Carnival PVP

Past several bookings I havn't seen any "pluses" to using the PVP over the Carnival website. I'd just use the website. It's easy. We do have a direct number to a specific Carnival PVP and she's pretty good. But still, she quotes nothing better than the website offers.

Past several bookings I havn't seen any "pluses" to using the PVP over the Carnival website. I'd just use the website. It's easy. We do have a direct number to a specific Carnival PVP and she's pretty good. But still, she quotes nothing better than the website offers.

True that a PVP has the same pricing but they have access to all the cabins available and not just the 10 in each catagory that comes up on the website. They also are able to help with any problems that may arise.

OP just call and ask to speak to a PVP. If it takes mutiple PVP's until you find one you are comfortable keep trying. Mine is wonderful and I have been using her for 8 years.

I just call Carnival, and talk to whoever answers. I used to have one guy call me, and he got upset when I told him that I just recently booked a cruise(not through him). He wanted my reason for not calling him. I told him I like to book as soon as I see the rate I want, and he does not work everyday to help me. Prices can fluctuate by the minute, so I'm not waiting around.

The last guy I booked with was another guy who wanted me to book with him all the time. He also wanted me to tell my co-workers about him.

You just have to ask. The first one I that I had ws a real jerk so I asked fro ANYONE else. The next one was better but still we just were not on the same thought page so third time was the charm. My current PVP is the best. Email's me when some good deals are about to be published and has kids a similar age as mine. When I booked our current cruise we were on the phone at least 30 minutes working down to the right cruise. Sometimes you have to go through a couple to find the one that you really connect with.

ChipQ http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

True that a PVP has the same pricing but they have access to all the cabins available and not just the 10 in each catagory that comes up on the website. They also are able to help with any problems that may arise.

True. My PvP got me a 4j even thought the website showed none as available.

• 4 years later...
I just call Carnival, and talk to whoever answers. I used to have one guy call me, and he got upset when I told him that I just recently booked a cruise(not through him). He wanted my reason for not calling him. I told him I like to book as soon as I see the rate I want, and he does not work everyday to help me. Prices can fluctuate by the minute, so I'm not waiting around.

The last guy I booked with was another guy who wanted me to book with him all the time. He also wanted me to tell my co-workers about him.

We had this same issue. We used a PVP for our first cruise and had no issues with him. Apparently they can see when you start looking for new cruises because he called no long after I got online to look at prices for our upcoming cruise. We discussed details but I told him I wasn't completely ready to put down a deposit but he put down a 48 hour hold on the room we were interested in. When the time came that I was ready, he wasn't available so I just called the main number and went through the first person who answered. A couple days later he called me and was basically very ugly about the fact that I booked through someone other than him. I explained the situation and his reply was "well, welcome aboard, have a nice day" and he hung up. Guess which PVP isn't getting anymore of our business....

My PVP is great at coordinating everything for me, from dealing with the Special Needs Dept to get an accessible room to finding just the right deal and location and dealing with price drops. He also keeps his eye out for me for a good deal on cruises that I might be interested in. Basically for me, it's "one stop shopping."

I used to have a PVP that called me incessantly. I finally booked a cruise with him, but had to cancel it and book a different date. He has not spoken to me since. I called Carnival and asked for a PVP and lady said she would send my information on an email and hopefully someone would pick up my information and call me. That was months ago...not one single peep. I do not really mind doing it all myself, but just annoyed at the situation.

I am sailing Vista in May, so life is good :)

If you aren't happy with yours, you can ask friends or family for recommendations. Wish we were allowed to share names on here, but we aren't.

And we trained our last two to please not call us when she sees us wondering around the CCL website we will call when ready to book.

We used a PVP to book a cruise with friends - seemed we knew as much if not more than he did. He saw the same cabins we saw, so either that was truly all that was left or he wasn't looking in the right spot. Anyway, our next cruise will be 4 cabins, so we will likely call in so we can get everything linked together from the get-go. The website will allow you to book 3 cabins at one time, but then we would have to do the 4th one separately. Maybe not a huge deal - we just want to be on the same deck.

We used a PVP to book a cruise with friends - seemed we knew as much if not more than he did. He saw the same cabins we saw, so either that was truly all that was left or he wasn't looking in the right spot. Anyway, our next cruise will be 4 cabins, so we will likely call in so we can get everything linked together from the get-go. The website will allow you to book 3 cabins at one time, but then we would have to do the 4th one separately. Maybe not a huge deal - we just want to be on the same deck.

I agree that some are better than others. I am very fortunate to have the one I do. He has been there since 1992 and is super.

I can understand why PVPs get upset when you don't book with them because they work on a commission/bonus structure. I've been in that sort of sales for 10 years so I get it. What is unfortunate is that they don't explain that to people so that we will make sure to stick with the same PVP. Apparently they can also buddy with a co-worker so that if they aren't there we have someone to talk to. When my PVP is out of the office her email auto reply gives me the name and email/number of someone else I can use if I need help before she returns.

*Of course if they aren't giving good service they can't expect us to go back to them.*

I let my PVP know upfront that I am in sales and understand her situation. If she doesn't hound me with emails and calls I'll let her know when I need something. We get along great!

I can understand why PVPs get upset when you don't book with them because they work on a commission/bonus structure. I've been in that sort of sales for 10 years so I get it. What is unfortunate is that they don't explain that to people so that we will make sure to stick with the same PVP. Apparently they can also buddy with a co-worker so that if they aren't there we have someone to talk to. When my PVP is out of the office her email auto reply gives me the name and email/number of someone else I can use if I need help before she returns.

*Of course if they aren't giving good service they can't expect us to go back to them.*

I let my PVP know upfront that I am in sales and understand her situation. If she doesn't hound me with emails and calls I'll let her know when I need something. We get along great!

Ditto.

You don't need a pvp.

You are correct, you don't. But a good PVP is worth their weight in gold. We have had the same guy for over 15 years. He cruises a lot and is very knowledgeable. He knows not to call me if he sees me perusing Carnival's website. He knows our preferences, so he'll email me and let me know of any deals or offers that might interest us. He's gone to bat for us many times, and even got fees waived when we changed our cruising plans following Kevin's accident, and when Patti retired. Yep, you don't have to have a PVP, but we wouldn't give ours up for the world! :)