Venture with Bill & Mary Ann on the 2013 GW Voyage "Postcards from Paradise" 115 days

WCB

Report # 72 Hong Kong, SAR March 13, 2013 Wednesday Day 3 Part 1

Our third day in Hong Kong found us once again walking to see some of the sites we missed on the first two days. Our time was much more limited because the ship was due to leave around 5pm. For the first time that we can recall, we were due back onboard at 3pm, cutting our stay by one hour. Could be the reason was due to customs and immigration checks, especially with the folks who had to get visas to go into mainland China. Those passengers, like the groups that went to Macau, had to turn in their passports with a face-to-face check with the Chinese officials between 2 and 4pm.

Our destination this morning was the Jade Market. This large indoor market is housed in two buildings a block off of Nathan Road. Each stall has numerous pieces of jade stones and jewelry in many different shades. Purple is one of them and something one of us does not own. Now, we do. It took about 10 minutes to locate a matching set with a pendant and earrings. Whether or not the pieces are truly jade, well, we'll never know. But the tip off may be the price, which was easily negotiate downward from a way too high amount. It's the name of the game here.

Right across the street from the Jade Market was the Produce Market. Their fruit and veggies looked like they were grown with steroids or some very good fertilizers. No refrigeration is necessary, because it is all sold by the end of the day. The same goes for the meat, chicken, and fish markets. In the same building as the veggies were the fish vendors. Each butcher had a machete and a block of wood, where the fish were quickly gutted and chopped. Looks like nothing is wasted. It was a bit unnerving to see turtles, eels, and frogs kept in syrofoam boxes, waiting to be purchased. In large tubs of water were fish of all sizes, some of which did not stay in the tub. While watching one fellow cut up a tuna, one crazy footlong fish came flying out of the tub and onto the floor. No big deal, since the butcher chased him down and flipped him back into the water.

Most of the meat and chicken markets were outside situated on narrow side streets. All the hunks of pork are tied up on hooks, hanging in the air naked, not wrapped. You would expect flies, but there were none. Chickens were available either plucked or alive. Cooked ducks and geese also hung in the doorways of the shops. Again, nothing was refrigerated.

Time was dwindling, so we headed back to find the best pizza place in Harbour Center. We found Pizza Express on the ground floor and were quickly seated by the window with a view of the side of the Amsterdam. At least we didn't have far to walk back, thank goodness. We both ordered margherita pizzas on thin crunchy crusts. Nothing sounded better with pizza than Stella Artois beers, big, ice cold ones. We took our time eating, savoring every last minute of our visit to Hong Kong.

Another muster drill was scheduled for 4:15pm, and it was mandatory for all to attend. We wondered if the room stewards checked the rooms. Barb found out when her fellow knocked on her door, waking here up from a nap. So the answer is yes, they certainly do check. Even though the passengers are threatened with being denied passage if you miss the muster, we do know that a make-up drill takes place the following morning. It is serious stuff, and keeping in mind the accidents of the recent past, we do pay attention.

Sailaway was around 5:30pm, but unfortunately, the weather was not the best. There was a heavy smog-like shroud that hung over the harbor and city that did not want to disperse. Barbara H., our port guide, gave a good commentary on our way out. We passed the area of the old airport to see the new terminal building that will be in use sometime in the near future. It will probably be very nice and modern, but we can see major drawbacks for the passengers and crew, who have enjoyed the easy and convenient pier we have always used. We can estimate the drive time to downtown Kowloon would be 45 minutes in good traffic. Oh well, nothing lasts forever.

Once past the major islands, the Captain put his pedal to the metal and we were off towards our next port of Nha Trang, Vietnam. Something tells us that as we head south, the weather will warm up considerably. It could not have been nicer for the three days we spent here in Hong Kong. We'll miss it.

Bill & Mary Ann

Report # 73 Day at Sea March 14, 2013 Thursday

Just as we expected, the weather warmed up significantly as we sailed in a southerly direction through the night. Back is the humidity which keeps us moist and warm. Looks like we will be spending a lazy day, which we believe we have earned.

