2014-2015 deployment schedule

kk99

There are Reflection and Eclipse cruises that you can book for April 2014 out of Miami and Fort Lauderdale as I am looking to book a cruise around that time and getting a bit frustrated as I want to know the Europe schedule to compare and yep when it comes out, we'll be on a cruise! :rolleyes:

Hi,Bob

Thanks for the info. It is surprising that they describe the TransPacific as

BAO-YVR ....And yes, whoever charterd the whole thing must have made Celebrity very happy....

I'm sure they're thrilled. This year's TransPacific is only less than 60 days away and doesn't look to be selling so well. They're slashing prices as the date approaches and there are still plenty of cabins available. We're booked on this sailing and have had our price drop multiple times.

Here's hoping that the Caribbean itineraries include summer sailings.

Now that Royal Caribbean is offering the Classic and Premium drink package, if Celebrity doesn't cruise the Caribbean in the summer of 2014, I guess we'll be checking out the Oasis or Allure of the Seas next summer.

Caribbean sailings are announced on my birthday, though, so maybe it's a sign!

I highly doubt that we will see any Caribbean sailings in summer. They tried it 2010 and it was a little disaster-financialwise. Cabins were a real bargain during this period.

Even with all promotions which are going on, average fares in Europe, Alaska, Bermuda and New England are much higher compared to the Caribbean in summer.

However, it would be nice to see at least a M-Class Ship doing the Caribbean.

At least, they could start the Caribbean Season earlier than by end of November/December.

I receieved a copy of the projected opening dates for bookings for 2014-2015. Hopefully it will be helpful in planning your next Celebrity Cruise.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Flyers/13032706_CEL_2014_2015_Deployment_flyer.pdf

You seem to have an insider link. Any idea if/when there will be specials (123 etc) for 2014?

Carole

You seem to have an insider link. Any idea if/when there will be specials (123 etc) for 2014?

Carole

Hi Carole Lee,

Yes - There is a Captains Club deployment offer, and I've posted it on this thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1798880

I hope this helps !

Here's hoping that the Caribbean itineraries include summer sailings.

Now that Royal Caribbean is offering the Classic and Premium drink package, if Celebrity doesn't cruise the Caribbean in the summer of 2014, I guess we'll be checking out the Oasis or Allure of the Seas next summer.

Caribbean sailings are announced on my birthday, though, so maybe it's a sign!

Hi Keels,

I'd love to see it as much as anyone, but I do not believe this will be the year. While I strongly feel that Summer Caribbean can work (especially if Celebrity were creative with the itineraraies), I believe the bigger issue is that Oasis & Allure homeport in Ft Lauderdale. Thats a lot of cabins to fill, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a corportate decision for Celebrity NOT to compete with them.

IMO, Celebrity can offer a Summer Caribbean product from South Florida, that would not compete directly with Oasis & Allure. Why not think outside the box, and have 1 ship sailing several different itineraries, varying from 4-10 nights. Berthing shouldnt be an issue, as the port is relatively quiet. Why not throw in a few 7 day Bermuda sailings from Port Everglades ? I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat !

On another note, I feel that 3 ships in Alaska is one too many. If Celebrity feels that Europe will perform well ? I respect their decision, but I'm not at all confident on the likelihood of sending 6 ships to Europe, *and* it being highly successful. Perhaps it will work - time will tell. Nothing says it has to be a Solstice Class ship sailing the Caribbean. Deploy the S-Class where they make the most $$$. Wouldn't it be great if Century were "Solsticized" and made her debut for a Summer 2014 Caribbean season ? I think that would be exciting news.

I truly do not wish to hear about 2010 any longer. While I agree it was not a success, there were reasons why. IMO, Celebrity did not market it aggresively enough, and many folks weren't aware of a Summer Caribbean product until a few months before the sailings began. By that point, most had already made their vacation plans, and that's why you had fairly low pricing. You also have a larger number of cruisers now, and this Summer's pricing is extremely high.... so there's evidence it can be successful. With that said, if Miami doesnt want competition for Oasis & Allure, then nothing else matters.

Let's hope Celebrity is giving it some consideration, but I'd keep your expectations low.

Just in case anyone is interested: ;)

Celebrity's 2014-2015 Deployment Opening Schedule:

Bermuda, Canada & New England - MARCH 7th

Alaska - MARCH 12th

Northern Europe - MARCH 21st

Europe - MARCH 27th

South America & Panama Canal - APRIL 3rd

Caribbean - APRIL 11th

Asia, Australia & Hawaii -APRIL 17th

Grapevine is saying that some new & interesting ports are on the agenda. :)

2MC

Hope the new & interesting ports include some in the Carib...same old itins can get boring!!!

