Just off Liberty - unruly children a real problem!

I think the statement in red is so true. I would want someone to tell me if my son was running around wild.

However, there will always be the parents who would not believe it was their child who was causing problems.

On the cruises I have taken with my son, he always has to tell me where he is going on the ship. Every once in a while I will go check to see if he is where he says and how he is behaving. I always think this is best because he never knows when mom is going to show up. If I catch him misbehaving, he is stuck with me the remainder of the cruise! I am not saying he is perfect.

First off, my condolences, OP. It must be very difficult to lose a parent then mourn for them with all these distractions.

Am I the only on who thinks that two posters here are 2andDsame? Very similar responses and both are from the same area from what I can remember about XX Earth - which was MD in a few posts quite some while back. I live in MD, but I am not them. If my kids are behaving badly, you can bet your ass you may say something to them. They typically behave very well and are respectful. Typically. The other day we were at the neighborhood pool. There were about 4 teen lifeguards who kept switching jobs every half hour. My friend and I joked that one was really strict and always on the whistle - none of the others were. When he took a break, he walked over to me and asked, "Ma'am, is this your daughter? I have had to tell her so many times to not run. Can you please say something to her?" I only thought he whistled at her once, I guess I was confused OOOPS! She is 4 and was with her 5 year old brother and 3 year old friend. To be fair, they were all running a whole 18" from the pool then jumping in - which is allowed?!?! I wouldn't let them jump, but they don't care.

I apologized and politely asked him to please say something to her, "Believe me, it will have a LOT more impact if you, a stranger, brings this to her attention." He said, "I can't do that! I don't want to scare her." My friend and I both looked at him, "Scare her" in unison LOL She really was not running (all 3 plus about 5 other little people were "quickly walking" in the same manner), but I said somethign to her about 3 times and was ready to leave with them all if she didn't stop. They were little kids and excited, totally normal, but still not safe. She straightened her butt up after he said something to her. He was so soft spoken and polite too. Such a nice young man. I think it embarrassed her to have someone speak to her. She ceased to run quickly after that ;) We were never more than 4 feet away from the little ones and they never once got out of hand. He felt they were though, he was in charge, so let him *gently* say something to my 4 year old.

My older ones are not as sensitive. Trip their little buts then yell at them afterward LOL They know better.

and i will teach my children to tell you where to go when you try to "speak" to my children about anything

And that 's why our society is rapidly flushing down the toilet and turning into one lacking class, respect and accountability. Too many parents trying to "empower" their brats. I am a police officer and see the results every day.

How about next time, you apologize to, and then thank the adult who is picking up your slack?

In response to the potonv of setting the bar on what is acceptable behavior from kids, uou may set you own bar, but ...

There is also a bar set by society that supercedes personal standards.

And that 's why our society is rapidly flushing down the toilet and turning into one lacking class, respect and accountability. Too many parents trying to "empower" their brats. I am a police officer and see the results every day.

How about next time, you apologize to, and then thank the adult who is picking up your slack?

since you claim to be a cop you should know better and stop enciting adult on children crime. you ought to be ashamed.

since you claim to be a cop you should know better and stop enciting adult on children crime. you ought to be ashamed.

What kind of perverted comment is that? How did you extract that from what the PP wrote?

Only in your distored world would it be a crime to discipline someone elses kids. If you cant be bothered, I guess we all have to do it for you.

Or are you the mom in Walmart beating the hell out of her kids because they spilled something? If that is your idea of discipline, then yes, I will leave that to you.

What kind of perverted comment is that? How did you extract that from what the PP wrote?

It's just pure ignorance and him having fun at the aggravation of others. Let's face it, either he doesn't know the definition of the word, "entice" or he doesn't understand that you cannot entice crime, as crime has no feelings or thoughts to act on.

It's best just to let him run in circles making an "air whirlpool" until he tires himself out and falls asleep.

You're being told to publish your sail dates because you 1) said that you let your children run on cruiseships; 2) let your children run in circles on an elevator; and 3) will "talk" to any person who dares "talk" to your child - implying that your "talk" will not be a pleasant one. No one is lumping your children into the "all kids are terrors" group except you with your own description of them. Sorry, but you brought this on yourself.