Explorations speaker, Robert Shrire, delivered a talk on the most unlikely democracy in India. He dealt with sensitive subjects of caste conflicts, religious differences, and illiteracy and poverty. All interesting subjects, except we are not visiting India on this grand voyage. Well, actually some folks will be going there on a very expensive overland trip. It is really unusual to be skipping Mumbai, as we go there every year. In fact, last year, the ship's crew added razorwire to the lower promenade deck before we headed across the ocean to the Red Sea and the Suez Canal. Wonder if that will be necessary before we leave Sri Lanka and head towards the Seychelles, also in the same area?

The other exploration speaker, Adrian Cooper, lectured about incredible varieties of habitats and species in Southeast Asia. Barbara H spoke all about Singapore and things to do and see while there. It is also another one of our favorite places to visit. Lastly, a new celebrity guest chef has joined us, Naomi Kakiuchi. We think she may be from Japan. Too bad all of the spots have filled up for the cooking classes with these guest chefs. We should have been able to sign up for a complimentary one with our new 5 star standing with the Mariner Club. But they are overbooked for the rest of the trip as far as we know. At least they sent the complimentary culinary aprons in lieu of missing out on the class.

A very strange thing happened to us and our tablemates last night at dinnertime. Out of the blue, one of the head waiters from deck five brought a lady to our table, sent to us by one of our cruise friends. It seems that this passenger had been placed at our friend's table and they decided to move her out of there to us without asking. That should not happen, and we would never do that to anyone else without warning. We have the large table, but wished to keep two seats available to invite guests that we all know. To keep the peace, we all have agreed to ask first before inviting. Well, not to be mean, but this lady was not compatable with all, especially after announcing that she was a "contessa". She actually gave Martha a card with her name on it with a crown above the name. She is still chuckling about that. Yes, everyone was polite, but not comfortable. So three of us went to some of the responsible dining room staff who we knew could correct this intrusion. They said no problem, since the lady was supposed to be moved to another table anyway. She was not assigned to us. However after receiving her new table assignment, she informed the staff that she was coming back to us anyway. We hate to be put in this difficult position, but we and our tablemates are territorial about our time in the dining room. We let the staff know how we felt, and they agreed to re-route her. Long story short, it did not happen. She showed up, and we had to inform her that in two days, with Bob coming onboard, there would be no room for her at this table. She said she understood, and quickly was seated at a table for eight. Now we're the bad guys. Going back to the beginning, this should have never happened, and could have been avoided from the start with no ill feelings from anyone. In hind site, we should have gone to the dining room manager, Tom G., and informed him of the touchy situation. He would have handled it differently, we are sure.

Looking forward to a free day to do as we wish in Nha Trang, Vietnam tomorrow.

Bill & Mary Ann

Report # 73 Day at Sea March 14, 2013 Thursday

A very strange thing happened to us and our tablemates last night at dinnertime. Out of the blue, one of the head waiters from deck five brought a lady to our table, sent to us by one of our cruise friends. It seems that this passenger had been placed at our friend's table and they decided to move her out of there to us without asking. That should not happen, and we would never do that to anyone else without warning. We have the large table, but wished to keep two seats available to invite guests that we all know. To keep the peace, we all have agreed to ask first before inviting. Well, not to be mean, but this lady was not compatable with all, especially after announcing that she was a "contessa". She actually gave Martha a card with her name on it with a crown above the name. She is still chuckling about that. Yes, everyone was polite, but not comfortable. So three of us went to some of the responsible dining room staff who we knew could correct this intrusion. They said no problem, since the lady was supposed to be moved to another table anyway. She was not assigned to us. However after receiving her new table assignment, she informed the staff that she was coming back to us anyway. We hate to be put in this difficult position, but we and our tablemates are territorial about our time in the dining room. We let the staff know how we felt, and they agreed to re-route her. Long story short, it did not happen. She showed up, and we had to inform her that in two days, with Bob coming onboard, there would be no room for her at this table. She said she understood, and quickly was seated at a table for eight. Now we're the bad guys. Going back to the beginning, this should have never happened, and could have been avoided from the start with no ill feelings from anyone. In hind site, we should have gone to the dining room manager, Tom G., and informed him of the touchy situation. He would have handled it differently, we are sure.

Looking forward to a free day to do as we wish in Nha Trang, Vietnam tomorrow.

