Does Oceana's new Drink Package include drinks at the bar

skiladyldp

• 1 month later...
Lyn - do you know if this package can be signed up for once you are on board? Does it have to be done the first day or can you wait a couple days?

I am pretty sure you can wait a day or 2 after embarkation

Give you time to check the bar prices then decide ;)

I opted for the whole top deal because we are on a 33 day cruise with some 21 sea days and much of it in a tropical climate and where liquor ashore is not an option and when it is it costs $$$$$$$$$$$ South Pacific

Too, waiting to power down all you can in a one hour period seems to restrictive... Id rather be on deck or my veranda watching the world go by than in some bar.:rolleyes:

It depends thus on how port intensive and length as well as climate... You tend to drink more sitting around the pool here in Hawaii...

Whereas in other areas like Europe its port port port port ( just a note on liquor /bar prices..last year we ordered 2 gin tonics in the Hotel Regina bar in Venice....$72)

Many factors to consider

HawaiianDan: did you at least get some peanuts served with the G&T's and keep the glasses??!!

This is Venice...you must jest.. we did get a 3" dia plate with some olives and nuts.... Oh, you could get a coke for $10:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Can anyone confirm:

1. If the House Selects package include everything on page 1 of the bar menu (e.g.: http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/wine-lists/Bar-Menu.pdf ), i.e., it includes champagne/sparkling as well as dessert and port wine?

It seems to be the case but I just want to make sure. Thanks!

Yes, the House Select Package does include everything that you ask about. The Major difference between the packages (as wines are concerned) is that the Select Package only covers service in a Restaurant, or in the Stateroom, DURING MEALTIMES.

Yes, the House Select Package does include everything that you ask about. The Major difference between the packages (as wines are concerned) is that the Select Package only covers service in a Restaurant, or in the Stateroom, DURING MEALTIMES.

Thanks for the confirmation!:)

When you say "Select Package only covers service in a Restaurant, or in the Stateroom, DURING MEALTIMES"--

is "during mealtimes" exactly that, or must you order food as well as the wine?

The wine or beer is intended to be an accompaniment to a meal, so ordering food would have to be a part of it.

My major points; however, were that the hours of service are restricted, and that bar, or lounge, service is specifically excluded.

The wine or beer is intended to be an accompaniment to a meal, so ordering food would have to be a part of it.

My major points; however, were that the hours of service are restricted, and that bar, or lounge, service is specifically excluded.

You are truly a fount of knowledge about all this, so I have further questions paralleling what I've learned with your help on a related thread. We have the prestige package, so we - in theory anyway, though this has yet to be proven - aren't under the "lunch/dinner" restriction. But to your point quoted above: what are, in fact, the "bar hours?" Does the presence of the lunch/dinner restriction mean that something like a mimosa or Bloody Mary or for that matter a glass of champagne aren't in fact available with breakfast? I can't believe the ship is dry until lunch, but with the package language being couched in terms of bar hours, and with "bar hours" being nowhere defined, it got me to wondering.

And I guess I'm over thinking all this, but I'm even wondering if even the prestige package truly covers wine by the glass at lunch or dinner in a dining venue -- the reason being that with the limitation of ordering from the "bar menu" to qualify for inclusion under the package, if one is in the MDR, or Polo, or wherever, they aren't "in the bar," and therefore why would the "bar menu" (a) even be there; and, (b) apply to a physical environment (a dining venue) that wasn't in fact "the bar?" If your health insurance covers in-patient services, but you go to the Emergency Room, you're "in the hospital" but not an "in-patient." Similarly, drinks are served in the MDR, but you're not "in the bar," so the beverage package wouldn't seem to provide "coverage." I wish the terms of the packages were spelled out more clearly instead of that awkward and confusing wording on the website.

This is what a career in insurance contract law will do to your head!

LOL, yes, you ARE severely over-thinking this whole thing, but I hope that the following information will set your mind a little more at ease:

1) Only the House Select Package is impacted by the mealtime restrictions. The Prestige Package is truly "run of the house" with only a few of the highest end items, think Louis XIII Cognac, excluded.

2) Proximity to one of the Public Room Bars means nothing, there are service bars throughout the ship, and Prestige Package patrons may be served from them 24/7, excepting when Port restrictions intervene.

3) References to the "Bar Menu" is just a more elegant way of saying "whatever we sell by the glass", but I do agree with you that it would be better if a menu of the wines which are being offered within the Packages were available in the various restaurants.

Usually, I will ask something along the lines of, "what are you pouring by the glass which would work well with the Trout that I just ordered", but it would be nice to do my own pairings, occasionally.

• 7 months later...

