Fire Aboard Carnival Triumph

sapper1

Several people on balconies - have sheets/flags/something hanging out.

All say something like "please rescue me"

That says everything to me.

Yes, Mickie is a businessman and a very rich one - I guess lack of compassion or caring goes with that - saw it with Costa -seen it again.

I have seen other CEO's show more caring and compassion than this guy.

Sorry Joanie - I totally disagree. This guy should be fired now! Perhaps then the HAL of old would come back

a point blank emotional statement. What's more important? people or a game - he already showed that with Costa. I have no time or excuses for this man - but that's just me. what do i know?

"Exaggeration": embellishment; overstatement; hyperbole.

Hmm, no one here would be guilty of that, would they?:rolleyes:

I totally agree with you. I have been doing lots of :rolleyes: today. Yes it is bad but these reporters are just egging it on. Sensationalism is the word for the day. But I am just so thankful that everyone they do speak to does nothing but praise the crew!

Rubbish.

Seriously.... you do not not believe that there are people that are naive and not experienced :confused: You need to go spend some time looking at some of the questions asked on Carnival RCI and NCL board. Unless you talk to people who have never cruised on a daily basis you have no idea. There are so many US residents that have never cruised and honestly do not understand it like those of us that travel frequently. I think you would be so shocked at what many do not know.

Sensationalism is the word for the day. But I am just so thankful that everyone they do speak to does nothing but praise the crew!

I noticed that too and while they are unaware now, when they do have access to TV reports it will be very gratifying to them to learn how much their efforts were appreciated.

I certainly hope Carnival will acknowledge their contribution in a very tangible manner.

I do believe Mickey heard us complaining about his lack of communication!!!

CNN is about to carry a News Conference in Mobile with Carnival CEO!!!

Well, looks like CNN sensationalized once again. That is NOT the CEO, but is the same VP of Planning wwho has been doing all the news conferences.

Sorry all. I thought they'd not lie to us so sensationally

Joanie

I do believe Mickey heard us complaining about his lack of communication!!!

CNN is about to carry a News Conference in Mobile with Carnival CEO!!!

Joanie

Are you Sure it is MR. ARISON who will be at the new conference and not the President, CEO of Carnival Cruise Line?

MR. ARISON is CEO of Carnival Corporation but not Carnival Cruise Line.

Perhaps it will be him but that is why I am asking?

It is Mr. Terry Thornton, SR. VP of Carnival Cruise Line, who is speaking on CNN right now.

I spoke only of what they said. Right now they said another name, CEO Cahill is on the ground in Mobile. But previously they said CEO of Carnival Corp.

I am so confused...But then again, the media is making me so:confused:

Joanie

I spoke only of what they said. Right now they said another name, CEO Cahill is on the ground in Mobile. But previously they said CEO of Carnival Corp.

I am so confused...But then again, the media is making me so:confused:

Joanie

I know I'm confused.

:) No wonder, Sapper.....

I was listening to CNN and what I heard was a reporter say they had coming up soon a press conference with CEO/President of Carnival. I think Joanie assumed the reporter meant Carnival Corporation, Mr. Arison.

That was not what the reporter meant. It was the CEO/Presdent of Carnival Cruise Line. Mr Arison is CEO of the Corporation but not of the Cruise Line.

In the end, it was a Sr. Vice President of Carnival Cruise Line who spoke though the CEO of Carnival Cruise line is present at the terminal.

:D Hope that clears it up, a little.

:) No wonder, Sapper.....

I was listening to CNN and what I heard was a reporter say they had coming up soon a press conference with CEO/President of Carnival. I think Joanie assumed the reporter meant Carnival Corporation, Mr. Arison.

That was not what the reporter meant. It was the CEO/Presdent of Carnival Cruise Line. Mr Arison is CEO of the Corporation but not of the Cruise Line.

In the end, it was a Sr. Vice President of Carnival Cruise Line who spoke though the CEO of Carnival Cruise line is present at the terminal.

:D Hope that clears it up, a little.

More than a little. :) thanks.

Just to show how the News people just WING It and facts are just not always accurate. They just listed off all the cruise Lines that Carnival owned and did not state HAL but the best was they said Norwegian Cruise Lines was under the CCL Corp :eek:

Lisa - I am so glad you heard it also. I thought I was losing my mind!:rolleyes: I fell off my chair when they said Norwegian ... then realized they never said HAL. I did not hear them say Princess ... but maybe I was laughing too hard at the lady doing the news!

Just to show how the News people just WING It and facts are just not always accurate. They just listed off all the cruise Lines that Carnival owned and did not state HAL but the best was they said Norwegian Cruise Lines was under the CCL Corp :eek:

Yes I noticed that too. They also listed Royal Caribbean and Celebrity - but not Holland America.:rolleyes:

Wowza....... they got it about as wrong as wrong can be!! :D

In my experience, news networks seem very impressive until they report on something that you know something about. Then...Wowza.

Think about all the opinions we form respecting foreign and financial affairs based on news reports.:eek:

Scary huh?

More than a little. :) thanks.

Agree. The misinformation offered on this thread as fact is as bad as some of the laughable stuff coming out of CNN right now - confusion abounds!!!

Glad to see the ship docked (boy, didn't know ships ALWAYS blow the horns multiple times when they dock:rolleyes:) and now the reporters are avidly waiting for the horror stories. One thing is great to hear though, and that's how wonderful the crew has been.

In my experience, news networks seem very impressive until they report on something that you know something about. Then...Wowza.

Think about all the opinions we form respecting foreign and financial affairs based on news reports.:eek:

Scary huh?

And elections and education and professional advice and...........

Archived