Fee for Steakhouse?

barbatkins

On our Valor cruise in January I thought the Steak House service was horrible. 2 and 1/2 hours spent having dinner and most of it spent waiting on them to change out food is deplorable?. Now they want to charge more. No thanks. I will eat in the dining room just fine.

On Carnival Magic in March it was still $30. The steaks were great and so was the service. Worth ever penny and we left an extra twenny (for 3 people).

Was popular - 9pm was the earliest dining time we could get.

And??? The point is that the price just changed today....OP said/

We know it was $30 last March..it was $30 last week

The cruise the week before mine had a fun farewell...our cruise did not

things are changing...and that was the point of the OP

yet another example of the de-valuing of the Carnival experience by the bean counter Cahill. Take away the Porterhouse steak and increase the price by over 15%......Way to go Gerry, you are obviously not an an operations guy. I'll bet your approx. $4M yearly compensation package was not affected. Stop the bleeding.

Hate to hear about the price increase.

On my Dream sailing last September, I ate in the steakhouse twice.

Each time, it was a full house of people.

Both times the service and food was really good.

I can see a couple or group second thinking about doing the steakhouse.

Since the service was excellent each time, I leave something extra.

I do see this will cause a drop in business.

Do they honor the price if you have already reserved or will the price be the new price? On Royal they increased the price but honored the earlier price if reserved (although you paid when you made the reservation with them).

I think this is a deal breaker for us. We always eat at least one meal in the steakhouse. For 2 we would tip an extra $20, then the last few cruises, only $10 as service and food seemed to be less remarkable than before. Maybe it's because it has become familiar to us. But the last cupla times we ate there, we debated, "again - or not again". I do, however, think that it is still better than RCCL's Chops.

We just booked the Glory this week and will be on her two weeks from right now. I haven't sailed on Carnival in about 15 years and have never been on a ship with the steakhouse so that's something we're really looking forward to trying. Having read this thread now I'm wondering if it's worth our time or money. I will say that it seems hard to grasp that the price of a meal in Carnival's specialty restaurant is higher than the cost of a meal in Holland America's Pinnacle! (Which we really like.)

Where does it say its $35pp? We have reservations already, I just now went on the carnival website to make a mock reservation for the steakhouse and it still says up top that it's $30pp :confused:

Where does it say its $3I5pp? We have reservations already, I just now went on the carnival website to make a mock reservation for the steakhouse and it still says up top that it's $30pp :confused:

I was under "Manage Your Cruise".....I currently have 3 booked........and there was a place for Frequently Asked Questions at the bottom.......and then on the left I clicked on

"Steakhouse" and below is what I read....

The Steakhouse

With an elegant, but fun-filled, relaxed and somewhat casual atmosphere and a menu that includes steakhouse favorites, the Steakhouse is guaranteed to be a favorite dining spot. For a nominal fee of $35 USD per person, guests can take in the atmosphere and enjoy the amazing culinary creations of our chefs.

The fee includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and the wait staffs’ gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. The $35 USD fee also applies to children.

Where does it say its $35pp? We have reservations already, I just now went on the carnival website to make a mock reservation for the steakhouse and it still says up top that it's $30pp :confused:

Went to the Carnival website and one place it was $30 and another it showed $35. I suspect Carnival has not fully updated the website to reflect the new price increase.

Ouch

Yes it started cheaper. Also ...when it started the "fee" was clearly including tip...or in place of tip

I personally leave the tips on , and encourage others to do so..

but honestly I don't see the need to tip anyone any extra on Carnival

especially since they got their "raise" and are cutting back on things

As far as the steakhouse..I might do it again...but NO extra tip

period

and I hope others who brag about the tips they leave at the steakhouse will consider the extra $5 a tip

JMO of course

who got a raise and when?:confused:

Bill

As I was looking forward to my 1st CCL cruise, I was considering the steakhouse for my BF and I. I was a little apprehensive about spending $30/p but was leaning towards giving it a shot. My own personal comfort level is $20 - $25/p for a specialty restaurant max.

$35/p is just too high for my personal taste. What the f**k, is this Azamara?!

Would like to have seen a bigger menu too since we are not seafood eaters.

I have reservations for 7 in two weeks on the Freedom - made the reservations in March. I'm guessing it doesn't matter when the reservaations are made? I'll have to cough up $35 more for my party? There goes the extra tip!!! Oh well, I always get burned no matter what I do.

They say the tip is included and frankly I would take them up on that.

I think this increase should have been announced and current reservations should be honored or at least make it a change 3 or 6 months from now.

As for the question about "raise"...the tips increased from $10 a day to $1.50 per day

On the Carnival site, I did a search for 'steakhouse'. It said $35 per person.

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/steakhouse.aspx

They say the tip is included and frankly I would take them up on that.

I think this increase should have been announced and current reservations should be honored or at least make it a change 3 or 6 months from now.

As for the question about "raise"...the tips increased from $10 a day to $1.50 per day

I'm guessing you meant $11.50 and not $1.50.

So you assume because the rates went up $1.50pp per day that everybody got a raise?

Bill

Archived