HAL alcohol policy

San Diego Ronni

As of now, what the others have listed may be brought aboard in unlimited quantities.

Scuttlebutt is that a limit on the amount of wine/sparkling wine/champagne will be implemented sooner, rather than later.

Stay tuned.

We just got off the Noordam last week and we brought on a case of Pepsi and a case of Water and two bottles of wine with NO issues at all! With the wine we were told just to keep it in our room because if we bring it out they will charge you an $18 corckage fee

I bring champagne on board for sail away -- not a problem. I don't feel the need to bring other wine on board -- after all if I pay for the cruise, I should be able to afford my wine for dinner. I only bring the champagne for sail away to not have to find a steward to get it for me.

We've been on board for our anniversary and bought champagne in the dining room -- so I pay the HAl prices.

SPIRITS -- 1 Liter bottles -- prices below include the 15% gratuity

Cutty Sark -- $33.35

Kahlua -- $39.10

Vodka: Belvedere -- $72.45

Vodka: Tanqueray Sterling -- $36.80

Cognac: Remy Martin VSOP -- $102.35

Cognac: Remy Martin XO -- $228.85

Whiskey - Irish: Jameson --$44.85

Cognac: Hennessy VS -- $96.60

Tequila: Jose Quervo Gold -- $35.65

Sherry: Harvey's Medium --$59.80

Sherry: Tio Pepe --$59.80

Vodka: Stolichnaya --$31.05

Vodka: Skyy --$29.90

Vodka: Absolut --$33.35

Vodka: Chopin -- $72.45

Vodka: Grey Goose -- $71.30

Vodka: Finlandia -- $31.05

Vodka: Smirnoff -- $28.75

Rum: Bacardi White -- $36.80

Rum: Bacardi Gold -- $35.65

Liqueurs: Tia Maria --$52.90

Liqueurs: Southern Comfort --$39.10

Liqueurs: Sambuca -Opal Negro -- $47.15

Liqueurs: Grand Marnier -- $79.35

Liqueurs: Drambuie -- $63.25

Liqueurs: Cointreau -- $58.65

Liqueurs: Baileys Irish Cream -- $48.30

Liqueurs: Amaretto -- $54.05

Gin: Bombay Sapphire -- $44.85

Gin: Tanqueray -- $43.70

Gin: Beefeater -- $33.35

Whiskey: Seagrams V.O. -- $31.05

Whiskey: Seagrams 7 --$31.05

Whiskey: Canadian Club -- $33.35

Whiskey: Crown Royal --$44.85

Bourbon: Jim Beam -- $35.65

Scotch: J. Walker Black Label --$79.35

Scotch: J. Walker Red Label -- $37.95

Scotch: Dewar's White Label --$50.60

Scotch: J&B Rare -- $37.95

Scotch: Ballentines -- $41.40

Scotch: Chivas Regal - 12 Y.O. -- $67.85

Rum: Myers -- $33.35

BEER

Miller Genuine Draft domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

Bud Light domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

Budweiser domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

Corona imported beer: 6-pack -- $29.90

Amstel Light imported beer: 6-pack -- $29.90

Heineken imported beer: 6-pack -- $29.90

Miller Lite domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

WINE PACKAGES

Navigator's Wine Package: 3-Bottle -- $102.35

Navigator's Wine Package: 5-Bottle -- $171.35

Admiral's Wine Package: 3-Bottle -- $135.70

Admiral's Wine Package: 5-Bottle -- $228.85

Cellar Master Package, Single, 11+ Days -- $259.00

Cellar Master Package, Double, 11+ Days -- $323.00

WINE AND CHAMPAGNES

Mumm, Cordon Rouge, Brut, France -- $74.64

Cuvee Dom Perignon, Brut, France -- $251.74

White Zinfandel, Beringer, CA -- $36.69

Zonin Moscato -- $36.25

Grant Burge Benchmark Shiraz -- $36.25

Luigi Bosca La Linda Malbec -- $36.25

Merlot, Northstar, Walla Walla, WA -- $112.59

Bon Voyage Red Wine -- $24.04

Bon Voyage White Wine -- $24.04

Rudi Sodamin Chef's Selection Chardonnay -- $36.69

Rudi Sodamin Chef's Selection Cabernet Sauvignon --$36.69

Rosemount Estate Shiraz -- $49.34

Silverado Cabernet Sauvignon -- $99.94

Cline Cellars Zinfandel -- $44.28

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough -- $56.93

Ruffino Pinot Grigio -- $49.34

Robert Mondavi Private Selection Merlot -- $46.81

Beringer Founder's Estate Cabernet -- $49.34

Veuve Cliquot, Yellow Label -- $112.59

Ferrari-Carano Alexander Valley Chardonnay -- $87.29

We just got off the Noordam last week and we brought on a case of Pepsi and a case of Water and two bottles of wine with NO issues at all! With the wine we were told just to keep it in our room because if we bring it out they will charge you an $18 corckage fee

