Just off Liberty - unruly children a real problem!

i feel that's the lines employees issue. and i will get one if need be, but would not approach the child directly, EVER.

You act as if I am saying I'd physically hurt the kid....I see nothing wrong in telling a child that they are doing something stupid or dangerous. You can't and shouldn't rely on the cruise line employees to monitor everyhting...that would be nice, but it's unrealistic...especially on Carnival.

I could very nicely (if the situation warranted) tell a kid that for example ran into an elderly person to take it down a notch and be a little more careful...no harm in that, is there??? Or do you think this is still something that would piss you off? If the kid didn't listen I would then ask where his or her parent was...and go from there. If I couldn't find out where the parent was, seeking out crew would be the last resort.

I agree with the people here that think it takes a village....we all need to look out for each other.

One thing I will say is I have seen maybe one or two real 'devils' in all my cruises...and in those cases, the parents would have been absolutely NO help as they were obviously the real problem. I happen to enjoy the kids I see on a cruise....a prime example was the last one we were on (CCL Spirit) We had a large family at the table next to us in the mdr. They were easy to recognize out and about on the ship during the day....the kids were awesome. I actually almost teared up having witnessed the Dad buying the kids some candy on the ship and them hugging him and thanking him as if he handed them a million dollars.

It warmed my heart.....THAT is more the norm as far as what I have seen on ships.

You act as if I am saying I'd physically hurt the kid....I see nothing wrong in telling a child that they are doing something stupid or dangerous. You can't and shouldn't rely on the cruise line employees to monitor everyhting...that would be nice, but it's unrealistic...especially on Carnival.

I could very nicely (if the situation warranted) tell a kid that for example ran into an elderly person to take it down a notch and be a little more careful...no harm in that, is there??? Or do you think this is still something that would piss you off? If the kid didn't listen I would then ask where his or her parent was...and go from there. If I couldn't find out where the parent was, seeking out crew would be the last resort.

I agree with the people here that think it takes a village....we all need to look out for each other.

One thing I will say is I have seen maybe one or two real 'devils' in all my cruises...and in those cases, the parents would have been absolutely NO help as they were obviously the real problem. I happen to enjoy the kids I see on a cruise....a prime example was the last one we were on (CCL Spirit) We had a large family at the table next to us in the mdr. They were easy to recognize out and about on the ship during the day....the kids were awesome. I actually almost teared up having witnessed the Dad buying the kids some candy on the ship and them hugging him and thanking him as if he handed them a million dollars.

It warmed my heart.....THAT is more the norm as far as what I have seen on ships.

in all my cruises, i've never had a problem either.

there's nothing more precious than seeing and hearing the laughter of kids having a great time. they are truly God's gift from heaven.

I think his kid has taken over his computer.

I'm just waiting for the old "I know you are but what am I?" and "I'm rubber and you're glue" LOLOLOL.

Oh well, I tried reason, I tried asking nicely. I'm betting he's the kind of person the country song was written about:

"When you got my kind of stats

It’s hard to get a date

Let alone a real girlfriend

But I grow another foot and I lose a bunch of weight

Every time I login"

:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

Setting him and his alter ego to ignore!!

"When you got my kind of stats

It’s hard to get a date

Let alone a real girlfriend

But I grow another foot and I lose a bunch of weight

Every time I login"

:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

Setting him and his alter ego to ignore!!

Just checked out your photo when I went to ignore you. I didn't realize just how correct I was. So sorry, if I'd known how much you resemble the song, I wouldn't have posted it.

in all my cruises, i've never had a problem either.

there's nothing more precious than seeing and hearing the laughter of kids having a great time. they are truly God's gift from heaven.

That they are...even bigger gift is when they give you grandchildren :D

Not that I'd know about that....yet.

ugly retorts? examples please?

How about refering to police as "po po"? That one phrase shows exactly the quality and class of person you are.

Never have I encountered a person who refers to the police in this manner that isn't a trouble maker and low class.

That was my first one here. Now I am up to 7 or 8. It is great until someone quotes them. :p

I have never put anyone on ignore on all the forums I have been to until now... sad but I take the troll bait too often here and need to just relax and have fun. Life is way too short. I have 2 on ignore.

(there should be a thread on how many people are on your ignore list here. Probably would get deleted :p )

I just want to say hitting someone's kid is wrong. I understand at takes we may want to trip a kid or tap them in the head but it is wrong.

Trying talking to them but if they keep it up alert security. Do not out yourself in the position to get in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

Wow, if anyone had tried hitting my daughter when she was younger they would be picking themselves off the floor and I probably would not appreciate someone giving her a hard time either. I, however, would appriciate someone telling me if she was acting inappropriately and then I would deal with it.

Wow, if anyone had tried hitting my daughter when she was younger they would be picking themselves off the floor and I probably would not appreciate someone giving her a hard time either. I, however, would appriciate someone telling me if she was acting inappropriately and then I would deal with it.

If you are not around how would someone contact you?

Hi - we just got off the Liberty yesterday. I'm not doing an indepth review, so feel free to ask questions if you have any and I will be happy to answer if I know. I just wanted to relay a couple of things:

1) We scattered our mother's ashes on the first sea day. We were taken down to deck 1 at the aft of the ship. The environmental officer met us in the lobby next to guest services and his assistant along with two other crew members accompanied us down. They checked the wind and showed us where we could release the urn, then stepped away to give us the privacy to do so. Afterward, my father received a letter delivered to his room with the coordinates, though there was no identifying information on the letter with the exception of it being addressed to my brother, instead of my father. :eek: Oh well, they tried...

2) Children were a real problem on this cruise. Not the number of children, after all it is summer vacation so we expected many, many kids. No, the problem was that so many of them were left to their own devices to run amok on the ship. More than one plowed into us as they ran around apparently unsupervised, and one almost knocked over my 76 year old, grieving, father. I personally saw crew members (one was a photographer) attempt to stop the kids from running, but they kept right on going, simply ignoring the crew. I'm sure none of your children would ever behave thusly, but I'm here to tell you, someone's children are. :mad: People, please police your kids - or the rest of us will have to start. Ask my kids, you don't want to see me mad!!

Sympathies to you and your family.

perhaps during the summer season the cruise line could post the following sign for the unruly kids. - ( more so towards their parents )

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff427/canadiancruiser13/

By the way, H82seaugo (aka John Heald) has a facebook page where he delights on being a sh-t stirring troll. By the looks of his picture, he also look nowhere near the age of having little kids; being born in 1965, I would put his kids in their 20's. That sums it up... He's bored with little to do.

Oh... He's Carnival's Senior Cruise Director.

If you cruise the Med..as we did this year on Princess and as we did in 2008 on Carnival....you will find the majority of the pax that are travelling are with their kids...1..2..3..4...kids...very very common on Med cruises....

what is uncommon on Med cruises...be it CCL or PCL....is rudeness...chair hogging...drunks...excessive smokers...and a wild scene....

because the Med is all about history...culture and education....not discos...drinks of the day and alnight parties....

different crowd on the Med versus the carib...plain and simple....and a surefire way to avoid the problems of a carib cruise.

sadly though...even though we love the carib cruises.....sometimes they are too rowdy....

By the way, H82seaugo (aka John Heald) has a facebook page where he delights on being a sh-t stirring troll. By the looks of his picture, he also look nowhere near the age of having little kids; being born in 1965, I would put his kids in their 20's. That sums it up... He's bored with little to do.

Oh... He's Carnival's Senior Cruise Director.

you actually have no idea what you are talking about...especially if you think Heald doesn't have small kids.

Archived