Celebrity Solstice Class = RCCL which class?

What class of RCCL ships do the Celebrity Solstice class ships most closely compare to in size and features - Radiance, Voyager or Freedom?

Thank you!

I would say that the Freedom Class is pretty close to the Celebrity ships.

Joe<-----Equinox in 4 wks! :D

What class of RCCL ships do the Celebrity Solstice class ships most closely compare to in size and features - Radiance, Voyager or Freedom?

Thank you!

Probably the Sunshine Clas - in terms of looks (going by images I have seen so far). The Sunshine ships arent built yet though.

The Solstice class ships are smaller than RCCL's Voyager class ships though.

Radiance Class = 90,000 tons

Voyager Class = 140,000 tons

Freedom Class = 160,000 tons

Solstice Class = 120,000 tons

Voyager class is probably closest in terms of size/features but I think the Solstices have a distinctive elegance to them.

X ships in general are smaller than RC. You can't just compare size. X just rolled out the reflection and before that the eclipse. These are their new ships. They won't compare in size to the oasis class. The freedom/liberty are larger as well.

The amenities will differ as well. Royal has the zip, flow rider etc. while X has the lawn club. X has the iced martini bar. It also has aqua spa suites with blue dining.

They are different animals to me. If you give us more information on what you are looking for we could better help.

It's hard to compare Solstice class to RCCL. Built for a more laid back clientele. The onboard activities are totally different. No ice skating, rock climbing, inline skating, etc.

No Johnny Rockets, Park Cafe, or that type of eatery. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Celebrity and Solstice class, but there really isn't a close comparison (except maybe size) to any of RCCLs ships.

Solstice class is nothing like any Royal ship - end of story. The only thing they have in common are that they are cruise ships. Size-wise, definitely smaller than Voyager and Freedom class. Haven't done Radiance so can't give you an answer there. Feature-wise, no real comparison. X and Royal have very much turned the lines into 2 distinct products. When we first began sailing, we saw minor differences and had adjusted our expectations depending on which line we sailed. Now - the 2 lines are VERY different.

It's hard to compare Solstice class to RCCL. Built for a more laid back clientele. The onboard activities are totally different. No ice skating, rock climbing, inline skating, etc.

No Johnny Rockets, Park Cafe, or that type of eatery. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Celebrity and Solstice class, but there really isn't a close comparison (except maybe size) to any of RCCLs ships.

I agree 100% its like tring to compare Heavy Metal to jazz there both music but quite diffrent:)

Thank you for all the input so far.

We really prefer the Freedom and Oasis class ships for their size and public areas like the Royal Promenade and also the variety of dining options.

We walk around the ship alot so the Radiance class ships are just too small and closed in.

We're pretty laid back and don't participate in many activitities, but do enjoy the shows.

We also like to spend time in the Diamond Lounge on Freedom and Concierge Lounge on Oasis.

We really prefer the Freedom and Oasis class ships for their size and public areas like the Royal Promenade and also the variety of dining options.

We walk around the ship alot so the Radiance class ships are just too small and closed in.

We're pretty laid back and don't participate in many activitities, but do enjoy the shows.

We also like to spend time in the Diamond Lounge on Freedom and Concierge Lounge on Oasis.

Having cruised multiple times on Jewel of the Seas and a couple on Equinox I compare them in design characteristics. Probably because they were designed and built at the same yard. It is easier to get around the Equinox compared to the Jewel but the ship stills gives the same rich feeling with great ocean views.

Based on what has been leaked and stated by RCI about the Sunshine Class it will be much like the Solstice Class (IMO) with amenities like the Freedom/Oasis.