2) Proximity to one of the Public Room Bars means nothing, there are service bars throughout the ship, and Prestige Package patrons may be served from them 24/7, excepting when Port restrictions intervene.

Just want to verify this. I used the link provided by LHT28 to copy the bar list for Prestige Package passengers (pasting it below so that there is no question as to what is or is not on the menu). It says that room service can be used only when the bars are open. Are you saying that there are places on the ship where you can get a drink 24/7 (not that I need it:D)

PRESTIGE SELECT

$59.95 Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

Designed for guests who enjoy spirits and libations during dining hours and beyond, this UNLIMITED package offers a wide selection of Spirits, in addition to Beer, Champagne and Wine by the glass which may be ordered at any hour in all bars, lounges and dining venues including room service.* Beverage packages may be purchased during the online booking process or by calling Reservations at 800-531-5619.

Beverage packages may also be purchased onboard during your cruise.

SpiritsApertifs and Cordials

Dubonnet

Ricard

Campari Bitter

Pimm's No. 1 Cup

Noilly Prat Martini & Rossi Sweet & Dry Vermouth

Harvey's Bristol Cream

Tio Pepe

Ouzo

ArmagnacsSempe V.S.O.P. Cles Des Ducs V.S.O.P.

Brandies

Grappa

Pisco

Carlos I Metaxa 5 Star

Lepanto

Gran Duque d'Alba

Cognacs

Courvoisier V.S.

Hennessy V.S.

Courvoisier V.S.O.P.

Rêmy Martin V.S.O.P. Hennessy X.O.

Courvoisier X.O.

Rêmy Martin X.O.

Eau De Vies

Framboise

Poire William Aquavit

Gins

Beefeater

Tanqueray

Gilbey's Gordon's

Bombay Sapphire Boodles

Plymouth

No. Ten, Hendrick's

Rums

Bacardi (Light, Dark, Limon, Orange, 151)

Myer's Dark

Captain Morgan

Castillo Mount Gay Eclipse

Malibu Coconut

Ron Atlantico Dark Private Cask 80

Schnapps & Liqueurs

Peppermint

Peach

Amaretto di Saronno

Bailey's Irish Cream

Cointreau

Frangelico

Grand Marnier

Benedictine

B&B, Kahlúa Drambuie

Crème de Menthe

Midori

Tia Maria

Sambuca Romana

Goldschlager

Jagermeister

Limoncello

Extase X.O. Liquer

Tequilas

House Selection

El Tesoro Añejo El Tesoro Platinum

Gran Centenario

Whiskies - ScotchCutty Sark

Johnny Walker Red Label

J&B Rare

Dewar's White Label

Ballantine's

Dalwhinnie Classic 15 Year Old

Chivas Regal

Glenfiddich Pure Malt Dewar's 12

Haig & Haig

Johnny Walker Black Label

Highland Park 12 Year Old

Glenlivet 12 Year Old Malt

Macallan Select Oak

Macallan Whiskey Makers Edition

Whiskies - Irish

Old Bushmills

Jameson Old Black Bush

Tullamore Dew

Whiskies - Canadian

Canadian Club

Seagram's V.O. Seagram's Crown Royal

Tangle Ridge

Whiskies - American

Old Grand-Dad

Seagram's Seven Crown

Jack Daniel's

Knob Creek Wild Turkey

Maker's Mark

Booker's

Vodkas

Absolut (Original)

Absolut (Pear, Citron, Kurant, Mandarin, Peppar, Vanilla)

Absolut Level

Stolichnaya Smirnoff

Ketel One

Van Gogh (Chocolate, Espresso, Citron, Orange, Pineapple, Raspberry and Vanilla)

Grey Goose (Le Citron, L'Orange)

A sampling of cocktails is listed below. If your favorite cocktail is not listed, simply ask our bar staff.

Cocktails - Long Cool & Exotic

Singapore Sling

Yellow Bird

Rum Runner

Wine Spritzer

Bahama Mama

Mai Tai

Mandarin Blush

Calypso Cooler

A Day at the Beach Paradise Quencher

Long Island Iced Tea

Salty Dog

Harvey Wallbanger

Tequila Sunrise

Melon Ball

Alabama Slammer

Blue Lagoon

Peach Cobbler

Cocktails - All-Time Favorites

Sidecar

Tom Collins

Rob Roy

Old Fashioned

Whisky Sour

Vodka Sour

Stinger Manhattan

Kir Royal

Piña Colada

Champagne Cocktail

Daiquiri (Strawberry, Banana or Peach)

Margarita (Original, Strawberry, Raspberry or Peach)

