Updates from Enchantment?

alfaeric

There are at least 3 threads about the Explorer, and how it made it around the storm in a less than comfortable manner.

But any updated news from the Enchantment? On the MarineTraffic website, she was last hiding in the Chesapeake Bay, but that info was 8 hours ago. Wondering if anyone has gotten any info from people on board. They are close to phone range where she was last at.

At least there, the barrier islands are keeping the waves down, but I'm sure she's moving a lot in the winds.

ain't that the truth.. Half of the Naval base hangs out in Hampton Roads during major storms. safest place for a ship actually.

The port is not the safest place for a ship during a storm. Ships are taken out to sea if the storm is big/strong enough. Ships are safer away from the pier where they can get banged up pretty good. DH is a ret Navy Captain (surface warfare).

The Navy usually takes their ships out off the coast away from the storm, but ships also have weathered hurricanes in the bay. Cruise ships have also anchored in the bay to ride out storms.

There might not be any passengers on it. Coast guard closed the port and the two ships out of Baltimore are anchored in the bay.

Empty ship, eh? I imagine they must keep at least a skeleton crew, which could make it kind of fun to be on!

I'll bet Enchantment went out to sea this morning in order to keep from being trapped in the Chesapeake Bay.

If they made a run out this morning they could stay out of the storm and come back in after the storm passes up into PA.

Friend onboard called yesterday. reported 950 took offer to leave ship and about 1200 still onboard. they were anchored if I remember correctly in Cape Charles on the river.He said they went out into the ocean and turned around.

Have a friend with her family that were on yesterdays Pride...they all were on board, actually having drinks and getting ready to sail rough seas when the Coast Guard told everyone they needed to exit the ship as it would not clear the Key Bridge. Don't know any more than that. Glad the EOS is safe. I really enjoy her and will have my grandaughter w/me for another holiday sailing. Everyone in Sandy's path has my prayers.

The Pride has a 2-night cruise to nowhere from Baltimore scheduled for Friday (November 2) for $99 per person. I immediately checked for the same deal (any ship, any cruise line) out of Florida, but no luck :(

That's one way to make up lost revenue for the cancelled cruise. I just told DH if it wasn't for the fact we're on EX on Sunday, I'd do that in heartbeat.

Where is this information? I would do it in a HEARTBEAT~

The Pride has a 2-night cruise to nowhere from Baltimore scheduled for Friday (November 2) for $99 per person. I immediately checked for the same deal (any ship, any cruise line) out of Florida, but no luck :(

I see EOTS at anchor off the western side of the Virginia Eastern Shore North of Cape Charles.

I see Carnival Pride heading south in mid Chesapeake making less than a knot.

EN has been anchored in that same spot since they left Baltimore. I keep thinking they'll pull out to sea for a day or so before they have to return. I think they're due back on Thurs.

Archived