Dessert Lover

sjmbruce

So I know I will most definitely be gaining 10 pounds on my upcoming 10 day cruise. A pound a day! :D

I have been looking at MDR menus & have seen a picture of buffet desserts and I think I'd enjoy the main courses that the MDR offers but would definitely prefer the desserts in the buffet.

Can I eat dinner in the MDR (Anytime Dining) and then go to the buffet for dessert?

Thanks for your help!

So I know I will most definitely be gaining 10 pounds on my upcoming 10 day cruise. A pound a day! :D

I have been looking at MDR menus & have seen a picture of buffet desserts and I think I'd enjoy the main courses that the MDR offers but would definitely prefer the desserts in the buffet.

Can I eat dinner in the MDR (Anytime Dining) and then go to the buffet for dessert?

Thanks for your help!

Well you can eat wherever you want, whenever you want and as much as you would like. You can have dessert in the MDR, then visit the buffet for more dessert, and even visit the International Cafe for more dessert 24 hours a day. So enjoy, but make sure to work off the pounds also!!

Some days during the cruise, the MDR will open at 2ish for afternoon tea. They serve up tea and scones, but we all know the real reason is just the trays of desserts. I skip the scones!

(Well, I did tea one day on my cruise and then took pictures of the trays of sweets arrayed at the front one other day. I honest think this is too much dessert -- for me.)

Some days during the cruise, the MDR will open at 2ish for afternoon tea. They serve up tea and scones, but we all know the real reason is just the trays of desserts. I skip the scones!

Have they stopped serving Afternoon Tea every day (other than turnaround days)? Somebody please say it isn't so!

And has it been moved from its normal hour of 3:30 to 4:30?

Have they stopped serving Afternoon Tea every day (other than turnaround days)? Somebody please say it isn't so!

And has it been moved from its normal hour of 3:30 to 4:30?

It is still every day but embarkation day.

Still at 3:30 PM

Thanks for your help!

The Main Dining Room offers some good desserts also. Try the Volcano. It a huge banana split listed only on the kids menu or ask your wait staff for it. It’s big enough for two. Also try the Princess Love Boat Dream.

I am convinced that the MDR desserts are far superior to the buffet desserts. The buffet desserts look much better than they taste IMHO.

Go to the MDR and order two ..... you can, you know.

And the souffles in the MDR are NOT to be missed.

I couldn't agree more. I'm always disappointed in the desserts I get in Horizon Court and the IC, they do look much better than they taste. I don't even try them anymore.

Oh, but the cookies... Yum!

I am convinced that the MDR desserts are far superior to the buffet desserts. The buffet desserts look much better than they taste IMHO.

Go to the MDR and order two ..... you can, you know.

And the souffles in the MDR are NOT to be missed.

I agree. I usually love the desserts I get at dinner, especially the souffles! The ones at the buffet always look so good but never taste as good to me.

To answer the initial question though, you can eat dessert wherever you please, even multiple desserts if you wish. :)

I agree that the buffet desserts usually look better than they taste. The International Cafe, on the other hand, has desserts that taste as good as they look. I try to limit myself to one dessert a day and order fruit for dessert at the other meal.

In the past, after trying the desserts on the cruise ships, I have learned that they look far better than they taste. If I eat a dessert, it better be worth the calories. Now I occasionally eat the cookies, but only the really good ones:). The AM pastries are not any good either. I definitely have a sweet tooth, but I have learned to be really discriminating. Now, about the desserts in the specialty restaurants, they tend to be a better choice, if you can fit it in!

The AM pastries are not any good either. I definitely have a sweet tooth, but I have learned to be really discriminating. Now, about the desserts in the specialty restaurants, they tend to be a better choice, if you can fit it in!

Agreeing that the AM pastries are nothing special and not worth the calories, well unless you order room service and get croissants and marmalade. I had a wonderful dessert at one of the specialty restaurants (Sterlings I think) that was a sample of 4 tiny little items. Now that was worth splurging.

The scones and cream at afternoon tea are quite good.

Thank you all for your answers and dessert suggestions! Now I know to bring some loose clothing for the plane ride home :)

August this year on the Island Princess

Thanks for the pictures! I will be on the Island later this year.

Archived