Hi Keels,

I'd love to see it as much as anyone, but I do not believe this will be the year. While I strongly feel that Summer Caribbean can work (especially if Celebrity were creative with the itineraraies), I believe the bigger issue is that Oasis & Allure homeport in Ft Lauderdale. Thats a lot of cabins to fill, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a corportate decision for Celebrity NOT to compete with them.

IMO, Celebrity can offer a Summer Caribbean product from South Florida, that would not compete directly with Oasis & Allure. Why not think outside the box, and have 1 ship sailing several different itineraries, varying from 4-10 nights. Berthing shouldnt be an issue, as the port is relatively quiet. Why not throw in a few 7 day Bermuda sailings from Port Everglades ? I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat !

On another note, I feel that 3 ships in Alaska is one too many. If Celebrity feels that Europe will perform well ? I respect their decision, but I'm not at all confident on the likelihood of sending 6 ships to Europe, *and* it being highly successful. Perhaps it will work - time will tell. Nothing says it has to be a Solstice Class ship sailing the Caribbean. Deploy the S-Class where they make the most $$$. Wouldn't it be great if Century were "Solsticized" and made her debut for a Summer 2014 Caribbean season ? I think that would be exciting news.

I truly do not wish to hear about 2010 any longer. While I agree it was not a success, there were reasons why. IMO, Celebrity did not market it aggresively enough, and many folks weren't aware of a Summer Caribbean product until a few months before the sailings began. By that point, most had already made their vacation plans, and that's why you had fairly low pricing. You also have a larger number of cruisers now, and this Summer's pricing is extremely high.... so there's evidence it can be successful. With that said, if Miami doesnt want competition for Oasis & Allure, then nothing else matters.

Let's hope Celebrity is giving it some consideration, but I'd keep your expectations low.

Well, I'm also hoping that a summer Caribbean itinerary would originate from either Texas or New Orleans, so ... definitely wishful thinking and low expectations! :D

Well, I'm also hoping that a summer Caribbean itinerary would originate from either Texas or New Orleans, so ... definitely wishful thinking and low expectations! :D

It would be better to do a Great Lakes cruise instead of Texas or NO ;-)

Sent from my iPhone

would one later be able to transfer this booking to a travel agent and get OBC as well? As I understand it, the new offer will be a price discount of varying amounts off the original listed price of the cruise. If I am correct on this, will one be able to get any OBC after booking with Celebrity? Or can't cruises booked through Celebrity be transferred to a travel agent (I've heard that ones booked on board a cruise can be transferred to a TA)? My wife & I have only sailed once (on Celebrity), but loved it, and plan on booking a 2014 Alaskan b2b. I'm wondering if jumping on a offer as soon as a cruise is released is a good idea.

One last question, is there any chance Celebrity will change any of it's Alaskan ports and stop somewhere like Sitka, Haines, etc?

would one later be able to transfer this booking to a travel agent and get OBC as well? As I understand it, the new offer will be a price discount of varying amounts off the original listed price of the cruise. If I am correct on this, will one be able to get any OBC after booking with Celebrity? Or can't cruises booked through Celebrity be transferred to a travel agent (I've heard that ones booked on board a cruise can be transferred to a TA)? My wife & I have only sailed once (on Celebrity), but loved it, and plan on booking a 2014 Alaskan b2b. I'm wondering if jumping on a offer as soon as a cruise is released is a good idea.

One last question, is there any chance Celebrity will change any of it's Alaskan ports and stop somewhere like Sitka, Haines, etc?

Hi Dave,

You can move your booking to a TA and possibly obtain additional OBC - but ONLY if the TA OBC is fully coming out of their pocket. If it's anything else, you cannot combine with the Celebrity OBC. It's only a question the specific TA can answer - but it's worth asking.

Also, keep in mind - there's a specific limit on # of days that you can transfer your Celebrity booking to a TA. I believe it's 60 days.

As for ports, nothing to report yet - but we should be hearing details for Alaska sometime next week, perhaps as early as Tuesday. I hope this helps !

Hi everyone,

Galapagos is open for booking in 2015,and it is on Celebrity's website. Here are the itineraries, http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Galapagos/12032030_CEL_2015_Galapagos_Deployment.pdf

and here is the description brochure, http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Galapagos/CE00121210_Galapagos_Brochure.pdf

and the wildlife calendar,

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Galapagos/11026444-Celebrity-Galapagos-Wildlife-Calendar.pdf

Dave,

I did price the 8 night San Juan to Bayonne Summit cruise sailing on April 26, 2014 in the suite categories. The 2014 base opening price for a sky suite 1 per person before tax is $1599, and 2013's opening price was $1499, Celebrity Suite price per person before tax is $2399, 2013 opening price was $2299, Royal Suite $3499 a person before tax, and opening price in 2013 was $3199 a person before tax.