Bill & Mary Ann

Wow !!! :rolleyes:

Maybe no one else will comment on this, but this highlights why some of us would be fearful to consider a world cruise. It's truly a shame that you had to embarass this poor woman further by publishing it in a blog on CC. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time you take to post your blog here. That said, all I can do is shake my head at the snarkiness of what you just posted......:eek:

Maybe no one else will comment on this, but this highlights why some of us would be fearful to consider a world cruise. It's truly a shame that you had to embarass this poor woman further by publishing it in a blog on CC. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time you take to post your blog here. That said, all I can do is shake my head at the snarkiness of what you just posted......:eek:

OK, I'm not going to leave you on your own on this one. I absolutely love all the posts and this blog is one of my favourites - but this did kind of make me go "hmmmm".

I agree with the two posts above, but having followed the blog every year it is obvious that this group has rules for their table, and heaven help those who overstep their bounds.

Someone once posted that a world cruise is like high school, complete with cliques, geeky freshmen and those oh so superior senoirs (except here they don't graduate--they just keep being seniors)

We do appreciate seeing what a world cruise is really like through all the blogs.

OK, I'm not going to leave you on your own on this one. I absolutely love all the posts and this blog is one of my favourites - but this did kind of make me go "hmmmm".

I have to agree. This post made my eyebrows go up. Hmmmm, indeed.

I love the blog, but there has always been, in my my own reading of it, a slight passive-aggressive attitude. Nevertheless, this is nothing compared to their Grand South America thread of a few years ago.

On our Grand Asia there was enough of this attitude in evidence that we decided that a World was not for us, although it does make good entertainment if you are not on the receiving end!

Maybe no one else will comment on this, but this highlights why some of us would be fearful to consider a world cruise. It's truly a shame that you had to embarrass this poor woman further by publishing it in a blog on CC. :rolleyes:

Really? It seems very mild to me compared to some of the petty snarkiness that is on display in some of our current threads.

Do they all vote on which two should be invited each evening? Sounds very, very strange to me. Somewhat similar to having an "audience with the Pope"?

I've followed their blog for a few years and find innuendos in most posts that at more snarky than in previous years.

For the above reasons, I am really, really enjoying Kween Karen's blog...and the Stanifield's blog as well.

I agree, it was a very uncomfortable situation, but I understand where the unhappiness is coming from .

First, I agree that the table should have been consulted. On a 2 month Grand Voyage my husband and all our table mates disembarked mid way through the cruise (planned). I was moved to another table (a wonderful one it turned out and I was very welcomed), but they were consulted before I was moved there.

On a shorter cruise (like 21 days or so) we had a great table and then a woman was added to the mix. Unfortunately she had serious problems and was not an enjoyable table mate. (Her last table had rejected (or ejected) her. After a few nights we went to the dinning room manager and first asked and then demanded she be moved. We were not sure what would happen, but for an entirely different reason she was put off the ship the next morning (in South America), so our issue was resolved. I felt very sorry for her as she was a very troubled person, but we also wanted a pleasant dinner experience.

Yes the World Cruise does have a different culture than even other Grand Voyages in my opinion and experience. HOWEVER, it would never stop me from going on only part of it if I was interested in the itinerary. (It would certainly not stop me from going on the full cruise, but I doubt that will happen.) It is a lot like moving to a new school or neighborhood if you board part way through the cruise. However, I have always folks to be nice to me and I have always found others to "hang around with" on the ship or on tours. I have always been able to "settle in" during the first week. Yes, there will be events that I am not invited to (private parties, gatherings, etc.) but I am not invited to everything private happening at home either.

In response to innlady1's comment about "do they vote". I think it is very different to have a person (or persons) at your table for one night that for almost 2 months.

Once upon a time, long long ago, a waiter came to us and said - "this couple thinks that your table is more fun than theirs and would like to join you".

Well, we were a little caught off guard because (a) the couple was standing right behind the waiter and (b) what could we say with the couple right there.

so they joined us and we became a table of 8 instead of 6.

To this day, the wife and I still exchange Christmas cards and I would happily cruise with her again. Unfortunately her dear husband has passed but he is alive in our hearts and memories. They were fabulous people.

btw - this was on NCL, not HAL :D

This was night two of our cruise and it was a 12 day cruise.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Bill and Mary Ann,

I guess that it is hard for some people to realize there are boundaries even on a cruise ship. Bringing a new person into an already established group changes the whole dynamics of the table. It sounds to me like it is a great idea to have 2 empty seats for guests that you might want to invite to join you. A lot of the people on this cruise are like families. They have spent a huge amount of money and are also investing time in this vacation. They should be able to make the choices that fit their group.

