"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Nov 4, 2012

Radio

Thanks for the very nice comments. . . I brought several cameras with me for this Cruise. . .but most are from a Sony DSC-H10 with a vey wide angle lens.

The other that I just bought about 2 weeks ago is GoPro HD Hero3 Black. . .

I am still experimenting with the GoPro HD. . . Thanks again for tuning in !

Radio

;);)

Love your pictures, I also love cameras, had a Nikon D3 for some years, just traded it in for the new D800, when you talked about the GoPro HD Hero 3 Black I looked it up, took me all day Sat to fine one here in Houston, but I now have it, you owe me about $600 for making me buy it, I leave tomorrow (Tue) for Venice to due a B2B on the Splendour from Venice to Sao Paulo (22days), should have some good movies with the Hero 3,

Radio, thank you for a wonderful tour. I sailed Freedom last Dec with my 5 grandkids; seeing all the pools, flowrider, rock wall, brought back memories of our cruise. Did you mention who your cruise director was?

I was wondering how far the Space Center was from Cocoa Beach? How long did you stay there? Would I still be able to see the shuttle January 5th if I visited the day before our Freedom cruise?

My Cruise Map of Port Canaveral will give you a good perspective on some of the major attractions in the area.

Theron

Love your pictures, I also love cameras, had a Nikon D3 for some years, just traded it in for the new D800, when you talked about the GoPro HD Hero 3 Black I looked it up, took me all day Sat to fine one here in Houston, but I now have it, you owe me about $600 for making me buy it, I leave tomorrow (Tue) for Venice to due a B2B on the Splendour from Venice to Sao Paulo (22days), should have some good movies with the Hero 3,

Wow, have a great Cruise. . .You will love GoPro. . .I am still learning it.

I mentioned HD GoPro Hero3 Black, but I bought the White version.

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Before your review disappears into the depths of Cruise Critic I wanted to voice one last thank you for taking me away from cold dreary Seattle. I will be on Jewel this coming March for 5 days then on Allure the end of May for my first in person experiences in the Caribbean. Your live report helped get me closer. :)

Thanks

Bill

Hi Radio,

I have a lot to catch up on.

Missed your great reports this time.

I'm sure it will be great reading, you always do

such a great job on the posts and pictures.

We will be on Freedom in just a few weeks from now.

Can't wait to see all your photos and can't wait to

cruise. Thanks Radio!! :)

Radio, I just want to add my thanks for your review and pictures. DH and I are trying to decide what ship to go on in April for our 25th Anniversary and FOS is on our short list. Your pictures have been awesome. Looking forward to more pics and other info that you are going to post, especially the menus ;)

another great "LIVE" report...what a great boat, is she voyager class or a "class" of her own? So how do you like the Go Pro White..i have asked santa for one...i know the video is supposed to be second to none...how is the actual photo's???....Thanks and a have a great holiday!

another great "LIVE" report...what a great boat, is she voyager class or a "class" of her own? So how do you like the Go Pro White..i have asked santa for one...i know the video is supposed to be second to none...how is the actual photo's???....Thanks and a have a great holiday!

Thanks for the nice comments. . . Freedom of the Seas was the first "Freedom" Class Ship. . .The others were Liberty of the Seas, and Independence of the Seas.

I am still procaticing with my GoPro HD Hero 3 White. .. but so far I like it, and am looking forward to using again when I sail on Enchantment for a 9 night sailing in January.

Here are afew pics from Freedom of the Seas using GoPro. . .

Radio

Returning from Coco Cay as I view Freedom of the Seas from the Tender

C3.JPG

A sunny day view from the decks of Freedom of the Seas

C7.JPG

Starboard side Balcony view from Deck 7

C4.JPG

A view of the H2o Zone and Viking Crown Lounge from Deck 12

C8.JPG

Freedom of the Seas pool decks from Deck 12

C6.JPG

Your Intredid Reporter snaps a view of a few of us (cruiselover58, MedicKen, and Radio) from Deck 7 Port side.

C1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Radio. I can't thank you enough for taking time out of your vacation to set up your gps and laptop and camera and provide outstanding pictures and commentary. U should be writing a travel blog or even better u should be on the travel channel like Samantha Brown. Your "live posts" make life so nice, especially for those who can't take three or four cruises a year. Cheers to you and have a wonderful Christmas holiday.

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot wait till your Jan. 5 on the Enchantment report....I'm anxious to read what it's like sailing out of Baltimore in the winter.

My uncle and aunt sailed out of Baltimore today on the Carnival Pride. They were so excited, I don't think the cold weather bothered them at all. As a matter of fact, the last time I got a text from them, they were on their 3rd glass of champagne! :rolleyes:;)

• 2 months later...

I really enjoyed your review. I know the review is a bit old but I was hoping you could give me info on Little Divi bay. Do you have to book a day room? How do you book a day pass? It looks like a great place to take our son for a nice day at the beach.

Thank you.

Archived