MS Noordam Sail-Away Nov. 5, 2012

aliaschief

looks like someone is standing by the lines. anticipation...............

If you look to the right and just above her name (Noordam), you'll see what's known as the 'diving board' that hydraulically retracts in the hull. On that diving board is one of the bridge officers who, at that location, is in charge of instructing the linehandlers which line to release first. He does that on orders of the captain (or staff captain) whoever is taking her out. At the aft mooring deck (no diving board there) is another officer doing the same with the aft mooring lines and line handlers

In Port Evergaldes the line handlers and their supervisors use those white trucks to get themselves to the bollards on which the mooring lines of the vessel are secured

Waiting for the line handlers, et all get to the bollards:)

Tomorrow we're in SINGLE digits:D

If you look to the right and just above her name (Noordam), you'll see what's known as the 'diving board' that hydraulically retracts in the hull. On that diving board is one of the bridge officers who, at that location, is in charge of instructing the linehandlers which line to release first. He does that on orders of the captain (or staff captain) whoever is taking her out. At the aft mooring deck (no diving board there) is another officer doing the same with the aft mooring lines and line handlers

Thank you again Copper, I just learned something I did not know. I had no idea what those things were called or what they were for.

Nice commentary, Copper! Thanks for the play-by-play.

Thank you, Copper, for that info on the diving board. When we did the cruise out of Boston, I told my daughter it was a diving board...:o... teasing her! Now I can tell exactly what it is.

What web cam is everyone looking at - I have a link for Port Everglades web cam but what is the other one?

Move your Mouse upper left cornor of the web cam two arrows one on right is atop Hyatt Hotel and that is the one we are currently watching. Switch back to other camera when the ship is close to leaving the port.

Are you sure you weren't in the Navy instead of the Marines?

Archived