Surge Protector Taken!!!!OOOPS!

There are 2 versions of this Belkin surge protector. The original model is 1 amp for the USB connections. This will charge for iphones/ipods and is about $12 at Amazon. The newer model is 2 amps and will charge an ipad or other tablet and is $30.

Tipping someone before the service is rendered is an attempt to show that you are a big tipper and that if the person provides you with "special" service you'll reward the person with a big tip. This is an attempt to influence that person's behavior and thus it is a bribe. However, it is not a crime.

There have been multiple occasions where I did not see our cabin steward on the last evening, nor even the last morning. Certainly in those instances I was relieved that I gave them their tip "up front".

Additionally, tipping a cabin steward helps to assure them that I am not going to stiff them - as I'm sure some unfortunately do. Even if I were to remove tips later (I never have), they're assured fair compensation.

I trust that I will receive, as does everyone else, their best service regardless.

Tom

Yeah or even a workable plug in the bathroom that is not "Razor only"!! I about to board in a few days and take a 3 plug extender, but primarily for when in Europe and have to use an adapter! Maybe a surge (no pun) in electrical razor incidents will cause that to eventually be changed?? :eek:

Katie

A wish for new or refitted cruise ships - charging stations in the cabin. That would eliminate the need for bringing dangerous surge protectors and extension cords.

Eileen

There's nothing about a surge protector...The usual no weapons, candles, irons, surfboards, etc. I saw NOTHING about power cords, surge protectors, etc. I'd hate to bring something which wasn't allowed...Is their a newer page of items I'm missing? They have mixed messages on their website about wine as well where one page indicated no way, and another says 2 bottles are permissible (yeah, I saw the corkage fee for use in MDR...).

I have plenty of time, but I guess I'm a compulsive planner :D

There's nothing about a surge protector...The usual no weapons, candles, irons, surfboards, etc. I saw NOTHING about power cords, surge protectors, etc. I'd hate to bring something which wasn't allowed...Is their a newer page of items I'm missing? They have mixed messages on their website about wine as well where one page indicated no way, and another says 2 bottles are permissible (yeah, I saw the corkage fee for use in MDR...).

I have plenty of time, but I guess I'm a compulsive planner :D

The problem is things change all the time. The wine allowance is fairly new, who knows what the rules will be by the time you sail :cool:

The problem is things change all the time. The wine allowance is fairly new, who knows what the rules will be by the time you sail :cool:

Correct! They reserve the right to change (or make things up) at a moments notice -- at the risk of some guests starting their vacation off on the wrong foot... :eek:

I've been made to feel like a smuggler on more than one occasion - though that was with Carnival... and that does not settle well (especially by the 3rd/4th time)! :rolleyes:

Tom

There have been multiple occasions where I did not see our cabin steward on the last evening, nor even the last morning. Certainly in those instances I was relieved that I gave them their tip "up front".

Additionally, tipping a cabin steward helps to assure them that I am not going to stiff them - as I'm sure some unfortunately do. Even if I were to remove tips later (I never have), they're assured fair compensation.

I trust that I will receive, as does everyone else, their best service regardless.

Tom

It's not necessary to hand a cash tip to your stateroom attendant. We always leave any extra tip on the bed before turndown service on the last night. And have almost always gotten fabulous service. I doubt that extra cash in advance would have motivated the less-than-stellar attendants.

And it may be a moot point, anyway, since the tips are now added automatically.

Little trivial question, but has anyone seen an open flame on a cruise ship???

Candles? Torches? Gas / wood grills? (other than passengers cig lighters)....

CCL used to have a presentation of flaming baked Alaska...lights dimmed...music...very dramatic. Well this doesn't happen anymore because a waiter set a guest's hair on fire!

CCL used to have a presentation of flaming baked Alaska...lights dimmed...music...very dramatic. Well this doesn't happen anymore because a waiter set a guest's hair on fire!

I'll bet that earned the guest at least a free bottle of champagne... ;)

I don't want to think what it earned the waiter... :eek:

Tom

Little trivial question, but has anyone seen an open flame on a cruise ship???

Candles? Torches? Gas / wood grills? (other than passengers cig lighters

On our Caribbean Princess Cruise in 2006 they had an entertainer juggling fire torches in the Explorers Lounge, a venue that did not have a particularly high ceiling.

I think I remember a flaming dessert on RCCL way back when - something with cherries or maybe banana foster?

Oh, heck - duh - they set my creme brulee on fire in Chops just last month.

A wish for new or refitted cruise ships - charging stations in the cabin. That would eliminate the need for bringing dangerous surge protectors and extension cords.

Eileen

What a GREAT idea!! The airports were thinking ahead!

Archived