From my perspective, I cannot imagine the woman wanting to put herself in that situation!

It does not sound to me like the table was rude to the woman. Not everyone likes everyone and I can't think of anything worse than having someone you don't want at your table for 115 days!

I know that you are not in America but you do have the right to say whatever you want....My guess is that the woman does not know how the table feels which is a compliment to the tables social skills!

Thanks Bill and Mary Ann for sharing both your adventures but also your feelings!

I guess I would stick to our usual 2-top whereby we make friends with adjoining tables and have nice conversations back and forth, but enjoy our own company as well. The longest cruise I`ve done is 22 days, and I am still in touch with some people on neighbouring tables. It was the perfect arrangement:)

Really? It seems very mild to me compared to some of the petty snarkiness that is on display in some of our current threads.

I have to agree with you. WCB is spending lots of money and time to keep us up to date. I for one love to read this blog. Some of the comments about this are pretty surprising to me.

I agree, it was a very uncomfortable situation, but I understand where the unhappiness is coming from .

First, I agree that the table should have been consulted. On a 2 month Grand Voyage my husband and all our table mates disembarked mid way through the cruise (planned). I was moved to another table (a wonderful one it turned out and I was very welcomed), but they were consulted before I was moved there.

On a shorter cruise (like 21 days or so) we had a great table and then a woman was added to the mix. Unfortunately she had serious problems and was not an enjoyable table mate. (Her last table had rejected (or ejected) her. After a few nights we went to the dinning room manager and first asked and then demanded she be moved. We were not sure what would happen, but for an entirely different reason she was put off the ship the next morning (in South America), so our issue was resolved. I felt very sorry for her as she was a very troubled person, but we also wanted a pleasant dinner experience.

Yes the World Cruise does have a different culture than even other Grand Voyages in my opinion and experience. HOWEVER, it would never stop me from going on only part of it if I was interested in the itinerary. (It would certainly not stop me from going on the full cruise, but I doubt that will happen.) It is a lot like moving to a new school or neighborhood if you board part way through the cruise. However, I have always folks to be nice to me and I have always found others to "hang around with" on the ship or on tours. I have always been able to "settle in" during the first week. Yes, there will be events that I am not invited to (private parties, gatherings, etc.) but I am not invited to everything private happening at home either.

In response to innlady1's comment about "do they vote". I think it is very different to have a person (or persons) at your table for one night that for almost 2 months.

great post - and helps many to understand the 'workings' of these cruises.

I guess those of us who have not done a World Cruise do not understand the politics involved. So different from the cruises that are much shorter in length.

Having said that, I do think it's a bit risky to talk about the problems here on an open forum...when the person being discussed may well read this board.

I have to agree with you. WCB is spending lots of money and time to keep us up to date. I for one love to read this blog. Some of the comments about this are pretty surprising to me.

I, too, am enjoying the World Cruise blogs that I'm following. Every morning I check for updates. It's great to read the different experiences from people on the same journey. I think it's natural that there will be bumps along the road.

I guess those of us who have not done a World Cruise do not understand the politics involved. So different from the cruises that are much shorter in length.

Having said that, I do think it's a bit risky to talk about the problems here on an open forum...when the person being discussed may well read this board.

I must admit I thought that too. You never know if that person is reading. And yes it is so different from a regular cruise where you don't get to pick your table mates.

I loved your Hong Kong posts. Your descriptions were wonderful and brought back so many memories of our visits there with the kids. It is such a great and colorful city.

Thank you for letting us "pretend" we are also on this fantastic voyage. Cherie

I must admit I thought that too. You never know if that person is reading. And yes it is so different from a regular cruise where you don't get to pick your table mates.

I don't think that Bill and Mary were rude or "snarky" in not wanting a new

person seated at their table, I understand it completely, and..... if there were 2 vacant seats, i'm sure they were planning on asking other couples that they would like to visit with on occassion! my family cruised together one time and we had a table for 6, however we were seated at a table for 8 and the couple they sat with us had the same last name, so they thought

they belonged at our table. this couple was "nice" enough, but we had nothing in common with them, and they were vegens, which made us uncomfortable to begin with, we made the best of an uncomfortable situation and said nothing. We did not make great friends with them, nor have we seen them since this 21 day sailing, all of our pictures taken at the table have them seated with the group, We do not remember their names , only their last name!! I see nothing wrong with the post that Bill and Mary made.