The Solstice class does not have a promenade; you'll have to stick to RC Voyager class and newer to find that. However, I think you'll be happy with the dining options on Solstice class. We sailed the Solstice a couple of years ago. We found the MDR and buffet to be better than those on RC, although we spent little time in either. The for-fee restaurants were really good, particularly Murano. There was also an Asian-fusion place, Silk Harvest, which was good, although the style of service was a little odd. Some dishes were individual, some were designed to be family style which is fine, but there was no rhyme or reason as to when which dishes were served. Whatever... the food was good. There was also the Tuscan Grill; probably my least fave of the 3 but not bad by any means. We were not in an Aqua Suite, so technically could not eat at Blu, but we called and they said to check back and if they were not busy they would try to accommodate us which they did one night, and we enjoyed it. As for casual dining, there is Bistro on Five, crepes at breakfast and I want to say paninis at lunch, along with soups and salads. Cafe al Bacio is like a coffe shop with fancy coffees and teas, and little pastries. We'll be on Reflection in a few weeks, and they have Qsine instead of Silk Harvest and also the Lawn Club Grill for dinners and The Porch for lunch.

We sailed on Eclipse and did Aqua class and we just sailed on Liberty of the Seas and I would agree that there is no comparison between any RCI ship that we cruised on and the Eclipse. I will say this we enjoyed all of our cruise experiences and would definitely cruise on either RCI or Celebrity.

Shari & John

We love the Solstice Class ships. We aso love Freedom Class ships, especially Liberty. My two favorite ships are Oasis and Allure. What we do nowadays is kind of mix it up and alternate sailings on these various ships.

Our sailings on Celebrity ships will definitely slow down the time we ever reach Pinnacle level of Crown and Anchor even IF we ever reach it, but it is worth it to sail on those elegant Solstice Class ships.

The Solstice class does not have a promenade; you'll have to stick to RC Voyager class and newer to find that. However, I think you'll be happy with the dining options on Solstice class. We sailed the Solstice a couple of years ago. We found the MDR and buffet to be better than those on RC, although we spent little time in either. The for-fee restaurants were really good, particularly Murano. There was also an Asian-fusion place, Silk Harvest, which was good, although the style of service was a little odd. Some dishes were individual, some were designed to be family style which is fine, but there was no rhyme or reason as to when which dishes were served. Whatever... the food was good. There was also the Tuscan Grill; probably my least fave of the 3 but not bad by any means. We were not in an Aqua Suite, so technically could not eat at Blu, but we called and they said to check back and if they were not busy they would try to accommodate us which they did one night, and we enjoyed it. As for casual dining, there is Bistro on Five, crepes at breakfast and I want to say paninis at lunch, along with soups and salads. Cafe al Bacio is like a coffe shop with fancy coffees and teas, and little pastries. We'll be on Reflection in a few weeks, and they have Qsine instead of Silk Harvest and also the Lawn Club Grill for dinners and The Porch for lunch.

Don't miss Qsine. It was fabulous when we sailed on the Eclipse last year!

The Celebrity Solstice is designed more like the RCCL Radiance Class, but larger. In my opinion, it is nothing like the Freedom Class.

M

Same here. I would say that the Radiance Class is closest to the Celebrity Ships.

...We walk around the ship alot so the Radiance class ships are just too small and closed in...
Radiance is definitely smaller than Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships. But I don't understand thinking that Radiance with all the views of the ocean from a multitude of public areas is "closed in", especially in comparison to ships that focus inward on a shopping mall [aka Promenade]:confused::confused:

Don't miss Qsine. It was fabulous when we sailed on the Eclipse last year!

We won't! There will be 8 of us and a couple of us were looking at the Qsine menu the other day. Based on the menu variety and selection, I'm guessing it is like tapas? We saw so many things that looked good so we are hoping to order a huge variety and share them. We've selected open dining (or whatever they call it on Celebrity) because I doubt we will eat dinner in the MDR at all.

We love Radiance-class and Solstice-class. Both give a sense of intimancy while still providing lots to do.

We've cruised some of the larger RCCI ships and really did not find anything that make up for what you lose.

If I want a water park, I'll go to Wisconsin Dells! If I wanted to ice skate, I'd shovel the pond across the road from my house! If I want to shop, I'll go to MOA or down to Schaumburg IL (what is the name of that big mall down there?). Even "up north" on Lake Superior, I cannot sit at the back of the Colony Club and watch the wash. I like being the only ship in port (and being a small ship) in Santorini so that I can actually see the sites.

Archived