2014-2015 deployment schedule

kk99

Thanks for posting that list..

Does anyone know when Royal will open its dates?

We might "jump ship" from "X" to try Quantum or Anthem..the new Royal ships...depends on the Carib itins for S class ships on " X["

Here you go

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/13032659_2014-2015_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is interested: ;)

Celebrity's 2014-2015 Deployment Opening Schedule:

Bermuda, Canada & New England - MARCH 7th

Alaska - MARCH 12th

Northern Europe - MARCH 21st

Europe - MARCH 27th

South America & Panama Canal - APRIL 3rd

Caribbean - APRIL 11th

Asia, Australia & Hawaii -APRIL 17th

Grapevine is saying that some new & interesting ports are on the agenda. :)

2MC

Won't help those of us booked on the 2014 Millennium TransPac that was officially cancelled as of yesterday. Rumors of the cancellation have been rampant since the first of the year. Celebrity has offered an OBC incentive to rebook by March 12, 2013. After that, nada.

The only itineraries for 2014 published prior to that deadline are for Bermuda, Canada, New England and, at the last possible day for rebooking with the incentive, Alaska.

None of those destinations are of interest to me. Right now, I'm feeling quite "dissed":mad:....

Alaska - MARCH 12th

Europe - MARCH 27th

Caribbean - APRIL 11th

2MC

Thanks for the post ---- "...new & interesting ports are on the agenda." Do you know for which place? I am interested in booking Alaska. Thanks.

Won't help those of us booked on the 2014 Millennium TransPac that was officially cancelled as of yesterday. Rumors of the cancellation have been rampant since the first of the year. Celebrity has offered an OBC incentive to rebook by March 12, 2013. After that, nada.

The only itineraries for 2014 published prior to that deadline are for Bermuda, Canada, New England and, at the last possible day for rebooking with the incentive, Alaska.

None of those destinations are of interest to me. Right now, I'm feeling quite "dissed":mad:....

Any reason given for the cancellation....

I would escalate that with Captain's Club and tell them that you are going to book something but that you need the schedules for that time period in order to book and THEY have not released the schedules yet.....so what choice do you have but to wait for the launch date of the new schedules.

Whoever set the date for OBC is not being resonable given the nature of a Trans-Pacific: it is not comprable to any of the options that are currently open......

Go up the chain... And ultimately if you don't get satisfation write a letter to Blayley......

Just rebook any other cruise for now, but be sure you keep the original booking number. That will hold the OBC they offered. Then, when you find what you want, change that same booking number to the actual cruise you want.

I don't understand why they won't give the passengers a longer time frame to pick another cruise....it would be great customer service and they wouldn't lose the passengers that will cancel all together. It sometimes takes time to (1) pick a cruise and (2) find out if one can get that time of work. I don't know, it just seems like customer service is not a priority for a lot of companies anymore.

They still have transpacifics on Solstice, Radiance of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas. They would probably give an OBC for an RCL cruise.

Alaska - MARCH 12th

Europe - MARCH 27th

Caribbean - APRIL 11th

2MC

Fingers crossed. Hoping for a repeat of the 2013 10 and 11 day med cruise itineraries on Reflection out of Civitavecchia!

Alaska - MARCH 12th

Europe - MARCH 27th

Caribbean - APRIL 11th

2MC

Hi2morecruises,

Thank you for posting, but we had an existing thread with the release dates, so I've merged the 2 threads.

I'm eager to hear what the new & interesting ports are. Let's hope there will be some positive surprises.

There was a lengthy voicemail from our TA when I came home from work outlining what had caused the cancellation (charter) and the conditions for rebooking to receive an OBC. 3/12/13 is the last date to make plans.

I will be emailing captains club and Mr. Bayley and plead for an extension of this ridiculously short time frame considering that we will unlikely be able to cruise again until after 4/14, considering our Adriatic cruise this October as well as other travel plans/work considerations. One of the gripes that is shared by members of our roll call is that this notice came 10 days too late to take advantage of the 1-2-3!

I do like the idea of booking and transferring if all else fails. One would think that it would be less of a hassle for Celebrity and its TAs to just extend the rebooking deadline- say 75 days which compares to when final payment is expected for this length of cruise:rolleyes:....

Did anybody noticed the headline and sub-headlines of Celebrity's announcement today?

''CELEBRITY'S WORLD TOUR 2014-15 ''

'' 7 STUNNING CONTINENTS''

'' 1 1 BREATHTAKING SHIPS''

With all the discussions around potential disposal or re-deployment of CENTURY, the '' she's off the fleet by spring 2014'' option is now off the table.

The itineraries schedule runs into late spring 2015.

11 ships include Century.

So, the ''extensive massive refurb drydock yard visit in Freeport in ~~ 1 year'' option just took on a lot of credibility.....

IMO

Millennium is chartered for the Transpacific cruise...

Just my opinion....but; which organisation in its right state of mind and financial health would charter a ship of Millie's size for 3 weeks embarking in Japan and disembarking in Seward, Alaska ?? That is the TransPacific repo routing after all. The continuing voyage, Seward-Vancouver is merely her initial Alaska season 7 days sailing...( and yes...there would be a fair amount of ''B2B'' guests continuing on that one.....)

I find it hard to wrap my mind around such a ''possibility''....

I suggest this is quite improbable.

IMO....

Did anybody noticed the headline and sub-headlines of Celebrity's announcement today?

''CELEBRITY'S WORLD TOUR 2014-15 ''

'' 7 STUNNING CONTINENTS''

'' 1 1 BREATHTAKING SHIPS''

With all the discussions around potential disposal or re-deployment of CENTURY, the '' she's off the fleet by spring 2014'' option is now off the table.

The itineraries schedule runs into late spring 2015.

11 ships include Century.