1 - let them? never said that.

2 - still missing the metaphor?

3 - my opinion is different than yours and some others. i am not worried about that. and i certainly have no problem discussing it.

you aseem convinced that the person running into your parent did so intentionally. i'm surprised he wasn't thrown in the brig. and will not cruise crnival again cause that terror cruises carnival exclusively.

Hi - we just got off the Liberty yesterday. I'm not doing an indepth review, so feel free to ask questions if you have any and I will be happy to answer if I know. I just wanted to relay a couple of things:

1) We scattered our mother's ashes on the first sea day. We were taken down to deck 1 at the aft of the ship. The environmental officer met us in the lobby next to guest services and his assistant along with two other crew members accompanied us down. They checked the wind and showed us where we could release the urn, then stepped away to give us the privacy to do so. Afterward, my father received a letter delivered to his room with the coordinates, though there was no identifying information on the letter with the exception of it being addressed to my brother, instead of my father. :eek: Oh well, they tried...

2) Children were a real problem on this cruise. Not the number of children, after all it is summer vacation so we expected many, many kids. No, the problem was that so many of them were left to their own devices to run amok on the ship. More than one plowed into us as they ran around apparently unsupervised, and one almost knocked over my 76 year old, grieving, father. I personally saw crew members (one was a photographer) attempt to stop the kids from running, but they kept right on going, simply ignoring the crew. I'm sure none of your children would ever behave thusly, but I'm here to tell you, someone's children are. :mad: People, please police your kids - or the rest of us will have to start. Ask my kids, you don't want to see me mad!!

First sorry for your lose...

Could you tell me how you went about setting up the release of the ashes, as i would like to do the same with my fathers.

Seconds, regarding the kids issue. Had the same experience on the Freedom a two weeks ago. Like you i realize its school vacation but the kids were nuts in the pools and basically controled the jacuzzi's at mid ship. My main grip was the constant jumping into the pools over people's heads and nothing being said by crew or parents. One day i finally had it after i was splashed for the third time buy a kid doing summer salts into the pool

under the slide. I felt bad after blowing up on him but no one was saying anything. Now before i get ripped apart i also have kids but my wife and i hold them accountable and would allow them to be out of control In the pools or anywhere else on ship.

We have got to stop responding to the two pot-stirring trolls. This is getting ridiculous. I doubt the two of them have even been on a cruise, let alone out of their mom's basement for the last 5 years.

Obviously most of us know how to parent and how to correctly correct other children's behavior. I hope I am cruising with all of you!

First sorry for your lose...

Could you tell me how you went about setting up the release of the ashes, as i would like to do the same with my fathers.

Seconds, regarding the kids issue. Had the same experience on the Freedom a two weeks ago. Like you i realize its school vacation but the kids were nuts in the pools and basically controled the jacuzzi's at mid ship. My main grip was the constant jumping into the pools over people's heads and nothing being said by crew or parents. One day i finally had it after i was splashed for the third time buy a kid doing summer salts into the pool

under the slide. I felt bad after blowing up on him but no one was saying anything. Now before i get ripped apart i also have kids but my wife and i hold them accountable and would allow them to be out of control In the pools or anywhere else on ship.

splashing? around a pool?

wonder what would be said to curb this on board crime.

You are everything that is wrong with our modern society. No wonder we have such a messed up society where no one takes responsibility for their actions. I weep for the future!

We have got to stop responding to the two pot-stirring trolls. This is getting ridiculous. I doubt the two of them have even been on a cruise, let alone out of their mom's basement for the last 5 years.

Obviously most of us know how to parent and how to correctly correct other children's behavior. I hope I am cruising with all of you!

Ruxie, you're a gem & I'd cruise with you and your kids anytime. This is actually one pot stirring troll who my Ukranian grandfather would have called Nyet Kolturny, or as Simon & Garfunkel said, "The man ain't got no culture. He brought his petty feud with JH to a thread where the OP lost his 17 year old son 2 weeks before their scheduled cruise and came here looking for help. Kudos for Michelle from CCL, who offered to help.