To me, it would make alot more sense for HAL to start enforcing the corkage fee rather than restricting how many bottles you can bring onboard. My bet is that they would make more money that way, for less work and hassle. High profit margins (100%) on corkage fees.

Those people who bring a glass of their own wine to dinner, would now be forced to either pay the fee or buy a glass of HAL wine - either way HAL makes more money.

DaveOKC

No problems at all. We bring wine onboard. It's easy, and offers us reasonably priced wine to drink on the balcony in the afternoon. Saves us from paying the ridiculous prices on the ship, so I can spend my money on other things I want. We also purchase drinks onboard too, but for our room, it's BYOB.

Dan

With the wine we were told just to keep it in our room because if we bring it out they will charge you an $18 corckage fee

When you take your own wine to a dining room, bar or lounge they will charge you the $18 corkage fee. You are not allowed to consume your own wine in any other public areas of the ship.

Two weeks ago we took a case of wine onboard; we dropped it off with out other luggage with HAL luggage tags taped to it and it was delivered to our cabin.

To me, it would make alot more sense for HAL to start enforcing the corkage fee rather than restricting how many bottles you can bring onboard. My bet is that they would make more money that way, for less work and hassle. High profit margins (100%) on corkage fees.

I can't recall any instance where we were not charged the corkage fee, and I am OK with that since that is part of the deal with HAL's policy. I also don't believe in trying to get out of the corkage fee by tipping the waiter with purpose of not paying the fee.

I can't recall any instance where we were not charged the corkage fee, and I am OK with that since that is part of the deal with HAL's policy. I also don't believe in trying to get out of the corkage fee by tipping the waiter with purpose of not paying the fee.

A few years ago we had fixed late dinner in the MDR at a table for four so just another couple. They were from Florida and had brought several bottle of wine with them since they drove to the port. We got along quite well and after a few dinners started sharing wine. They brought only reds so depending on what the four of us picked for dinner we'd buy a white or an additional red. I'd say somewhere around the fifth or sixth night the sommelier said he'd stopped charging the other couple the corkage fee. I can't remember if he actually said it or we drew the conclusion but we figured since the table was also ordering wine that he felt like he was getting sufficiently tipped. We collectively made ure he got nice cash tip at th end of the cruise.

Those people who bring a glass of their own wine to dinner, would now be forced to either pay the fee or buy a glass of HAL wine - either way HAL makes more money.

DaveOKC

HAL does not have a restriction on how many bottles of wine you bring onboard.

When you take your own wine to a dining room, bar or lounge they will charge you the $18 corkage fee. You are not allowed to consume your own wine in any other public areas of the ship.

I've taken a glass of wine from my room to the MDR to drink with dinner and never has an issue nor charged a corkage fee.

If the wine Steward does not present you with a corkage fee charge, that is his or hers decision. I enjoy giving my money to the steward and if they decide that a corkage fee is not necessary, I am Ok with their decision.

If the wine Steward does not present you with a corkage fee charge, that is his or hers decision.

I agree. :)

I enjoy giving my money to the steward and if they decide that a corkage fee is not necessary, I am Ok with their decision.

How do you handle that? The corkage fee is charged to your shipboard account and not paid in cash. Giving them cash before being charged a corkage fee is wrong, in my book.

Two weeks ago we took a case of wine onboard; we dropped it off with out other luggage with HAL luggage tags taped to it and it was delivered to our cabin.

Peter, not even in a lounger on the Promenade Deck? ;)

Archived