Report # 74 Nha Trang, Vietnam March 15, 2013 Friday

Today turned out to be a really fun day for us. We have been to this city of Nha Trang many times, and have always taken an organized tour. The main attraction for tourists here is definitely the expanse of the clean, white sandy beach. Many fairly new high rise hotels line the main avenue facing this pretty beach. Other major sites include Cham Po Nagar Towers, a 7th century Hindu Temple complex, revered by the local Buddhists. The Pasteur Institute is also famous, where a student of Pasteur, Dr. Yersin, developed an antidote for the Bubonic Plague. He also brought quinine trees to Southeast Asia to fight malaria. At the Long Son Pagoda, 152 stone steps high on a knoll, sits a white Buddha seated on a lotus blossom. This temple pays tribute to the tragic deaths of some monks who protested the Vietnam War by lighting themselves on fire. Hard to believe it has been over 40 years ago when this all happened. Painful memories for some of us for sure, since there are many vets traveling on this cruise. We have to keep in mind that the newer generation only knows of this war from history books, and the prejudices do not exist here today from what we observe.

The local port authority kindly supplied several shuttle buses that took us from the ship to the Hai Yen Hotel, a 20 minute ride one way. We decided to have a light breakfast so we could eat lunch somewhere in town around 1pm. Once we got off of the bus, we walked to the main street, where we were met by many local vendors selling postcards, fans, paintings, and whistles. Truthfully, we already have it all from last year. Several other fellows lined up to offer us a ride in their pedicabs or cyclos, more like a three wheel trike that transports two passengers. They were probably really reasonable to ride in one, but we did need the exercise much more.

A very nice hotel along this street was the Sheraton. So we decided to go inside and check it out. Right in the front was a very nice patio with tables and padded chairs to enjoy drinks or lunch. This looked like the perfect place to dine on our way back. And once we spotted the menu that offered pizza, that sealed the deal. We have to mention that the money here in Vietnam is called dong. There are 20,000 dong to one US dollar. Wow! The ship does not sell it, because, thank goodness, the locals gladly accept US dollars. And credit cards of course.

From here, we continued on, following the map, to the Cho Dam central market. This semi-outdoor complex houses food, clothing, and souvenier stalls where one can easily get lost. When we arrived, there were a dozen HAL buses dropping off passengers to roam the many shops. Clothing here included silky tops, t-shirts, shoes, and children's items. The only problem is that most all of it is sized for the local Vietnamese, who tend to be rather small. And the marked size on each item meant nothing, not even the shoe sizes. Sure the prices were great, but do not work if nothing fits.

The fish, meat, and poultry sections were interesting. We walked past large trays of shrimp drying in the sun, or in this case, cloudy skies. This time there were flies all over it. Perhaps when the shrimp are cooked, all the extra protein is also cooked well enough to avoid parasites. It's just the accepted way of shopping for food in these countries.

We made our way back towards the beach, and took our time strolling shoreside. The persistant vendors from past visits were mostly gone, perhaps driven away by the police. So many hotels line this shoreline and a large number of them use this beach. Nice lounge chairs, well padded, and supplied with beach towels were available for rent in front of every hotel. Cement benches were placed every few yards, and we took the time to sit and relax briefly. At one point around high noon, a lady on a bike, stopped and brought over a large pot to us. We could see it was steaming, and when she uncovered it, hot lobsters were presented for sale. How we would possibly consume these without plates or silverware, we don't know. We politely said thanks, but no thanks. So here in Nha Trang, you wait long enough, and lunch will come to you.

There was no doubt that we would go back to the Sheraton for lunch. What was also a huge plus were the civilized and pristine washrooms at the hotel, where we freshened up before ordering. Wood-fired margherita pizzas and Tiger draught beer was what we ordered. Sitting outside in the breezy patio was a bit of heaven. Although there was a 25% chance of rain, it never happened, at least not in town. If the clouds had gone away, and the sun had come out, it would have been very uncomfortable. We must have spent at least an hour sitting, enjoying every bite of pizza, and watching the world go by. We did pay our bill with US dollars, but got back dong in change. It amounted to 45000 dong or about $2.50. We would have to spend it at the pier.