Now if you are a Captain's Club member and book a 4 night or longer cruise between February 28-June 30, 2013 for cruises departing April 2014 to May 2015(excluding (Xpedition cruises) and are on Celebrity's list of available sailings, you come out a little ahead. for a 6-9 night cruise the Sky and Celebrity Suites on this 2014 sailing gets $250 off the cabin cost, and a Royal Suite gets $400 off the cabin cost. So the base per person on a sky suite for 2014 would drop to $1474 a person before tax saving $25 a person over the base 2013 prices, and for the Celebrity Suite dropping the base price per person to $2274 before taxes ,saving $25 a person, and for the Royal Suite, dropping the price per person after applying the $400 cabin savings to reduce the base price to $3299 a person, an increase of $100 per person over the initial 2013 opening prices for this cruise.

The offer is combinable only with Celebrity Passages which will give the cabin a 100 obc for the sailing. The Captain's Club sailing is not combinable with groups, reduced air,xciting deals, senior, resident, or shareholder benefits among others.

I believe Celebrity ran an opening promotion for Captain's Club members when 2013 sailings opened that was more attractive as far as no price reduction, but more obc per cabin.

When Alaska itineraries open for booking within the next week, it will be easier to see if the prices with the Captain's Club savings offer are about the same as the original opening prices as in 2013.

I'm looking forward to seeing what new itineraries Celebrity might roll out for 2014-2015.

We are still going to book whatever appeals to us, and then hope there might be price drops along the way with the regular rates.

I book Galapagos for Nov 2015 back in Dec

Dave,

I did price the 8 night San Juan to Bayonne Summit cruise sailing on April 26, 2014 in the suite categories. The 2014 base opening price for a sky suite 1 per person before tax is $1599, and 2013's opening price was $1499, Celebrity Suite price per person before tax is $2399, 2013 opening price was $2299, Royal Suite $3499 a person before tax, and opening price in 2013 was $3199 a person before tax.

Now if you are a Captain's Club member and book a 4 night or longer cruise between February 28-June 30, 2013 for cruises departing April 2014 to May 2015(excluding (Xpedition cruises) and are on Celebrity's list of available sailings, you come out a little ahead. for a 6-9 night cruise the Sky and Celebrity Suites on this 2014 sailing gets $250 off the cabin cost, and a Royal Suite gets $400 off the cabin cost. So the base per person on a sky suite for 2014 would drop to $1474 a person before tax saving $25 a person over the base 2013 prices, and for the Celebrity Suite dropping the base price per person to $2274 before taxes ,saving $25 a person, and for the Royal Suite, dropping the price per person after applying the $400 cabin savings to reduce the base price to $3299 a person, an increase of $100 per person over the initial 2013 opening prices for this cruise.

The offer is combinable only with Celebrity Passages which will give the cabin a 100 obc for the sailing. The Captain's Club sailing is not combinable with groups, reduced air,xciting deals, senior, resident, or shareholder benefits among others.

I believe Celebrity ran an opening promotion for Captain's Club members when 2013 sailings opened that was more attractive as far as no price reduction, but more obc per cabin.

When Alaska itineraries open for booking within the next week, it will be easier to see if the prices with the Captain's Club savings offer are about the same as the original opening prices as in 2013.

I'm looking forward to seeing what new itineraries Celebrity might roll out for 2014-2015.

We are still going to book whatever appeals to us, and then hope there might be price drops along the way with the regular rates.

Thanks KK99,

My wife and I plan on booking a b2b Alaska cruise for summer 2014 once the cruises are opened up next week. We also want to go on a 7 night Carribean cruise in February 2015. Would it be more advantageous to book the February 2015 cruise as soon as it opens up, or book it onboard when we are on our Alaska cruise in July/August 2014. As I understand it, the advantage of onboard bookings is a smaller deposit and some OBC. Or wait for a sale like the recent 1-2-3, which looked great. The disadvantage I suppose would be more limited cabin selection the longer one waits. I suppose there is no right/wrong decision as no one knows what deals may be forthcoming.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

They have done this for every early release this season. They show the map with the ports to be visited, but to get the actual day and time visited in each port, you must call in for that information and pricing. I priced out the British Isle cruises, and with the early booking discount, the prices were about the same as opening prices last year. If you don't use the discount, then you will leave open the possibility of catching a resident, senior, or other price drop before final payment.

I'm still wishing for some different cruises when they release the rest of Europe in another week or so. I hope everyone finds a great cruise for 2014.

Did see in the Captain Cub promotion that you can also use your open passage with the promotional OBC.

I am interested in the Eastern Med... will have to wait ....

Yes, it says in the "fine print" that you are allowed to use a passage:)

Archived