Does Oceana's new Drink Package include drinks at the bar

skiladyldp

We took the Prestige Package on the Riviera maiden voyage, and that is exactly how it works.

I'm not sure why this is such a controversy, we've ordered cocktails via room service many, many times, both with and without the package.

It really isn't unusual.

I guess we are just not the type to order room service for 1 drink :rolleyes:

Lyn

We haven't participated in the drink program but from what I have read the answer would be NO. If you can't have room service cocktails qualify for the daily package, I don't see how champagne at breakfast would.

Mura

We haven't participated in the drink program but from what I have read the answer would be NO. If you can't have room service cocktails qualify for the daily package, I don't see how champagne at breakfast would.

Mura

I thought champagne was wine, and it would be served with a meal...???

Sorry, but back to my question; Has anyone had a champagne breakfast in their stateroom? Thanks...

I am sure if you asked your butler it would be arranged maybe even in the Concierge cabins

The lower cabin cat you do not get a hot breakfast but if you like a mimosa with your cornflakes just ask ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the Mayan Mystique and we deinitely are goin to buy thepremium package, we can also use our onboard credit for this.

We like to have different wines with different courses at dinner and lunch add to that a glass of champagne and a cocktail in the bar and it will be good value I guess.

I guess we are just not the type to order room service for 1 drink :rolleyes:

Lyn

So order a cheese plate with that drink and put it in the 'fridge for a snack when you wake up during the middle of the night? ;)

What's the choice of wines for the lower cost drinks package? Does it include mixed drinks with meals or just wine? And finally we have only one day at sea. Is it possible to get the premium package for the one day and the standard for the rest?

Thanks,

Joe

What's the choice of wines for the lower cost drinks package? Does it include mixed drinks with meals or just wine? And finally we have only one day at sea. Is it possible to get the premium package for the one day and the standard for the rest?

Thanks,

Joe

The House Select package is beer or wine only, and only with meals (whether you take them in a restaurant , or in your cabin).

The Premium Package is basically whatever you want, at any time when any bar is open on the ship (ok there are a few top notch cognacs and champagnes excluded).

The Wine selection for both packages are those that are offered by the glass in the ship's bar's.

You may not flip back and forth between packages. It is possible to buy into a Beverage Package during the cruise, but you must purchase that package for the number of days remaining (debarkation day is not counted).

• 7 months later...

We will be taking our first Oceania Cruise in November 2013...Curious as to how strict the "per person" policy is. For instance if a passenger has purchased the unlimited drink package is there the ability to "treat/buy" another guest with a drink from their package?

We will be taking our first Oceania Cruise in November 2013...Curious as to how strict the "per person" policy is. For instance if a passenger has purchased the unlimited drink package is there the ability to "treat/buy" another guest with a drink from their package?

You can treat or buy another person a drink the cost will be added to your onboard account

The package is PP ...

Edited by LHT28

Thanks for responding LHT28! I guess I wondered how Oceania was able to police that...If a guest with the unlimited drink package were to obtain a drink how would they know who actually consumed it.

Thanks for responding LHT28! I guess I wondered how Oceania was able to police that...If a guest with the unlimited drink package were to obtain a drink how would they know who actually consumed it.

Oceania treats its guests as adult and expects appropriate behavior. You can bring on your own alcohol, but if you were drunk and obnoxious that privilege would be revoked. Oceania does not seem to attract the drunk, "party crowd" in my experience. It does seem to attract well educated, well traveled adults. I would assume most if not all would consider passing off a drink to someone who had not paid for it as theft. The question has been asked about sharing the package with your spouse. Again with per/person pricing this would be dishonest.

The crew have VERY good memories

Some will tell you drinks on O are reasonable, others like ourselves find them higher than at home with a mandatory 18% gratuity per drink. Bottles of wine start at $32-34, then add 18% on top of that. Glasses of wine are about $8 without gratuity. Beer is somewhere around $6.50 per glass...cheaper for draft....again add 18%. Not sure about cocktails but some where around $10. Happy hour prices are 2 for 1 from 5pm to 6pm in either Martinis or Horizon.

If your cruise is port-intensive and you don't imbibe in a pre-dinner appertif, share a bottle of wine with dinner, and a post-dinner digestive or Irish coffee, perhaps a drink package won't add up for you. If you like to have a couple of beers and share a bottle of wine at dinner plus a nightcap, it might.

We are so there. We like to eat early, and that is our MARTINI hour!

Awesome!! :D

At this moment in time, I'm thinking I will go either for the House Select package or none at all for myself. I expect to just drink a glass of wine or two with dinner with perhaps an occasional cocktail (this could change, but this is more than I'm drinking right now). No doubt my husband will opt for the Prestige Pckg, but with happy hour every day, perhaps he could do the House Select as well and rely on happy hour for cocktails.

We'll decide when we board I guess.

Question--when you first board, can you sign up for the Prestige package right away and then immediately proceed to the bar?

Question--when you first board, can you sign up for the Prestige package right away and then immediately proceed to the bar?

Yes, but even if you don't get the opportunity to do so (lines may be long at Reception on that first day), Oceania will give you the opportunity to backdate your participation in the plan, and get whatever you spent at the bar refunded.

:D

Yes, but even if you don't get the opportunity to do so (lines may be long at Reception on that first day), Oceania will give you the opportunity to backdate your participation in the plan, and get whatever you spent at the bar refunded.

:D

Oh, that's nice! I thought I had read elsewhere on this board that that wouldn't work, so glad to hear it does.