Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

I am booked for the 5day Caribbean but am concerned about the not so great reviews of this ship. I was wondering if anyone else is feeling like I am?

PLEASE join your Roll Call! That is an AMAZING group of truly wonderful people who will absolutely make sure you have a great time. :D I'm booked on a 14-night B2B in December as are several other Cruise Critic members. Not worried at all about the reviews!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1627242

P.S. Tell them that I sent you!

:D

I am booked for the 5day Caribbean but am concerned about the not so great reviews of this ship. I was wondering if anyone else is feeling like I am?

I wouldn't be worried about it either, we're still looking to book a cruise on the Royal for late January and the reviews aren't of any concern to me.

Has anyone had first hand knowledge of the following or seen posts pertaining to the following:

Specific questions:

1. On the Royal, are they allowing it to be booked for the entire cruise?

2. Is there a mad rush to it upon embarking to book for the week?

3. What is the rate for the week? An earlier post said $20 a day if booked for the week, Is this accurate?

4. Is availability on a daily basis easy, or do you have to be there upon opening, as is the case on other Princess ships?

5. Is the retreat pool, and loungers filled? Are the cabanas being booked solid or are they vacant?

Thanks,

Steve

I was reading the so-so reviews myself, but when a new ship comes out, the expectations are really high...perhaps expecting near perfection. I believe the negative reviews of the small balconies are valid though. Go and enjoy yourself...it's a brand new ship! What can be terrible? I'm looking at the Royal for a fall cruise myself, even though the ship is much larger than I prefer.

I'm not worried IN THE LEAST!!!

This will be a new adventure that I am looking forward to thanks to DAVE and company.:D:D:D:D:D

November can't come soon enough!!!

9164514723_07cdb6897b_b.jpg

8585155682_f79b96221f_b.jpg

Looking at these two pictures, was the first time I realized that not all the side balconies are the same size. I never noticed these few balconies that get progressively larger. The lack of glass railing is a bit of a drawback though. Would it really have ruined the look of the ship to have glass railings here, LOL? Thanks for posting these.

Given how forward and low those balconies are, I suspect that the usual glass they use for the balconies wouldn't be protective enough against the force of the wave the ship will encounter.

I am booked on the 5day Maiden Caribbean voyage (10/29/13) as well, plus the next back 2 back cruise for 7 days in Eastern Caribbean. I've read just about every post I could find on 4 different forums/threads and although folks will ALWAYS have differing opinions about what they expect, what they actually encounter, and how they feel about it, is no reason to NOT avail YOURSELF that same accommodation!! You ARE booked! Why miss the chance to sail a new ship into the Caribbean just because someone doesn't like the size of the balcony (So next time they should book an interior and not worry about balcony size), or the coffee in the food court not tasting like it is from fresh ground beans (which was later refuted and proven incorrect....but if someone doesn't like how it tastes, they don't have to drink it!); or ANY number of minor NITS that were brought up!! With the newness and size of the Royal, I'm sure I'll be able to find something to keep me amused and that I will enjoy!! So welcome aboard and please sign up for the Sail-Away and the Meet and Greet, and if it moves you, for the passenger-planned and reserved Grand Turk lighthouse tour and pub crawl!! If interested, just post it here and the coordinators will pick up on it and sign you up!!! Welcome to Cruise Critic. Please enjoy your experience here, share it, and enjoy it!! :D

Geez, Pia! Be sure to bring your passport with you so you can get BACK INTO the USA! :-) 30 days at sea!! I'd love to be able to do that, short of enlisting again! But duty still calls and I refuse to retire because I love what I do and I'm helping to save our soldiers' lives!! It just don't get any better than that!! ((Plus it helps to pay for my cruises!)) :-)

Larry

:)Concerned but happy to be returning to Princess.

Bad reviews could be influenced by factors not divulged in the reviews. Like an argument with a significant other or something.

I think the reviews will get better once the ship is in the Caribbean.

If there continues to be not so great reviews, I will just have to write a great review when I get off the ship. I wish there was a winky face but I can't find it.

We're booked with you on the 5-night and the following two 7-night cruises. We actually booked the same day the ship launched, and are totally up for the challenge of enjoying this ship especially in light of so many negative reviews. If, along with many others, we find we don't like it, at least we'll be basing it on personal experience.

I was afraid to cruise on the Emerald Princess the first time. So many people on CC posted that it was too big, it felt crowded, Princess had expanded the number of cabins without expanding the public spaces. You know what? All of those people were exactly right, but we've had many wonderful cruises on that ship in spite of its drawbacks. A ship doesn't have to be perfect for everyone; it just has to be good for us.

Looking at these two pictures, was the first time I realized that not all the side balconies are the same size. I never noticed these few balconies that get progressively larger. The lack of glass railing is a bit of a drawback though. Would it really have ruined the look of the ship to have glass railings here, LOL? Thanks for posting these.

That is the bow of the ship I don't think they could cut into that... It looks like the balconies above are approx. 3 ft. even tho you are under cover there appears there is an additional 3 or 5 ft. Correct me if I'm wrong.:)

99 Days until the first transatlantic crossing departs from Barcelona

110 Days until Royal Princess arrives Fort Lauderdale

145 Days until yours truly embarks for my B2B (Yippee!!!)

The Day I get to print out my Royal Princess luggage tags and Royal Princess Boarding Passes...

Priceless!!! :D

99 Days until the first transatlantic crossing departs from Barcelona

110 Days until Royal Princess arrives Fort Lauderdale

145 Days until yours truly embarks for my B2B (Yippee!!!)

The Day I get to print out my Royal Princess luggage tags and Royal Princess Boarding Passes...

Priceless!!! :D

Dave;

That last part is always the best:) Slight correction though on your math;). The Maiden Passage cruise Departs from Venice on the 9th of October (92 short days). The Barcelona leg is the last 12 day Eastern Med circuit cruise backed up to the 18 day Maiden Passage Cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Dave;

I only got 18.....:D

Bob

(fingers in my ears) la la la la la I can't hear you! (lol ;))

If I count my January 2015 booking on Regal Princess I'll have 21 days total sailing in this class of ships. More to come if I can squeeze out one cruise a year!!!

Dave;

That last part is always the best:) Slight correction though on your math;). The Maiden Passage cruise Departs from Venice on the 9th of October (92 shrt days). The Barcelona leg is the last 12 day Eastern Med circuit cruise backed up to the Maiden Passage.....:)

Bob

I only counted from the Barcelona port departure on October 16th (and not the Venice sailing departure October 9th) since that is when she is on her way to Fort Lauderdale and actually begins the 'Transatlantic crossing' leg of that cruise.

(fingers in my ears) la la la la la I can't hear you! (lol ;))

If I count my January 2015 booking on Regal Princess I'll have 21 days total sailing in this class of ships. More to come if I can squeeze out one cruise a year!!!

I only counted from the Barcelona port departure on October 16th (and not the Venice sailing departure October 9th) since that is when she is on her way to Fort Lauderdale and actually begins the 'Transatlantic crossing' leg of that cruise.

Ok, you win.....:D:D:D

Bob

Archived