Would you sue if you were on Triumph?

paulgraff

Would you sue CCL if you were on the Triumph?

I would.

PG

This just makes me very sad that all ppl think about is $$. I work at a law firm and deal with entitlement issues all day. There is a time and place that you would have to sue someone...but without reason/cause/justification...why would this even be brought up?

Sad world we live in.

They cut off the booze for several reasons:

1) Alcohol dehydrates you. They have several thousand people that they need to be concerned about their health.

2) Alcohol makes you stupid. In this emergency situation everyone needs to keep their wits.

3) They've already lost millions in revenue from this cruise and several cruises for the foreseeable future. No need to continue to drain the company.

4) Nothing good comes from alcohol and large groups of people who are upset.

What I'm looking forward too is first hand accounts of the incident from actual passengers and how Carnival assisted them. Also, hopeing for a dry dock that concludes before our June cruise.

You don't need to touch it for it to be hazardous. Bacteria from feces is airborne.

I am aware of this. But as I also said in my post...the entire ship is not covered in feces! It's not like it has become one huge floating turd in the middle of the sea where there is no escape. People are being kept in the common areas of the ship not in the enclosed areas where the sewage is sloshing about.

Yes they do--I've sold photos to the various media outlets for years and have made a tidy nest egg by doing so. It depends on the photo, the quality, the exclusivity, etc. Yes, people will have photos they took with their iPhone, but those aren't the same as a photos taken with a pro level DSLR by someone who knows what the media is looking for and has the contacts to sell to.

Please enlighten us of your photography skills:)

Gee intresting at 07:51 OP decided to leave the other thread witn post running 28 to 2 against suing. As in OP's words it is because those of us who say they won't sue, are sheep afaired to to hold those in power responsiable. But then again it was Presi\dent Bush who made Hurricane Krinta come a shore in N.O.

Actually that's a minor benefit for them. The main reason is for tax purposes and so they don't have to obey US labor laws.

It would be incredibly dangerous, and then where are you going to put all those people--the other ships aren't empty.

yeah i didnt think about that it probably would be dangerous and the current is an issue too.

As for suing. A normal US corporation usually has a general liability policy to take care of accident injuries and claims, there is no need to sue you simply file a claim only if they dispute the claim is it necessary to file suit. Hell even I have a homeowners policy that would pay a claimant 300K if someone dies on my property. This is just how insurance works.

i know they have tax reasons and other reason to fly foreign flags and IMO that should be stopped and they should operate like any other US company that take US citizens health and safety at risk for thier bottom dollar. Thats just my opinion.

No, that's just a waste of time and money. Life happens and that's a chance you take on daily life. Accidents can happen anytime, anywhere. Society needs to stop all of this filing lawsuits over any and everything just for the sake of getting rich quick.

And if I was on board I would be so pissed that they cut off the booze.

PG

And people like you who would be boozing it up and causing lots of problems are the reason they cut off the booze!

Just what Carnival wants, lots of people in a small space, upset, confused, worried, possibly scared and liquored up. Talk about a recipe for disaster. Use your brain for a change instead of starting posts wanting people to sue.

Sue?:confused: If memory serves, didn't Carnival give all those sailing on Triumph prior notice of engine problems, they would be missing a port so the ship could be worked on in a different port? In addition to the given info, the customers were given the option of full refund if they chose to sail another date?

Or am I thinking of a different ship?

I am aware of this. But as I also said in my post...the entire ship is not covered in feces! It's not like it has become one huge floating turd in the middle of the sea where there is no escape. People are being kept in the common areas of the ship not in the enclosed areas where the sewage is sloshing about.

So you'll just relieve yourself in the middle of the Lido deck?

Please enlighten us of your photography skills:)

I've been a freelance professional photographer since selling photos to a newspaper in 1979. I take assignments when they interest me. I'm not sure what else you want or need to know.

No, that's just a waste of time and money. Life happens and that's a chance you take on daily life. Accidents can happen anytime, anywhere. Society needs to stop all of this filing lawsuits over any and everything just for the sake of getting rich quick.

The majority of lawsuits filed are with merit, and the largest have nothing to do with personal injury but rather copyright/trademark/patent infringement.

Sue?:confused: If memory serves, didn't Carnival give all those sailing on Triumph prior notice of engine problems, they would be missing a port so the ship could be worked on in a different port? In addition to the given info, the customers were given the option of full refund if they chose to sail another date?

Or am I thinking of a different ship?

Not a hundred percent certain but you may be thinking of the Splendor.

I just wonder how many ready to sue people realize by doing so it affects everyone else's rates, just like home insurance. If you have a hurricane or tornado,and the company pays out a bunch of claims, the rates go up.And why are some so ready to sue in this case, when basically Carnival paid for two cruises plus expenses. Also, as others said,there are no grounds for law suit here.Personally, I think Carnival is doing an excellent job with this , and I hope my booked Oct Triumph cruise will not be affected. I just do not understand the mentality??:confused:

People who sue over something like that are complete idiots. When we go deer hunting, conditions are much worse than that!

Playing devils advocate, when you go deer hunting you know in advance that you'll be facing uh... rustic conditions. When you book a cruise this is not the case. I wouldn't go deer hunting, camping, etc. because I sleep under five stars, not five million. My choice. Those on the Triumph did not choose to poop in a bag.

The majority of lawsuits filed are with merit, and the largest have nothing to do with personal injury but rather copyright/trademark/patent infringement.

Maybe, but if they would sue CCL for what happened on the Triumph...they would lose... read the contract, totally in their (as well as every crusieline's) favor.

Playing devils advocate, when you go deer hunting you know in advance that you'll be facing uh... rustic conditions. When you book a cruise this is not the case. I wouldn't go deer hunting, camping, etc. because I sleep under five stars, not five million. My choice. Those on the Triumph did not choose to poop in a bag.

Nope they didn't choose it and may not like it, but my point is they will be just fine and no one will be hurt over it

Archived