Chairhogs

You look for an available, open chair! If there are NONE ANYWHERE, then you talk to the pool attendant...they will remove offending items.

We've never NOT been able to find seats....they may not be right up against the pool, but that's not our preferred spot, anyway...too crowded and noisy.

There are multiple decks with loungers....just look around...you'll find a seat!

I have found that pool attendants on some ships are more diligent than others in removing articles left by chair hogs. However, I also have never had a problem finding a lounger, it may not be in the exact location that I covet but I always find something.:)

Ignoring the chair hogs and finding another

chair only infuriates me . I gotta do something.

Aproaching the pool staff works for me

most of the time . I don' think confronting the hogs

myself by removing the items is my job .

The sea days are the most busy days around the pool. Last month my cruise had three sea days and except for the longes right at the pool, there were plenty of lounges to be had. I agree with the others that the LEAST desireable lounge chair is next to the pool. When you park thete, you have a constant parade of people going to/from the pool or the bar. You tend to get splashed occasionally and get the noise of the pool play. IMHO the best lounge location is the deck above the pool where you can see all the activity below and easily get back and forth to the pool as needed.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Never had a problem. There are often unused areas with plenty of chairs. For example, the Royal Caribbean voyager class ships have a nice covered section on "deck 13" at the front of the ship, and also deck 4 promenade usually has chairs. Often there is a deck above the Lido pool deck that will have chairs. The hardest place for me to find a chair is right near the pool. Often there won't have waiters in these areas, which for me is a plus -- not being asked every 10 or 15 minutes if I want a drink.

Wish the cruiselines would make sure the rules are enforced on this issue. Many of us parents want to be close enough to supervise our kids in the pool (I do prefer shade, but if my girl is in the pool...) so if people are hogging a chair in sight of the pool, they might return after the five hours they are gone to find some of us momma bears sitting in those deck chairs and their towels, paperback books, etc. under the chair or moved to a table. And yes, many of us parents want to supervise our kids.

Archived