The Snootiest Ship in the DAM fleet!!

IRL_Joanie

So, now HAL has made plans to go back and add some of those mistakes in. :rolleyes:

Sigh...... Seems that way, doesn't it, Ruth? :eek:

What are they thinking? They have a gorgeous ship, running wonderfully, loved by most who sail her and it doesn't seem to be 'broke'......

Why the need to 'fix' her? :rolleyes:

Has anyone yet figured out what is going in the place of the now wonderful, beautiful, greatly enjoyed Explorations Cafe? What marvel will be replacing it?

I'm confused. Where did you read that the Noordam is getting changes made to her?

Right here on this very message forum, Carol. A few days ago, I believe.

The Explorations Cafe is going to be put up in the Crow's Nest, a Tamarind is going to be added, and there will be additional passenger cabins (natch).

No additional public space to make room for the additional passengers was announced.

Too bad. I love the Exploration Cafe on that ship. I also love Tamarind so maybe that will even it out, although putting Explorations in the Crow's Nest changes the whole feel of it. I think HAL is only interested in the bottom line. I'll have to go back and read through this thread. I was sure I had read all of it, but evidently not.

The Explorations Cafe is going to be put up in the Crow's Nest, a Tamarind is going to be added, and there will be additional passenger cabins (natch).

No additional public space to make room for the additional passengers was announced.

Didn't they add cabins to the stern on other Vista ships a few years ago? Changed the whole "look" of the stern as I recall. Or, am I dreaming that?

Are the extra cabins going where Explorations is?

Or is that where Tamarind is going?

Didn't they add cabins to the stern on other Vista ships a few years ago? Changed the whole "look" of the stern as I recall. Or, am I dreaming that?

They added stern cabins to Westerdam. Noordam came from the boatyard with different stern which, of course, we like better. :)

I hadn't heard about the Tamarind going in I'm pretty ok with that. The other stuff, not so much.

We love Tamarind but not enough to have them destroy Noordam's beautiful Explorations Cafe IF that is where they intend to put it. Tamarind surely belongs on a top deck but I can't seem to find out where they plan to place it.

Are the extra cabins going where Explorations is?

Or is that where Tamarind is going?

My understanding is they are actually going to add an additional deck. Forward for the additional cabins like they have on Signature Class as well as adding the additional deck for the Tamarind to be where she is located on the NA and Eurodam. My understanding that the Explorations Cafe/Library will be moved to the Crow's nest to make room for new shops including Merabella, that whole forward section will then look the same as the other Vista and Signature ships. . Pretty much they seen to think they can duplicate what they have already on the two Signature Class ships.

I'm confused. Where did you read that the Noordam is getting changes made to her?

Carol/Ruth, I do believe that it was Bruce Muzz who indicated here that it was going to begin with the Noordam next summer! :(

You seem to agree with many of us who think Noordam one of HAL's best ships in the Fleet. :)

We love others as well but Noordam is high on lots of our lists.

We agree with you sail. We were on it for the first time in January for a 11-day Caribbean cruise, We booked the same cruise and cabin for January 2014.

There was not a "snooty" crew on that ship, nor any of our other cruises with HAL.

My understanding is they are actually going to add an additional deck. Forward for the additional cabins like they have on Signature Class as well as adding the additional deck for the Tamarind to be where she is located on the NA and Eurodam. My understanding that the Explorations Cafe/Library will be moved to the Crow's nest to make room for new shops including Merabella, that whole forward section will then look the same as the other Vista and Signature ships. . Pretty much they seen to think they can duplicate what they have already on the two Signature Class ships.

Wow, that's huge! Thanks for the info.

We love Tamarind but not enough to have them destroy Noordam's beautiful Explorations Cafe IF that is where they intend to put it. Tamarind surely belongs on a top deck but I can't seem to find out where they plan to place it.

Unfortunately, the amount library space devoted to sheer passenger pleasure is not an income generator -- except for those of us who choose HAL ships because they offer so much non-retail, passenger pleasing spaces when compared to other brands. And seek out those ships where this lovely space is where it has always been traditionally located. Scratch the Noordam off our must-try ships now.

On the recent Oosteerdam which does have the dam new library location, there was a steady stream of Exploration Cafe specialty coffee buyers, so there is at least some income stream from this operation. Of course never, ever seeing a single customer in any Marbella shop on any single HAL cruise we have ever been on does not mean deals are not being made in privacy elsewhere.

Boo, snark. :mad:

<snip>. Of course never, ever seeing a single customer in any Marbella shop on any single HAL cruise we have ever been on does not mean deals are not being made in privacy elsewhere.

Boo, snark. :mad:

I have rarely seen anyone in there myself but I do know someone that has purchased from there. Since they are continuing with the store there must be customers for it or why waste the space?

too bad - I liked her smaller size - as much as we like the Tamarind we prefer the ships that don't have it and a dinner does not justify the rest of the changes - but that's just us. oh well, we all have choices:D

Lisa - Love your new Avatar:)

too bad - I liked her smaller size - as much as we like the Tamarind we prefer the ships that don't have it and a dinner does not justify the rest of the changes - but that's just us. oh well, we all have choices:D

Lisa - Love your new Avatar:)

Noordam is a beautiful ship the way she is. I simply don't understand why they have to change her. We've seen what's happened when they've done this previously...it never turns out well.

While I have very little to compare it to I think the Noordam is a beautiful ship. The library really is a wonderful area. The library area on the Nieuw Amsterdam didn't do a thing for me. It just didn't have the cozy feel as did the Noordam's.

Judging by the number of people using their computers I would think the library areas are moneymakers for HAL. Probably not as much as the shops though.

Archived