Would you sue if you were on Triumph?

paulgraff

I just wonder how many ready to sue people realize by doing so it affects everyone else's rates, just like home insurance. If you have a hurricane or tornado,and the company pays out a bunch of claims, the rates go up.And why are some so ready to sue in this case, when basically Carnival paid for two cruises plus expenses. Also, as others said,there are no grounds for law suit here.Personally, I think Carnival is doing an excellent job with this , and I hope my booked Oct Triumph cruise will not be affected. I just do not understand the mentality??:confused:

I wonder how many people realize how rich insurance companies are and how successful they are at making the world think lawyers are the bad guys while their lobbists are creating laws that protect them so their profits rise even higher. Go research Texas Workmans Compensation reform or any tort reform and you will get a new picure about how much they take in and how much they pay out. They are the devils not lawyers or their injured clients

Maybe, but if they would sue CCL for what happened on the Triumph...they would lose... read the contract, totally in their (as well as every crusieline's) favor.

Did I say otherwise?

Proving gross negligence would be the only way to bypass the cruise contract terms--ie Concordia.

Playing devils advocate, when you go deer hunting you know in advance that you'll be facing uh... rustic conditions. When you book a cruise this is not the case. I wouldn't go deer hunting, camping, etc. because I sleep under five stars, not five million. My choice. Those on the Triumph did not choose to poop in a bag.

The best thing I was ever taught...life's not always fair, so make the best of it.

I disagree. There could be PSTD or illness due to airborne bacteria from fecal contamination.

Lol, PTSD over being stuck on a cruise ship for a couple days. And I'm going to jump to a conclusion here and say the "fecal contamination" isn't quite bad enough to spread disease.

I wonder how many people realize how rich insurance companies are and how successful they are at making the world think lawyers are the bad guys while their lobbists are creating laws that protect them so their profits rise even higher. Go research Texas Workmans Compensation reform or any tort reform and you will get a new picure about how much they take in and how much they pay out. They are the devils not lawyers or their injured clients

LOL, there is enough blame to go around. Look at who profits most from most class action suits....I will give you a hint.... not the claimers...the lawyers.

To answer the OP, given the information currently available, I wouldn't sue. Good grief!!! If we sued over every piece of bad luck, we'd never get out of court.

This same "sue, sue, sue" cry was heard in October when DCL Fantasy made the bad decision to follow the storm up the coast of FL which resulted in a scary, horrific night. (and yes, I was ON that cruise!)

As much as we like to think we're in control at all times, life's experiences carry a modicum of risk.

Lol, PTSD over being stuck on a cruise ship for a couple days. And I'm going to jump to a conclusion here and say the "fecal contamination" isn't quite bad enough to spread disease.

PTSD can be caused by any number of things, and yes, being in fear for your life during a fire on a cruise ship followed by five days living in deplorable conditions could certainly cause it.

So how is being rewarded money going to help deal with their PTSD anyways?

Do you have any idea how much therapy and medication for this type of illness costs? US Airways paid for therapy for any passenger or crew member who requested it after they splashed the plane in the Hudson.

PTSD can be caused by any number of things, and yes, being in fear for your life during a fire on a cruise ship followed by five days living in deplorable conditions could certainly cause it.

Let's save the stress claims for those who really need it.

I just wonder how many ready to sue people realize by doing so it affects everyone else's rates, just like home insurance. If you have a hurricane or tornado,and the company pays out a bunch of claims, the rates go up.And why are some so ready to sue in this case, when basically Carnival paid for two cruises plus expenses. Also, as others said,there are no grounds for law suit here.Personally, I think Carnival is doing an excellent job with this , and I hope my booked Oct Triumph cruise will not be affected. I just do not understand the mentality??:confused:

Sue-happy people are greedy. They do not care about everyone else's rates going up.

Things I am looking forward to when the Triumph docks...

I can't wait to hear the reviews on this cruise and just how long it takes for the class action law suit to hit the courts... and yes I would sue too.

And if I was on board I would be so pissed that they cut off the booze.

PG

You are so FUNNY!!!! Why are you so worried about Suing?? Are you one of the Passengers on the Triumph?? NO?? I didn't think so, But I do give you credit, you are doing a good job with trying to see which post gets the most comments because you have basically the same thread atleast 2 times!! You are sad!! :rolleyes:

Yes I would sue, i did not sign up for this , nor did I read the contract I did sign

I did hire the firm of dewy cheatum and how

I want my shot at big money

I also want to force cruise lines to be safe and prepared for any situation , to have redundant systems in place in fact redundant doesn't cut it

I want for each cruise I go on to have a backup liner following and another backup for the backup

And btwI also want to know why I can't fit 6 people in a category 1a and continue to sale for 52.00 dollars a day

Like i said before id at least talk to a lawyer and check to see if any class actions are in the works, especially since it appears Carnival really should have known better.

A simple read through the last few months of reviews for triumph shows the ship had problems.

Class action law suits force large corporations to take responsibility for their actions by imposing heavy penalties IF the corporation is found to blame. Its not about the money.

At the risk of being attacked by everyone on here. I am going to say this. When I first heard about this, I thought no big deal, they have emergency power. But obviously, those emergency generators must power very little. And I can't imagine having to deal with overflowing sewage, very limited food and the possibility of spreading illness throughout the ship. Not to mention people who don't have extra medication or have medical problems that may be aggravated by this situation. I know Carnival is trying to do the best they can do. And we can all speculate on whether we would sue or not sue. But the fact of the matter is that we are not on that ship. And most of us are not lawyers. This thing is going to be analyzed from every angle when it is done. Maybe people have the basis to sue, maybe they don't. If it comes out that Carnival was negligent or didn't do everything they could have done in this situation, then they should be held liable. Once this ship gets back to port and more information is released about what truly happened and the people on the ship are able to describe their experiences, it may warrant more than a refund and a free cruise. Just saying...... By the way, I am NOT a Carnival hater and am booked on a cruise with them next week.

Archived