Fire Aboard Carnival Triumph

sapper1

I hope that is not true!

It could be Father - there are several companies who are 'known' to have non tolerance for absence - even illness and will find a way to let their employees go if it happens. Hopefully, this won't be the case - but it could truly happen.

I'm very glad everyone is home and they are safe. I think those of us who cruise can have a good mental image of just what it must have been like for some of those passengers. People are reporting different experiences because they had different experiences. I, for one, am glad I wasn't on board that ship.

I never heard mention of the engine room fire on Azamara Quest last year. My friends were on that ship and had a similar situation, although I never heard mention of toilets not working. They did sleep out on the open decks in very warm weather and had cold food to eat.

Fire on these ships is very scary indeed.

And most unfortunately a handful will be fired for missing work without prior approval. :/

Sadly, you are likely correct.

If any employer had been trying to reduce the work force or was hoping a particular employee would give him/her a reason for dismissal, they could latch onto an 'unapproved absence'. In this bad employment market, that would be very sad.

It wouldn't be very 'nice' but there are many jobs where it would not be illegal.

Wouldn't say very much good about the employer though.

However, IMO, not every circumstance in life requires running off to see a lawyer.

I remember when we were in Honfleur, France. Most of the ship's excursions were long distance away from the ship and required long bus rides.

DH was going to the Omaha Beach Memorials but I remained behind and watched from our veranda as all the buses loaded and left for Paris, DD Days Beaches etc.

Bus after bus left and when most were gone, I noticed there were two or three parked and sitting empty. I inquired why and they said they had hired a few extra buses 'just in case' one broke down. They did not want anyoen disappointed they could not go on their tour because of failure of a bus.

MAYBE Carnival had a few spare buses waiting at the terminal and when the bus broke down, there was one to send out to replace it and continue the journey to get those guests on their way again.

I'm probably a dreamer but it's a nice thought.

I remember when we were in Honfleur, France. Most of the ship's excursions were long distance away from the ship and required long bus rides.

DH was going to the Omaha Beach Memorials but I remained behind and watched from our veranda as all the buses loaded and left for Paris, DD Days Beaches etc.

Bus after bus left and when most were gone, I noticed there were two or three parked and sitting empty. I inquired why and they said they had hired a few extra buses 'just in case' one broke down. They did not want anyoen disappointed they could not go on their tour because of failure of a bus.

MAYBE Carnival had a few spare buses waiting at the terminal and when the bus broke down, there was one to send out to replace it and continue the journey to get those guests on their way again.

I'm probably a dreamer but it's a nice thought.

In Panama we took the ferry through the canal and were bussed back to the ship in Colon in a convoy of four busses. The fourth bus was empty. Our tour guide said it was in case of breakdown.

In Panama we took the ferry through the canal and were bussed back to the ship in Colon in a convoy of four busses. The fourth bus was empty. Our tour guide said it was in case of breakdown.

I have heard this before especially for Panama. I do believe that Carnival did have excess buses. I think there were quite a few that family members drove to Mobile to get them so that not all the buses were full. I honestly feel that if these passengers were drastically delayed we most certainly would have heard about this at least 20+ times CNN, FOX or HSN :rolleyes: But since this has not really been mentioned my guess is there may have been an empty bus following this bus or just ahead of it. So not quite dramatic news worthy

Archived