Latitudes discounts?

HokiePoq

When reading the list of benefits, I see that we should be receiving a small discount in the shops onboard. This doesn't seem to happen automatically.

Do you ask for it with each purchase?

Didn't realize it didn't happen until resolving the bill at the last minute and the small amount wasn't worth standing in line at reception on the last morning.

Has anyone received these discounts and if so, how?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

On my last Epic sailing, I was informed that the discount only applied to NCL branded items in the gift shop. So unless you want to buy something and advertise for them (by carrying around or wearing something that says NCL), they will not give you the discount as stated for latitudes. At least not on the Epic.

I just looked over various receipts from the Jewel last September and the 10% discount was applied to everything (perfume, candy, NCL souvenirs, etc). I don't recall ever asking for it. Assumed it was either automatic or the cashier saw the Latitudes level on the key card. The duty-free perfume with the discount was a great deal! The receipts show "price-discount-amount".

Most times we did automatically receive the discount at the point of purchase. A few times we did not get it, we had to ask for an adjustment (only did this on the bigger ticket items)... seems hit or miss if the cashier applies it even on the same sailing.

My last cruise in September I purchased some photos. When I inquired about the platinum discount the photographer looked at me like I was nuts. He asked his buddy who confirmed I get a 25% discount. The original guy told me he had never encountered a platinum level guest. Hard to believe. Don't know if he was trying to rip me off or was truly ignorant.

Always ask or you might lose out.

Onboard Discounts: - All levels

10% discount at Duty Free Shop; Free work of art for attending art auction; 30 free minutes with 250-minute internet package purchase; 15 free minutes with 100-minute internet package purchase

More info here http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits

we bought 10 bottles of booze on the Star last summer. No discount. Bought a ship model in the gift shop and got the discount.

Was my first time on NCL in 19 years so I didn't know anything about any discounts.

Bill

Surprising that they would claim the discount doesn't apply to certain items. What little I've read states that you get a flat percentage discount on purchases in the duty free shop based on your tier level. No mention of any limitations or exclusions. Is there fine print somewhere clarifying the items to which the discount applies? If not this seems like the most blatant case of false advertising since The Never-Ending Story.

I bought a camera on the Sun last year and was not eligible for a discount, the staff member told me that upfront. Not sure about the other ships. Everything else we have bought on a ship during a cruise shows a discount on the receipt. I would not think booze or tobacco products would be eligible.

Surprising that they would claim the discount doesn't apply to certain items. What little I've read states that you get a flat percentage discount on purchases in the duty free shop based on your tier level. No mention of any limitations or exclusions. Is there fine print somewhere clarifying the items to which the discount applies? If not this seems like the most blatant case of false advertising since The Never-Ending Story.

Over the last few years, I've noticed fewer and fewer items were eligible for the latitudes discount. I've been Platinum for about 4 years now. On the Epic over Thanksgiving, I spoke with the manager of the stores. I was informed the discount only applied to the NCL branded items. That is what I was told and that is all I received. Now, I didn't buy much this trip, but do know the t-shirt with BMG on it, even though it also said NCL, was not elligible for the discount

Archived