No wonder John uses him in his blog. He provides an endless supply of idiocy that John can use.

How dare children go to the pools and splash. I mean whenever I go swimming if anyone dares get me wet I lose my mind.... Hey come to think of it lets get the self proclaimed "police man" involved in this... LOL

How dare children go to the pools and splash. I mean whenever I go swimming if anyone dares get me wet I lose my mind.... Hey come to think of it lets get the self proclaimed "police man" involved in this... LOL

A done deal I think. ( see red)

Hmmm. Some on here should consider the Naked Cruise. No one under 18. LOL. Defend all you want, but there IS a difference between normal kid behavior and brats. Period.

Are you seriously advocating nudity on a family cruise? Did you bother to read this thread before you posted?? We are discussing the merits of children and parenting and you bring up running around with your bits and pieces flapping about..... oh my the nerve of some people. Can we please get the self proclaimed "po po man" to investigate this....

Are you seriously advocating nudity on a family cruise? Did you bother to read this thread before you posted?? We are discussing the merits of children and parenting and you bring up running around with your bits and pieces flapping about..... oh my the nerve of some people. Can we please get the self proclaimed "po po man" to investigate this....

meanwhile, those poor kids seem to be the only class no one stands up to defend. these bullies wouldn't be so vocal telling other adults what to do; just kids.

meanwhile, those poor kids seem to be the only class no one stands up to defend. these bullies wouldn't be so vocal telling other adults what to do; just kids.

I am i complete agreement with you. Anyone that comes on here and bashes these children and attempts to bully them because of their age, size, or in some cases even profession (yes you mr. po po) is no friend of mine.

Sorry to hear of your family's loss....

as for the kids, this is why we do not cruise when school is out.

I have raised my 2 boys (now 24 and 21) and I am not about to spend my vacation babysitting someone else's.

Perhaps some of the ship photographers who are not busy at the time could snap some photos of the misbehaving kids and have a wall of shame at the photo gallery!

You may have found a solution! Hopefully TPTB will act on your suggestion. :)

Just to throw in my $0.02 since I just returned from the Carnival Sensation. The kids club had an "unsupervised scavenger hunt" at least twice, if not everyday. In this, kids 9 and up who have sign-out permissions run around the ship on this scavenger hunt. So... In my opinion, Carnival encourages the kids to run about the ship.

Just to throw in my $0.02 since I just returned from the Carnival Sensation. The kids club had an "unsupervised scavenger hunt" at least twice, if not everyday. In this, kids 9 and up who have sign-out permissions run around the ship on this scavenger hunt. So... In my opinion, Carnival encourages the kids to run about the ship.

are you serious??? children who pay full price fares to cruise on carnival are actually allowed to take advantage of all the cruise has to offer. this is crazy, doesn't carnival have a place where all the children can be locked away until after the cruise?

I am i complete agreement with you. Anyone that comes on here and bashes these children and attempts to bully them because of their age, size, or in some cases even profession (yes you mr. po po) is no friend of mine.

I (to use your term) "bash" the irresponsible parents that let their children run amok.....not the children. If they're not taught any differently about how to behave in public, I hold the parents responsible.

Who are you and where did you come from? You just joined this board last month and this is what you have to add to the forum? Really, I think we could have done without....

Then I hope you know where your kids are at all times. These running kids are doing more then just RUNNING. If they run into another a guest and knock them over and the guest gets injured I am sure those running kids are going to stop and aid that passenger. Heck no they won't. They are to busy out there causung chaos for other guests.

If you don't want your kids policed by others then do it yourself for heaven sake. Then maybe everyone can enjoy their cruise without the risk of being harmed.

Wow, do you have children? I would not be against an adult telling my kids they should stop running. I would be against them scolding or raising their voice in any way. That is what I meant, my kids are grown now. They neer knocked anyone down by running around having a good time (like kids do):rolleyes:

Archived