So, the ''extensive massive refurb drydock yard visit in Freeport in ~~ 1 year'' option just took on a lot of credibility.....

IMO

Hi Claude,

How are you ? I hope all is well.

Yup - that definitely caught my attention as well. Being that you've brought it up... I totally agree that the drydock scenario remains alive & well - more now than ever. I remain confident that Century will remain with Celebrity, at least through the 2014/2015 season and....

.... If the long rumored drydock becomes reality ? She should be around a heck of a lot longer ! <keeping fingers crossed>

Just my opinion....but; which organisation in its right state of mind and financial health would charter a ship of Millie's size for 3 weeks embarking in Japan and disembarking in Seward, Alaska ?? That is the TransPacific repo routing after all. The continuing voyage, Seward-Vancouver is merely her initial Alaska season 7 days sailing...( and yes...there would be a fair amount of ''B2B'' guests continuing on that one.....)

I find it hard to wrap my mind around such a ''possibility''....

I suggest this is quite improbable.

IMO....

This is what I got from my TA:

Please be advised that the April 26, 2014 sailing of Celebrity Millennium has been chartered. As a result of this charter all guests who are currently booked on this sailing will need to be moved/cancelled. This memo addresses compensation for clients booked on the impacted sailing.

Guests booked with names and money in house on Celebrity Millennium 4/26/14 17-Night Transpacific Cruise (BAO/YVR):

Re-book on any Celebrity sailing, in like accommodations, at prevailing rates.

Receive $300 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $500 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Celebrity sailing

You have until March 12th to change the sailing to receive this offer or they will cancel the booking and refund your money.

My guess is that whoever chartered the ship made Celebrity very happy as I am sure they are making a LOT more money off of it in spite of the OBC they are giving those who were bumped (and not everyone will take it so they are out nothing with those folks).

If you want to go with some other theory (maybe they decided not to take it to Vancouver for Alaska sailings), that could start a whole new round of speculation.

Agreed! Never really understood why young people today feel the slight of being "dissed" so much but, having had a reservation on this cruise since April last year and still not received anything from Celebrity about the cancellation, I now fully understand how oftened they feel. I am feeling well and truly "dissed". Celebrity's timing of the cancellation appears cynically calculated.

Sue

Any reason given for the cancellation....

Ship has been charters. Other rumours abound on the Roll Call!

Just rebook any other cruise for now, but be sure you keep the original booking number. That will hold the OBC they offered. Then, when you find what you want, change that same booking number to the actual cruise you want.

Does not work for those of us from the UK where deposits are non-refundable.

Go up the chain... And ultimately if you don't get satisfation write a letter to Blayley......

The time scales offered are far too short to allow time to go up the chain. I think that Mr Bayley has received quite a few emails on the subject already!

Sue

PS Apologies, I realise that we have hi-jacked this thread but feelings are rather high at the moment.

Hi Claude,

How are you ? I hope all is well.

Yup - that definitely caught my attention as well. Being that you've brought it up... I totally agree that the drydock scenario remains alive & well - more now than ever. I remain confident that Century will remain with Celebrity, at least through the 2014/2015 season and....

.... If the long rumored drydock becomes reality ? She should be around a heck of a lot longer ! <keeping fingers crossed>

Hi, Andy,

I'm fine, thanks for asking.

At his stage, Celebrity was facing two...and only two options, given that CENTURY is long past her last visit in a shipyard for preventive maintenance (never mind ''refurb'', refresh, etc...) 1/ prep her up for sale off the fleet ( as the previous possibility of a transfer to CDF was pulled off the table when RCL decided to take Horizon away from Pullmantour to CDF ) or

2/ Keep her around for a 4-5 years life span with nothing short of a total

refurbishment, remodernisation, simili-solsticization,upgrade, etc.etc.....

Obviously #2 appears to be the winner, thus the 40 ++ days time window

having her at GBSY in Freeport.

I suggest we'll enjoy her around for a good while yet.

The Alaska 2014 deployment will be revealing in more ways than one.....I suggest some surprises are in store as to which ship covers what sailing...it's not necessarily 100% guarantee that Millie will do the NB/SB and Century will do the 7 day RT Vancouver...we may see replacements and new deployments in previously unsuspected markets....It'll be fun to watch for it.

Cheers

Claude

This is what I got from my TA:

Please be advised that the April 26, 2014 sailing of Celebrity Millennium has been chartered. As a result of this charter all guests who are currently booked on this sailing will need to be moved/cancelled. This memo addresses compensation for clients booked on the impacted sailing.

Guests booked with names and money in house on Celebrity Millennium 4/26/14 17-Night Transpacific Cruise (BAO/YVR):

Re-book on any Celebrity sailing, in like accommodations, at prevailing rates.

Receive $300 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $500 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Celebrity sailing

You have until March 12th to change the sailing to receive this offer or they will cancel the booking and refund your money.

My guess is that whoever chartered the ship made Celebrity very happy as I am sure they are making a LOT more money off of it in spite of the OBC they are giving those who were bumped (and not everyone will take it so they are out nothing with those folks).

If you want to go with some other theory (maybe they decided not to take it to Vancouver for Alaska sailings), that could start a whole new round of speculation.

Hi,Bob

Thanks for the info. It is surprising that they describe the TransPacific as

BAO-YVR ....And yes, whoever charterd the whole thing must have made Celebrity very happy....

Your closing paragraph opinions might be closer to the truth than we all think. I've been ''wondering'' about that possibility myself. The Asia/Aussie/NewZealand market has been good, and everybody else is homeporting a ship in Asia year round ( the latest one;Diamond Princess).

Is Celebrity toying around with ''expansion'' ? They do have 11 ships now after all....and Europe will see less ships in 2014, for sure...

IMO

Cheers

Claude

Archived