Cocktails - CrÉmeBrandy Alexander

Golden Cadillac

Toasted Almond

Grasshopper

White Russian Pink Squirrel

Mudslide

Banshee

King Alphonse

Pink Lady

Martinis - The Classic Collection

The Original

Absolut Level Vodka, Dry Vermouth, Lemon Twist

The Classic

Tanqueray Gin, Dry Vermouth, Green Olive

The Dirty Martini

Beefeater Gin or Absolut Vodka, Noilly Prat Extra Dry, Dash of Olive Juice, Stuffed Olives

Perfect Manhattan Martini

Wild Turkey Bourbon, Sweet & Dry Vermouth, Served with a Lemon Twist

The Gibson

SKYY Vodka, Dash of Dry Vermouth, Served with Cocktail Onions The Ultimate Sapphire

Bombay Sapphire Gin, Noilly Prat Extra Dry, Stuffed Olives

The Goose-Tini

Grey Goose Vodka, Noilly Prat Extra Dry, Stuffed Olives

Hendrick's Martini

Hendrick's Gin, Dry Vermouth, Accompanied by a Slice of Cucumber

The Gimlet Martini

Stolichnaya Vodka or Beefeater Gin, Lime Juice and a Dash of Dry Vermouth

007 Martini

SKYY Vodka, Gordon's Gin, Splash of Sweet Vermouth, Lemon Twist

Martinis - The Temptation Collection

Espresso-Tini

Van Gogh Espresso, Espresso Cooled and Kahlua, Topped with Coffee Beans

The Chocolate Soother

Van Gogh Chocolate and Single Espresso Vodka, Crème de Cacao Dark, Dash of Heavy Cream, Swirled with Chocolate Syrup and Topped with Chocolate Shavings

Caramel Café Mocha-Tini

Van Gogh Single Espresso Vodka, Baileys, Dash of Heavy Cream, Swirled with Caramel Syrup Church Lady-Tini

Absolut Vanilla Vodka, Kahlua and Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur

The Nutty Martini

Frangelico, Amaretto, Baileys, Dash of Heavy Cream, Swirled with Caramel Syrup

Martinis - The Timeless Collection

The Cosmopolitan

Grey Goose Vodka, Cointreau, Cranberry Juice, Fresh Lime Juice

The Apple Martini

Van Gogh Wild Apple Vodka, Apple Schnapps, Splash of Ginger Ale, Slice of Green Apple

The Flirtini

Van Gogh Raspberry Vodka, Cointreau, Lime Juice, Cranberry and Pineapple Juice, Topped with Sparkling Wine

The Lemon Drop

Absolut Citron Vodka, Triple Sec and Lemonade Served with a Sugared Rim

Le French Martini

Grey Goose Vodka, Chambord, Dash of Pineapple Juice, Orange Twist The Peach Martini

SKYY Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Orange Juice, Garnished with Tiny Peach Slices

The Mojito Martini

Bacardi Rum, Mint Leaves, Dash of Simple Syrup Lime Juice and a Splash of Soda Water

The Breezetini

Absolut Kurant, Water Melon Liqueur and Cranberry Juice Served with Melon Balls

The Martini Limon

Bacardi Limon Rum, Triple Sec and Lemon Juice Served with a Lemon Twist

Monneypenny's Martini

Grey Goose Le Citron, Chambord and Cranberry Juice Served with a Lemon Twist

Martinis - The Big "O" Martini

The Big "O" Martini

Cosmopolitan chic or the essence of the tropics? The Big O Martini combines the best of both worlds: an ice-cold Grey Goose L'Orange martini infused with subtle hints of cranberry and lime.

Grey Goose Vodka L'Orange, Cointreau, Orange Juice,Cranberry Juice, Fresh Lime Juice

Specialty Coffees

French Kiss

Grand Marnier, Courvoisier, Hot Coffee and Fresh Cream

Café Ole

Spanish Brandy, Kahlúa, Hot Coffee and Fresh Cream

Café Oceania

Amaretto, Grand Marnier, Cognac, Hot Coffee, and Fresh Cream Aspen Coffee

Bailey's, Kahlúa, Frangelico, Hot Coffee, and Fresh Cream

Traditional Irish Coffee

Irish Whiskey, Hot Coffee, and Fresh Cream

Toscana

Grappa, Frangelico. Hot Coffee, and Fresh Cream

Champagne and Sparkling Wine (By the Glass)

House Selection Sparkling Wine

Ruffino Prosecco, DOC, Treviso, Veneto, Italy Montaudon Brut, Reims, France

Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut, North Coast, California

Wine (By the Glass)

White

La Terre Chardonnay, California

Danzante Pinot Grigio, Delle Venezie IGT, Venezie, Italy

Bex Riesling, Mosel Saar Ruwer, Germany

Hoffman Family Cellars Chardonnay, 401k, Sonoma, California

Nobilo Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand

Bodega Piedra Negra Pinot Gris, Uco Valley, Argentina Pine Ridge Vineyards Chenin Blanc-Viogner, California

