Does Oceana's new Drink Package include drinks at the bar

skiladyldp

I am sure after your first drink at the meal they will remember you have the drink package;)

That is true. Once they see your card at the beginning of the meal, they will keep coming around to refill your glass and then just take your card at the end to ring it in. You do not get a receipt and there is nothing for you to sign.

• 3 weeks later...

We took note of this very useful thread when on our Riviera cruise on 23/08/12. It may be of use to those who are considering either drink package to know that the champagne (Perrier-Jouet) is now $20 plus gratuity, making a package even better value for lovers of champagne.

Best wishes

CM

Edited by cardiffmatch

Sweet! We leave next week on the Continental Connoisseur itinerary on Marina. I think the Prestige package is on tap - we like good wines by the glass, DH likes beer on occasion, and we love good ports, limoncello, and sparkling wines. No big fans of expensive cognac, so that's ok. Sounds like the higher price may be worth it.

You need to compare the liquor packages with the bring your own option. Oceania has a very liberal policy that allows you bring both liquor and wine on board. If you have a port a day cruise schedule then the packages make less sense. The wine by the glass features better wines than other ships but is limited and the whole bottle wine list markups are substantial but is still focused on low to mid-range that sell for $10-20 retail. Paying the corkage on your own wine is a better deal in most cases except for lower quality wines. If you are cruising ports in Spain, France and Italy, you can buy locally very good wines at reasonable prices that you would not generally see outside that country.:)

Hi

We're sailing on Regatta from Lisbon in Sept. I'm told that there are a number of good shops by the port and we intend to take a few bottles on board from there and when we dock in Funchal buy a couple more and just pay the corkage. We enjoy a bottle of wine with dinner.....and maybe an aperitif and possibly a digestif after. It seems as if paying corckage is the better option for us. They do allow us to take the bottle into dinner do they?

regards

Josie

Hi

They do allow us to take the bottle into dinner do they?

regards

Josie

Yes & there is no need to drink the whole bottle in one sitting (unless you want to of course) :D

They will store the opened bottle for you with your cabin number on it so you just need to ask for it at the next meal

Edited by LHT28

Well I guess I cant do my usual Louie XIII and coke, darn

Here is my question, If I am on a cruise say a long one like 56 day, which is a grand cruise, but available in 16 to 20 day segments, can I purchase the package for say the first segment, then wait a segment and do another.... ? I am assuming there will be account billing at the end of each segment Lima, NY and London....

I dont think I could drink steady for almost 60 days, (40 but not 60 !)

Well I guess I cant do my usual Louie XIII and coke, darn

Here is my question, If I am on a cruise say a long one like 56 day, which is a grand cruise, but available in 16 to 20 day segments, can I purchase the package for say the first segment, then wait a segment and do another.... ? I am assuming there will be account billing at the end of each segment Lima, NY and London....

I dont think I could drink steady for almost 60 days, (40 but not 60 !)

I would think if you booked it as a Grand Voyage it would be for the whole cruise or at least from the day you purchase the package

Since this is a new package deal you may want to confirm with the purser or someone in the know before you purchase it onboard

On B2B's the folio just carries over from cruise to cruise so not final payment until the last night of YOUR cruise

Lyn

With the present liquor policy, It will be vastly cheaper to pick up wines and liquor at various ports for use on our veranda Laying out $5400 for 2 in drinks is a bit over the top... thats a lot of drinking, like 33% of the cost of the cruise !!!

If you only have 2 drinks a day then the packages are not for you ...just use the pay as you go system ;)

I would not buy the package for me either as I have maybe 1-2 drinks a day that is on a good day ;)

Hi

We're sailing on Regatta from Lisbon in Sept. I'm told that there are a number of good shops by the port and we intend to take a few bottles on board from there and when we dock in Funchal buy a couple more and just pay the corkage. We enjoy a bottle of wine with dinner.....and maybe an aperitif and possibly a digestif after. It seems as if paying corckage is the better option for us. They do allow us to take the bottle into dinner do they?

regards

Josie

Josie....for a good selection of Portuguese wine there is a branch of Pingo Doce (Portugals equivalent of Waitrose or Booths). If you're there for a day or two beforehand try the supermarket in the basement of El Corte Ingles with direct access to Sao Sebastiao metro station, or there is a big Continente French style hypermarket at the Columbus shopping mall.....both with an extensive Portuguese & European wine selection :)

Josie....for a good selection of Portuguese wine there is a branch of Pingo Doce (Portugals equivalent of Waitrose or Booths). If you're there for a day or two beforehand try the supermarket in the basement of El Corte Ingles with direct access to Sao Sebastiao metro station' date=' or there is a big Continente French style hypermarket at the Columbus shopping mall.....both with an extensive Portuguese & European wine selection :)[/quote']

Meant to say the Pingo Doce is a short 5-10 minute walk from the Alcantara/Rocha terminal......too preoccupied with other threads at the mo' :p

Hi, I didn't see any reply to the question about happy hours. Are there such things available and if so how do they work ??

Peter ;)

When there is a happy hour the deal is Buy One get One Free (i.e, NOT half Price, but you get a second drink), and the Bars that are involved are Horizons, The Pool Bar and Martini's.

I'm usually dressing for dinner during the Happy Hours, but I believe that the hours are from 4PM to 6PM.

I believe they are both gins are on the bar menu so yes they are included as is Jouet champagne although the Pommery champagne is not.

The scotch list is a bit odd in that any single malt not on the bar menu, even those of lesser value than the most expensive bar single malt, are not included. It was a bit of a head shaker when I could have the $25 single malt but not the $8 one under the drink plan :confused:

Is Tanquary Ten and Hendricks included in the premium drinks package?

If they are then it is a 'no brainer' as far as value goes.

Also, is Champagne included?

What if two people each wanted one drink during happy hour? Perhaps a dumb question but I don't usually go to Happy Hours. However on our last cruise we did enjoy a cocktail on a couple of occasions. Captain's party - free drink, and then drink of the day on two other occasions. My DH loved the expressotini! Can you get two different drinks?

What if two people each wanted one drink during happy hour? Perhaps a dumb question but I don't usually go to Happy Hours. However on our last cruise we did enjoy a cocktail on a couple of occasions. Captain's party - free drink, and then drink of the day on two other occasions. My DH loved the expressotini! Can you get two different drinks?

They don't mind two people splitting the two cocktails, but the deal is "two for one", so it has to be the same drink twice.

I may be a light weight but can someone, anyone explain how a couple could drink $100.00 of liquior a day. Given time for sleep, morning hours and 6-8 hour excursions every day with no at sea days and maybe waiting until 10:00 in the moring to inbibe. If the drinks are expensive I guess possibly. How much does a wine or rail drink cost on Oceania? Please treat this as a serious question because I really want to know. Plus they seem to limit any better wines and more expensive drinks. Run the numbers for me. Thanks in advance???

It's not that hard; two martini's each and a bottle of wine and you're at or over $100 per couple for the day. We do it and do not drink during the day; this is just the cocktail hour and dinner.

Especially now that the price of a glass of Perrier-Jouet has gone from $15 to $20! That increase took effect in August.

Perrier-Jouet, what a great way to start off a dinner...but one glass of that and we're already 40% through the cost of the beverage package -- actually more because the $20 is before gratuity.