Continuing on, we walked the promenade further down the beach, passing the area where we ate lunch last year. We both agreed that the patio lunch at the Sheraton was a far better choice. Back at the bus drop-off, we bought 2 more bamboo fans, which by the way, are life-savers in these warm, humid climates. And the price was right...... 2 for $5.00.

Getting bck to the ship, we continued a little more shopping at the pier stands, although the watch vendors would not bargain. They won't do that if there are too many customers buying at their high prices. Today, the tables were full of crew members, trying to negotiate several watches for a better price. They were having no luck, and ended up paying double or more than what we paid in Manila.

Sailaway was at sunset. It had cooled off a lot, because a strong wind had come up. All we could see were bag after plastic bag being blown from the souvenier stands into the water at the end of the dock. They just do not care about litter in the harbor like we have been trained to not do. Or we should say most of us know better. Yesterday, we observed a lady on the aft deck, use a tissue then throw it overboard in the wind. She thought no one saw her do that. We bit our tongues, but maybe not next time if she continues doing that.

Dinnertime brought two couples as our guests to our table. Leta and Bill and Mel and Helen joined the five of us, since Carol and Van had left for Cambodia for three days. We had a grand time visiting with them, and we hope they enjoyed it. Both of the couples have tables for two, one upstairs, and the other down stairs. Frequently, they are able to eat dinner, and beat us out of the dining room an hour ahead of us. On busy port days such as this one, that can be a good thing.

We are now headed south towards the next exciting port of Singapore. Can't wait.

Bill & Mary Ann

Report # 75 Day at Sea March 16, 2013 Saturday

The day was shortened by one hour at 2pm, as we had to turn our clocks ahead one hour. Singapore, our next port, is on the same time as Hong Kong, with Vietnam being one hour behind. Don't know why. We just do as we are told. For the passengers, turning ahead during the afternoon has little effect. It does shorten the time the crew has for their usual work or rest periods. While we were at the aft pool, we watched the clock on the wall advance from 2pm to 3pm, beginning one minute after the hour. Those of us watching clapped when it went ahead. What can we say? It doesn't take much to amuse us.

Speaking of the pool, it was darned hot outside today. It is the most humid area we have sailed in so far this trip. What makes it worse is the fact we have following winds, so there is little hint of any breeze at all. Close to the Equator, this makes sense. The majority of folks out today are the tough ones, who spent most of the time in the "bathtub" water of the pool.

Inside activities included a talk about the upcoming ports in Malaysia and Thailand. Mr Schrire spoke about the similarities and differences of China and India. He is one of South Africa's leading political analysts, described by the former editor of the New York Times. Will have to catch some of these talks on TV.

We originally had made reservations for our first complimentary dinner in the Pinnacle grill Restaurant this evening. As luck would have it, one of our favorite meals happens to be offered on the menu tonight as well. So we cancelled and re-booked another date for next week. Hearing that most of the reservations have been booked for the rest of this cruise, manager Kim assured us that the 8pm spots are still available.

A cocktail party was given by our hosts, and once again, it was held in the Queens Lounge. Ours was at 6:30pm to 7:30pm, earlier than usual because the lounge needed to be put back together and cleaned for the 8pm showtime. Friends Ellen and Aart joined us, which turned out to be great. Little did we ever expect that we would be joined by the Contessa, who had asked to be seated next to Ellen. There must have been 100 guests at this gathering, so what are the chances we would be sharing this occassion with this lady again? We have to say she was quite polite and appeared not to have remembered us. Ellen kept her occupied while we enjoy Aart's company.

And for dinner, we both ordered the porterhouse steaks, as large as the plate. We had pretty much skipped lunch to enjoy this mastadon. They were tasty, but still not the quality of meat we would have had in the Pinnacle Grill. They were a close second.

Tomorrow and the following day, every time we leave the ship in Singapore, we will need to carry our passports with us. Inside the passports are landing cards, which have been marked with our entry stamps. Thinking there would be a long line at the front desk in the morning, we went there after dinner to collect them. Also, we needed to buy some Singapore dollars. There was a line, but it was short. The passports were handed back quickly, and by luck, we were able to get the last of the Singapore dollars they had onboard. More will come tomorrow, but not until after 2pm, when we are due to arrive. Gotta remember to do this stuff earlier, or deal with it in the city, which can take up too much time.

Bill & Mary Ann

Archived