Bodegas Fillaboa Albarino, Rias Baixas, Spain

Donnafugata Anthilla IGT, Sicily, Italy

Laboure-Roi Pouilly Fuisse, Vallon d'or, Burgundy, France

Silverado Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley, California

Blush & RosÉ

Robert Mondavi-Woodbridge White Zinfandel, California Domaine Francois Lurton Fumées Blanches Rose, France

Red

La Terre Cabernet Sauvignon, Spain

Diseño Malbec, Uco Valley, Mendoza, Argentina

Arboleda Carmenère, Colchagua Valley, Chile

Frescobaldi Remole Toscano, Tuscany, Italy

Francois Lurton Merlot Bordeaux, France

Spellbound Merlot by Michael Mondavi, Napa Valley, California Estancia Estates Pinot Noir Reserve, Monterey, California

Frescobaldi Castiliogni Sangiovese, Chianti, Tuscany, Italy

Spellbound Petite Sirah, Napa Valley, California

Tyler Florence by Michael Mondavi, Cabernet Sauvignon,

Napa Valley, California

Palacios Remondo La Montesa Rioja, Spain

Late-Harvest & Fortified Noble Wines

Domaine de la Bergerie Le Clos de la Girardière, France

Fonseca Late Bottled Vintage Port, Oporto, Portugal

Château du Juge, Sauternes, France Château la Varière Bonnezeaux, Loire Valley, France

Antinori Vin Santo del Chianti Classico DOC, Tuscany, Italy

Dow's Vintage Port, Oporto, Portugal

Beer (Bottles and Drafts)

Bottled

Budweiser

Coors Light

Bud Light

Miller Light

Amstel Light Corona

Becks

Heineken

Samuel Adams

Grolsch Swing Top

Specialty Beers (Red Ginger)

Tsingtao Chinese

Singha Thai Asahi Japanese

Sapporo Japanese

Non-Alcoholic

O'Doul's Buckler

*Room service during regular operating bar hours. All prices are per guest, per day, gratuity included. Beverages included in the House Select and Prestige Select packages are as of September 1, 2013. Availability of any specific beverage onboard may differ from what is shown above.

Thanks for posting the list of alcoholic beverages. The spirits list is great and the wine list is terrible. Most of the wines listed are in the $7-14 retail price and obviously cheaper to Oceania at wholesale and without taxes. If you want wine with dinner bring your own and pay the corkage.

This list is consistent with the free wines on Seabourn, Silversea and Regent which they label as fine.

The wine list matters.....and it is pitiful.

Beer not much better....two on there I could enjoy, but how many times have they said "not available?" Scotch list has more suitable alternatives if number 1 is out of stock.

We have an interest in three items and at $60/day, they are making this a tough decision.

Definitely agree about the wine! For us there are not enough choices since we drink only a few types of red wine. I had to laugh when we ended up drinking "Tyler Florence, by Michael Mondavi, Cabernet". Did not even know he had a wine -- only a television show:) We found ourselves drinking more mixed cocktails and martinis when we were on board. My DH was able to get Guinness last year but it is not available on the package anymore. We still prefer the package as signing for drinks is not something we want to do on vacation (nor is going to Happy Hour which my DH calls a "pig swill"*).

*Using Wikipedia's definition of pig swill: To drink greedily or grossly.

Edited by Travelcat2

The posted wine list is a sample only and may not reflect what one actually gets on their cruise. However, the overall quality of the wine list changes very little. It is still very poor for such a foodie ship, imo. However, we have been able to find a hand full of wines that were acceptable and stuck primarily to them along with the decent bubblies they have by the glass. The cognac and port makes the package for us. If they ran out of it, the package would be a poor choice.

Wow! I was previously referred to as a rabbit for choosing the drink package and now a "pig swill". I found the package a bargain with El Tosoro Platinum Margaritas and Hendicks gin martinis, and Aspen coffee in baristas. So much or being a plebian.

I do not know howmit works in US but here in Europe itbis quite normal for the better restaurants to sell bottle of wine for 40 euro that they buy or 10 euro.

This is where the money is made. S it does not suprise me at all that the wines on the list are between 7-14 dollars retail.

We bought the premium drinks package lastbyear and we buy it again on our next cruise in July.

I love theidea of not being unpleasant suprised with a huge bar bill on the last day of the cruise. They have a good champagne , nice cocktails, specialty coffees and i thought nice very good drinkable wines.

We just did a Crystal cruise and I thought there winelist was limited too but okay.