Favorite Royal Caribbean Thread

My favorite ones are the ones that dont even answer the original question . Some Newbie will ask a legitimate question and within seconds someone will be like , havent you ever heard of the search feature or man thats played to death , then its on , and the origanal question is never answered LOL.

As I say that I go down the threads and you post one on the Royal Caribbean Board which one Royal or Carnival ............:rolleyes: or go to the Carnival board and post the same thing . Yea you will get some honest answers but the majority are one sided one way or the other .

Johnny Yens "Getting your salad tossed in the MDR" thread (that was the exact wording to the title)..........Ive never laughed so hard in my life but it didnt last very long . There will be few that will probably even remember it.

I will never forget the Tobaccogate thread as I was on that cruise and a bunch of us had conversed back and forth with her in the roll call thread for months.

That thread was entertaining for sure.

Edited by ryano

For sheer hilarity, hands down the starfish thread. I for one would cough up some serious cash to bring that one back. Anyone remember the op's name she was hilarious. The first runner up, should the starfish not be able to complete his reign would be the human feces thread. It takes the cake for way over the top responses to the op, I loved that thread. Starfish lady if you are still on the boards your fans miss u!!!

For those of us who MISSED the apparently-epic "Starfish Thread" can someone at least explain why it was even called the "STARFISH" thread?

Long story short, a woman brought a starfish aboard and tried to keep it alive in the cabin shower with a wet towel over it.....or something like that. I'm not remembering the rest of the details. I think it might have stunk.

For those of us who MISSED the apparently-epic "Starfish Thread" can someone at least explain why it was even called the "STARFISH" thread?

2 single women shared a cabin. They did not know each other. The t/a matched them up.

One brought a live starfish on board and kept it in the shower.. It died. It smelled really bad. They room mates fought over keeping or discarding the starfish. It was eventually removed by guest services. The two fought over it even to the extent where one tried to stab the other with a fork while they slept.

One came in CC to "explain their side"

And well, you would have had to read the lengthy thread to get the full effects.:eek:

The thread was pulled and I founded the starfish society.:cool:

2 single women shared a cabin. They did not know each other. The t/a matched them up.

One brought a live starfish on board and kept it in the shower.. It died. It smelled really bad. They room mates fought over keeping or discarding the starfish. It was eventually removed by guest services. The two fought over it even to the extent where one tried to stab the other with a fork while they slept.

Based on just the 3 paragraphs above I would say no other thread could even come close to topping it! Oh man! :)

Thanks for posting the Turtle Camera thread. I missed that one back then, since I only follow CC when I have a cruise booked.......I cannot bear the pain of reading about cruising without one booked.

The solution is to always have a cruise booked. :D:):D

I think one of the starfish stranger roommates was deaf, which didn't make the entire, smelly situation any easier. :D

• 1 year later...

And well, you would have had to read the lengthy thread to get the full effects.:eek:

The thread was pulled and I founded the starfish society.:cool:

This made me laugh all over again.

I'm not sure if this has been covered as I have not read all of the responses. My favorite is the thread that started mentioning the creation of a new C&A level between D+ & Pinnacle. It ended up D+ & Pinnacle & Suite OP's shouting at each other whereas the P's/Suites saying that D+ should be kicked out of Concierge Club and relegated to the D club, and the D's kicked to the curb--It was very entertaining!

I'm not sure if this has been covered as I have not read all of the responses. My favorite is the thread that started mentioning the creation of a new C&A level between D+ & Pinnacle. It ended up D+ & Pinnacle & Suite OP's shouting at each other whereas the P's/Suites saying that D+ should be kicked out of Concierge Club and relegated to the D club, and the D's kicked to the curb--It was very entertaining!

Are you referring to the one you started in September? It went on for 15 pages.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1913775

My favorite is the thread that started mentioning the creation of a new C&A level between D+ & Pinnacle. It ended up D+ & Pinnacle & Suite OP's shouting at each other whereas the P's/Suites saying that D+ should be kicked out of Concierge Club and relegated to the D club, and the D's kicked to the curb--It was very entertaining!

Never mess with a Pinny!

Oh my so many favorite threads.

For me. I apologize if I get thier name wrong.

Trainman---anything he posts

Gambee---excellent live reviews

Engine23??? (think thats his name) well prepared.

Bugsy---awesome.

Radiio--your due again.

Also

Merion mom re-positioning cruise couple years back (Mariner??)

Ok

My all time favorite thread with some of the most deleted posts was the ongoing thread when the Carnival ship lost power and drifted at sea......

No one could make anyone happy, all posts were attacked, many deleted, alot of angry people.

Ok

Thanks

Sea ya

As far as a more current thread I would have to add the thread about the blue safe to the list. It amazed me how many posters thought that he OP was serious.

The starfish thread sounds hilarious.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

As far as a more current thread I would have to add the thread about the blue safe to the list. It amazed me how many posters thought that he OP was serious.

The starfish thread sounds hilarious.

The starfish one was very, very funny.

I think my all time favorite is still the grounding of the Monarch review. Many of the passengers were "put up" at a nudist resort.

All the live reviews.

And the recaps from KansCocoa and Sailor Jack.

Off the top of my head and in no particular order, my all time favorites are:

1. The Starfish thread.

2. Ralph, the yappy dog.

3. The so-called legal substance hidden in a fake can and stashed in a dive bag.

4. A girl who wanted to know how to stop other guys from checking her out.

5. The favorite photos thread.

6. Bill's photo chair hog thread that got deleted.

My first thought was Aquahound's Sea Turtle Photographer/discovered camera.

The second was a thread that I never read, only heard referenced on countless other threads. It is, of course the Starfish thread

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

My current fave would have to be "No Limes on the ALLURE!!" I just love the caps and the !!

It is full of drama such as Mexican drug cartels and disgusted G&T drinkers.

And I won't lie; I like my limes.

Love threads where I learn something new about cruising or a ship I am going to be on.

Wish I had seen the chair hog thread! I took pictures of blue towel covered chairs on my Allure cruise and sent to corporate.

Always get a good laugh when I read threads where people ask "what would you do..."

Also laugh every time I see a question such as "what activities will they have for my 18 month old?" And when people say their babies had such a great time.

And I dislike threads that have many possible answers and there are always a few who think they know everything, for example dress code in MDR. It's all subjective and the dress codes are suggested!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app