Can you pre-book a Specialty Restaurant ?

lgionet

We went to Sabinitinis for first time a couple of weeks ago. The head waiter gave us a couple of choices for times the next night. When we were there, only two other tables were being used. Don't know if this is usual, but I imagine you shouldn't have a problem booking once you're onboard.

No, but I wish we could.

We eat in the speciality restaurants fairly often and seldom have had a problem getting in ... but sometimes not at the exact time we would like. Formal nights and those At Sea do tend to book up lots quicker than other nights.

Often, a speciality restaurant will appear not to be full but does not have the staff to handle but a certain number of people.

LuLu

~~~~

While it is probably true that booking once on board is not a problem, it is pretty lame that Princess does not allow pre booking. It is one less thing to have to do when you do board.

I prefer the Princess procedure which has no penalties for canceling within 24 hours unlike RCCL who accepts pre-cruise bookings requiring pre-payment. Being able to easily book onboard without pre-payment or cancellations fees works best for me & don't need restrictions like those on RCCL. :rolleyes:

Guest Cancellation Policy - Specialty Restaurants

Cancellations made at least 4 days prior to boarding will be refunded in full to the credit card used for payment. Within 4 days of boarding, cancellations must be made on board after departure and will be credited to your shipboard account. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged a minimum of $10 USD.

Being able to easily book onboard without pre-payment or cancellations fees works best for me

Waiting to book until onboard can mean that the excursions you want may be sold out.

Also, on Princess sometimes the excursions are priced higher on board than if booked in advance.

Waiting to book until onboard can mean that the excursions you want may be sold out.

Also, on Princess sometimes the excursions are priced higher on board than if booked in advance.

Caribill - You're usually spot on, but they're talking about specialty restaurants here :D:D

Very true for excursions but this is a discussion about specialty restaurants so don't understand your correcting my post dealing with pre-reserving specialty restaurants. :confused:

Botton Line Speciality Restaurants:

You'll be fine if you call and be able to get the nights with the times you wish if you do it once on the ship that first day.

To get exactly what you want for Formal nights and days that have been At Sea, do reserve in advance.

Normally, you can walk right in at the last minute on the first and last nights and on days with late port stops without a problem.

Don't think that just because a speciality restaurant doesn't look full ... it can be for the number they are able to serve properly.

Go and Enjoy! LuLu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archived