Just off Liberty - unruly children a real problem!

are you serious??? children who pay full price fares to cruise on carnival are actually allowed to take advantage of all the cruise has to offer. this is crazy, doesn't carnival have a place where all the children can be locked away until after the cruise?

Kids aren't paying the fare..

Children were a real problem on this cruise. Not the number of children, after all it is summer vacation so we expected many, many kids. No, the problem was that so many of them were left to their own devices to run amok on the ship. More than one plowed into us as they ran around apparently unsupervised, and one almost knocked over my 76 year old, grieving, father. I personally saw crew members (one was a photographer) attempt to stop the kids from running, but they kept right on going, simply ignoring the crew. I'm sure none of your children would ever behave thusly, but I'm here to tell you, someone's children are. :mad: People, please police your kids - or the rest of us will have to start. Ask my kids, you don't want to see me mad!!

It never ceases to amaze me the way some people will act themselves or allow their children to act. Fortunately, these cases are in the minority ~ but, none the less annoying when you are subjected to them!

are you serious??? children who pay full price fares to cruise on carnival are actually allowed to take advantage of all the cruise has to offer. this is crazy, doesn't carnival have a place where all the children can be locked away until after the cruise?

Yep, I am serious. Why would you want all the kids locked away? You must be one of those anti-children types. (insert rolley eyes) The discussion is about kids running around the ship unsupervised, I stated carnival encourages this with their unsupervised scavenger hunt. My daugther did participate in this scavenger hunt the one day she went to the kids club.

speak to my kids, and i'll be speaking to you.

Funny.

When I was a kid, if an adult had to reprimand me for anything and my parents found out, they'd punish me even worse for embarassing them.

Somtimes, when an adult 'speaks' to a child, it's in the child's best interest..say for instance, they are running around the buffet area...or climbing on the rails...sliding down the stair rails.

You still going to 'speak to me' if I warn your kids to stop because they might get hurt??

Most kids will get into some mischief. A good child will respect the adult that tells them that what they are doing shouldn't be done.

Where are the mods and admins on this site? I belong to another forum and these two knuckleheads would have been banned about 20 posts ago.

I agree, I see you are new to these boards...If you get banned here you just create a new ID and almost anything can be said here..If you don't like what is being said there is a triangle in the top right corner that will report them...I've been using it quite a bit lately...Dennis

Where are the mods and admins on this site? I belong to another forum and these two knuckleheads would have been banned about 20 posts ago.

Then this board would be filled with stuffy, old, proper people. They make me laugh even if I don't agree with what they say.

Someone earlier on suggested just ignoring them. Hard to do when they spew such nonsense but it is probably the best solution.

We are not all knuckleheads here, and welcome to this forum! :)

One such solution is the great ignore list...Click on their name , then public profile , then their user list and then click on add to Ignore list...You will not see their post anymore....Dennis

What would they have been banned for? For having a different

opinion than the majority?

While I definately do not agree with most of their posts ( and fwiw,I'm

not sure they do) its a cruise critic forum.

Are you seriously advocating nudity on a family cruise? Did you bother to read this thread before you posted?? We are discussing the merits of children and parenting and you bring up running around with your bits and pieces flapping about..... oh my the nerve of some people. Can we please get the self proclaimed "po po man" to investigate this....

Can you not read? No one under the age of 18. It is a shame when children can be smarter than their parents.

Can you not read? No one under the age of 18. It is a shame when children can be smarter than their parents.

If every child was not as smart as his or her parents doesn't that mean that each generation would be dumber and dumber.....

Interesting thread. Now some might call me a child hates and some may not.

I have several nieces and nephews and play the role of the fun aunt so I cant hate kids too much.

Now I do want to say that not all kids are bad. That would be a stereotype. I do believe there are bad kids and they exist everywhere. There is no escaping them until parents become parents in those cases.

Now some kids will cause trouble and others may follow their lead when they see nothing is done. It is just how kids are.

Did John not mention something about kids on his blog and parents shoving them into camp carnival all day and night? Maybe some kids are calling out for attention?

Now if a kid runs into me I will say excuse me? I will not deal with kids jumping over my head in a pool. It is also against the rules. Parents need to teach their kids to follow the rules.

Just a few weeks ago I was in a store and as I waited on my friend a kid was playing on the carts and metal poles. I said calmly and nicely to the child he might not want to do that as he might get hurt. He looked at me as if I had 3 heads. I just shrugged my shoulders.

There is no easy answer because some kids will always cause trouble. They will break rules.

Just don't be a parent who is suddenly sitting in a court room going...but he/she was always a good kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

Many people assume that they are powerless to handle situations themselves for fear of a lawsuit. If a child runs into you, than it is an assault. Once you are assaulted, you can detain the child, and hand them over to security. No time in history was it ever permissable for a child to knock into another person and inflict injury. Even in our schools, a child can not touch another child in a way that inflicts injury. Such as plowing into them and knocking them down. If a child is that unrulely, than they need to be detained and handed over.

Carnival needs to take care of this. Because we know parents will not. Simple is that the child, and a parent goes under house arrest for a day. Do this and get enough publicity about it, and the situration will correct itself.

I had a parent tell me once I had no business telling them what to do. I looked straight at them, told them their kid was within 5 feet of dying. Not only that, they would have damaged my car in the process. Why, because the kid was during something illegal (driving an ATV on a road). They were also informed that if I saw the kid on the ATV, on the road, in the yard or anyplace without seeing an adult within 100 feet of where he was, they would be reported to child welfare. Never did see the ATV again.

Point is, until adults stand up, and stop being afraid, the situation will always continue.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I agree there can be unruly children anywhere. I also believe their are just as many unruly adults. I've had more problems with drunk or bitchy adults on cruises than any kids. Take for example the lady who bitched at my 5 year old for swimming in a pool and bumping her.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I agree there can be unruly children anywhere. I also believe their are just as many unruly adults. I've had more problems with drunk or bitchy adults on cruises than any kids. Take for example the lady who bitched at my 5 year old for swimming in a pool and bumping her.

And? I would not be happy being bumped into.

Seriously, I have to say that when you are in a swimming pool you have to expect you will get bumped, splashed and, "gasp" even wet. I don't have any issues with that. I am talking about running down hallways and knocking people over, screaming at the top of the lungs etc....

That would be like saying you went to the playground and were offended children were swinging or something. There is a place for playing. Pools are one of those places unless someone is doing something dangerous. Do they have adult only pools onboard? I don't know, I haven't cruised yet.

Archived