Does RCI Still Serve Escargot?

Oxo

On the Celebrity board many people are asking why Celebrity no longer has escargot on the every night menu as in the past. Celebrity is saying that they cannot find a source, quality or that the escargot are not available.

It has been months since we have been on RCI. Does RCI still have them on the menu at least once a cruise? Thanks.

On the Celebrity board many people are asking why Celebrity no longer has escargot on the every night menu as in the past. Celebrity is saying that they cannot find a source, quality or that the escargot are not available.

It has been months since we have been on RCI. Does RCI still have them on the menu at least once a cruise? Thanks.

I've been reading no, they do not. They have substituted the dish with mini scallops which people are not finding nearly as good.

Bummer...nothing better than buttery, garlicy escargot!

The shortage of supply of escargot extends to RCI and some other lines as well. Google the term "escargot shortage" or something similar and you will find much information on the problem which hopefully will be a short-term one. I am no fan of escargot, but my wife will miss them considerably so for her sake I hope that they can find a new source of supply.:)

We have friends who are currently on the Celebrity Silhouette who have report that escargot have been removed from the "always available" side of the menu but that they were able to place a standing order for them in the dining room and they are being served to them nightly.

The shortage of supply of escargot extends to RCI and some other lines as well. Google the term "escargot shortage" or something similar and you will find much information on the problem which hopefully will be a short-term one. I am no fan of escargot, but my wife will miss them considerably so for her sake I hope that they can find a new source of supply.:)

We have friends who are currently on the Celebrity Silhouette who have report that escargot have been removed from the "always available" side of the menu but that they were able to place a standing order for them in the dining room and they are being served to them nightly.

Personally, I think that it is wrong to not have them available on the menu when they can serve them nightly to others. Either you have them on the menu or you don't make special orders for a few. They could have them on the menu at least one night. JMHO!

Personally, I think that it is wrong to not have them available on the menu when they can serve them nightly to others. Either you have them on the menu or you don't make special orders for a few. They could have them on the menu at least one night. JMHO!

I tend to agree with you but perhaps they have such a reduced supply that they are limited as to how many guests can get them on any given night. However, I don't know for sure that they don't offer them to everyone on at least one night. That may still be a possibility.

I wounder if people will start to put escargot into rumrunners with garlic and butter! But how to get the MDR to cook them for you once you get them on board? Maybe it can be a perk if you're in a Junior Suite cabin or higher and or a Diamond Plus member!

Well.....we have an awful lot of brown garden snails in our backyard. They are the original french variety here in California. You have to feed them cornmeal for at least 3 days to purge them.

If the shortage continues....we may have a new career after retirement. :rolleyes::D Unfortunately, they sort of lose their attraction when you collect and cook them for yourself. :cool:

Well.....we have an awful lot of brown garden snails in our backyard. They are the original french variety here in California. You have to feed them cornmeal for at least 3 days to purge them.

If the shortage continues....we may have a new career after retirement. :rolleyes::D Unfortunately, they sort of lose their attraction when you collect and cook them for yourself. :cool:

:eek::eek::eek:

They are very good. They just taste better when someone adds all the butter and garlic and serves them to you.

In the 1800's someone brought over escargot (brown garden snails) to start an industry. Of course they escaped. :rolleyes: and now they are just a pest, but an edible one. ;)

Please notify Celebrity immediately as they cannot find a supply with quality snails. LOL

You are the SOURCE!

Well.....we have an awful lot of brown garden snails in our backyard. :rolleyes::D Unfortunately, they sort of lose their attraction when you collect and cook them for yourself. :cool:
Right there is your problem. You called them snails.

They are much tastier when called escargot!;)

On the Freedom last September they did.

Archived