :D

So does that mean you can just order a drink from the bar through room service??

Seems like a waste of the staff's time if they are running drinks for those that want them in their cabin

Maybe THE BOSS will have to rethink that option :D

It's nice of you to be concerned about the staff's time, but why is it OK for the staff to fetch food to the cabins but not cocktails?

I must say that I don't follow your logic at all :rolleyes:

It's nice of you to be concerned about the staff's time, but why is it OK for the staff to fetch food to the cabins but not cocktails?

I must say that I don't follow your logic at all :rolleyes:

HMMMM

I wonder how many times people would order food during the day compared to cocktails ?

Would people only have one afternoon cocktail? One per hour ?

If people could order just drinks from the bar would that not be another way to share the beverage packages..order 1 then 15 min later order another for your cabinmate

I would be concerned that all this running for drinks would take staff away from other duties to those passengers that are not sitting in their cabins ordering drinks

may as well just include the mini bar in the packages

JMO

The description of the package certainly does not in my interpretation include drinks from the bars anytime, it seems pretty clear that is with meals but then again the website has been wrong before

I am sure THE BOSS has worked it all out

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

I grant you that it is oddly phrased on the Web-Site, but the House Select Package is the one that is only available with meals; Prestige Select clients may order a cocktail at any time that Room Service has access to an open bar on the ship.

o-bev-packs.jpg

Does breakfast count as a meal? I am not an alcoholic (they all say that don't they), but I do enjoy the occasional Mimosa at breakfast while on holiday. Is this possible to have in my cabin with breakfast either on a drinks package or not?

Why is there an asterisk for both plans if alcohol is available at any time with the prestige plan?

Isn't the asterisk is for *Available with meals only? I am not doubting that what the website says does not match what actually happens. A bit annoying though because people don't know what to expect.

Why is there an asterisk for both plans if alcohol is available at any time with the prestige plan?

Isn't the asterisk is for *Available with meals only? I am not doubting that what the website says does not match what actually happens. A bit annoying though because people don't know what to expect.

I am curious as to what actually happens also??

If you have the Prestige plan have you ordered just a drink from room service & got it delivered???

I know the story is you do but how is it in reality

FDR or anyone with personal experience want to comment

Edited by LHT28

FDR or anyone with personal experience want to comment

We took the Prestige Package on the Riviera maiden voyage, and that is exactly how it works.

I'm not sure why this is such a controversy, we've ordered cocktails via room service many, many times, both with and without the package.

It really isn't unusual.

waiter.jpg

We took the Prestige Package on the Riviera maiden voyage, and that is exactly how it works.

I'm not sure why this is such a controversy, we've ordered cocktails via room service many, many times, both with and without the package.

It really isn't unusual.

Not so much controversial as it is confusing. Their website clearly states that drinks ordered in the package are Available with meals only through room service.

PRESTIGE SELECT $49.95

Wine, Beer & Spirits

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

This UNLIMITED package includes beer, a selection of wines by the glass, most top shelf spirits and cocktails, all of which may be ordered at any onboard venue as well as through room service* during regular operating hours.

*Available with meals only.

They need to remove that asterisk if that is not what they intend.

You have experienced otherwise and have shared that experience - thanks. Had you not yet ordered drinks through room service without a meal I am sure you would believe the statement on their web site as well.

Or perhaps the website IS the rule and you experienced the exception OR on that sailing it was not enforced. Not unlike bringing liquor on board that is more liberal than the actual rule.

It is exactly this type personal experience you shared that we come to cruise critic to get. But it is hard to draw conclusions from conflicting information w/o more feedback as there could be several reasons why what you experienced does not match the policy rather than simply that the website is wrong. Maybe I spent some time in Missouri in a previous life.

Well, if what you say is true, it's not badly phrased; it's simply a typo. Surely they should get this fixed.

I agree

They need a better proof reader for the web pages

There are many typos ;)

The rules of the packages seem to be open to interpretation by passenger & staff alike

Some say both cabin mates need to buy the package & some say only one need to if they choose

confusing to say the least

Lyn

Edited by LHT28