Corey Schmidt: DEAD

MrPete

It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell you of the passing of our former colleague, Cruise Director and friend……….Corey Schmidt .

I know some here will not have met or sailed with Corey, but for those of us who have we will all remember his smile, his bravado, his brilliant personality and of course…………..his leather pants.

He was an entertainer, a Cruise Director, a favorite of many guests who truly loved his exotic bird show which was simply sensational .

He was everything a Cruise Director should be and those that knew him and called him “ friend” will , like me, miss him terribly

from john heald facebook page

Which ships was he CD on?

He brought out the Conquest. We sailed with him on the Conquest's first New Year's Eve cruise...December 2002.

So sad....

Which ships was he CD on?

I know he was on Conquest, but that's it.

And this does make me sad.... He was the CD when I sailed Conquest. Condolences to his family and friends.

Horrible news... He was our first cruise director on the Destiny in 1999 and on the Victory in 2000. His bird show was amazing. He was a bird trainer at Busch Gardens prior to being a cruise director. By far, one of the best ever. He will be missed!

Horrible news... He was our first cruise director on the Destiny in 1999 and on the Victory in 2000. His bird show was amazing. He was a bird trainer at Busch Gardens prior to being a cruise director. By far, one of the best ever. He will be missed!

Am wondering if he was at the Busch Gardens in Williamsburg in the early 90s? I worked there summers during college (like just about every other kid that lived near there) and the name sounds really familiar. I do remember there being a great bird show at that time.

Condolences to his his family.

He was our first CD back on the Conquest in 2003.....very nice and loads of fun...and those leather pants were really something!!!!

His act with the birds was very good.

Always wished he would have come back to Carnival.

corey.jpg.09e4bed6c3770f94df7b817bbb6d21a5.jpg

Very sad indeed. He the cruise director on my first cruise on the Carnival Victory in 2001.

Very sad news indeed. I also had him on the Victory in 2001 and have very fond memories of him. :(

Like others, my very first cruise was on a ship which Corey Schmidt was the cruise director. I read lots of posts on various threads, saying that the cruise director does not make a difference to the cruise experience. I am not here to debate that, but for me, a good first impression about cruising with CCL on the Conquest in 2003 was in no small part due to Corey Schmidt. For those of us who had the opportunity to sail with "The Bird Man"', he made a lasting positive impression. Corey, along with CD's who have been based in New Orleans over the years, are part of the reason I continue to cruise.

I am sorry to hear of his passing.

Edited by djacobson

I was also sadened to read this on John's FB page earlier. He was our CD on the Victory in Sept 2001. What a week that was, with such a small amount of passengers, but he helped make it a great cruise still. Very personable guy, and as alluded to upthread, my wife confirms he was pretty easy on the eyes LOL.

He posted on a thread here a couple years back (someone was wondering where he was) and at the time, he was working on the TV show The United States Of Tara. Looks like he held the assistant location manager position on several TV shows and movies lately. Here is his imdb page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4784492/

I was also sadened to read this on John's FB page earlier. He was our CD on the Victory in Sept 2001. What a week that was, with such a small amount of passengers, but he helped make it a great cruise still. Very personable guy, and as alluded to upthread, my wife confirms he was pretty easy on the eyes LOL.

He posted on a thread here a couple years back (someone was wondering where he was) and at the time, he was working on the TV show The United States Of Tara. Looks like he held the assistant location manager position on several TV shows and movies lately. Here is his imdb page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4784492/

Looks like he's been pretty busy so far this year. So I wouldn't think he had a terminal illness. I wonder what in the world happened to someone so young and successful. So very sad.

Rest in peace Corey...

Would it be possible for the mod to change the name of this thread? Seems like a little insensitive? I think something like "Death of CCL Cruise Director" might be more appropriate.

Just my $.02