Princess adds new tier - Medallion

icat2000

I just got off the phone with Princess. They added a new tier to their Captain's Circle:

1 - Blue

2 - Gold

3-4 Medallion

5-14 Platinum

15+ Elite

Not sure what this means. That's what the rep told me.:confused:

That seems so odd to me. I would have thought if Princess was to add another tier, they would have split up the Platinum or added another tier after the Elite.

How odd! With their new "get-away" cruises I was expecting it to go by days (current grandfathered) or a new tier above elite for 20 or 25 plus. I don't see a purpose for 3-4?

I've been watching, at my current total of 17, hoping for no take-aways before my exotics next spring. I want laundry! :D

We're leaving on our fifth cruise in a few weeks and are looking forward to the free internet that comes with Platinum. Our prior four cruises totaled over 50 days. I just checked my personalizer and I'm still listed as Platinum -- thank goodness. Maybe the number of cruises has changed, not the number of days.

Guess I'm just skeptical & until I see a change on the Princess site I won't be convinced that it's not a computer glitch & a rep who may be wrong which wouldn't be the 1st time. :p

I guess it could be a preview of more changes in the levels but that's merely speculation. :confused:

Guess I'm just skeptical & until I see a change on the Princess site I won't be convinced that it's not a computer glitch & a rep who may be wrong which wouldn't be the 1st time. :p

I guess it could be a preview of more changes in the levels but that's merely speculation. :confused:

I'm the same as you as I personally can't see a reason for doing it :confused:

I do keep giggling about an image of me wearing a gold medallion though :cool::cool:

Princess may be in the process of updating all of the Captain Circle levels... It should be interesting to see what happens. I will make sure to stop by and speak with the Captain Circle host/hostess in two weeks. I will let you know what he/she says if no one has reported back before then.

Hi Frank!

How odd! With their new "get-away" cruises I was expecting it to go by days (current grandfathered) or a new tier above elite for 20 or 25 plus. I don't see a purpose for 3-4?

I've been watching, at my current total of 17, hoping for no take-aways before my exotics next spring. I want laundry! :D

Me too...just hit Elite and my next up is a Med. Cruise and I am looking forward to the laundry too! Time will tell...

Well that is weird. I have completed three cruises and show gold for my next cruise which I get two credits for. The cruises I have booked afterwards show Medallion. Unless, I'm under the old tier for my cruise in 6 days but the future cruises booked are under the new tier.

However, I will have 5 credits on completion of the Ruby cruise. So surely, my next cruise in September with Princess would be Plantium not Mediallion?? Unless that cause I haven't actually reached it yet because the Ruby cruise is not completed.

Sorry for the long winded thought process.

One thing I noticed while looking at my cruise personalizer today... not only am I now listed as Medallion, but my insurance now says Platinum. I had signed up for the basic insurance. Maybe the perk of upgraded insurance now comes at Medallion level? Hey, I'll take it!

Princess may be in the process of updating all of the Captain Circle levels... It should be interesting to see what happens. I will make sure to stop by and speak with the Captain Circle host/hostess in two weeks. I will let you know what he/she says if no one has reported back before then.

Hi Frank!

Aloha Nina! :D

If it's not a computer glitich then unfortunately this may the most recent example of Princess making changes before they update their website. It unnecessarily adds confusuion when they do it this way...again! :eek:

Just got off the phone with Princess.

1 Blue

2 Gold

3-4 Medallion

5-14 Plat.

15+ Elite

This does not make sense for my DH and I:

I have 3 previous cruises (Old system is Gold, new system Medallion - it is still showing gold)

My Dh has 1 previous cruise (his is showing gold now and Medallion with next cruise)

We are both showing as Gold currently in personalizer

We are both showing Medallion for our next cruise

Our next cruise is in a full suite so afterwards we should have

5 cruises for me (I will be platinum after our next cruise)

3 cruises for by DH

It looks like a glitch to me??? But I am not sure???

I'm the same as you as I personally can't see a reason for doing it :confused:

I do keep giggling about an image of me wearing a gold medallion though :cool::cool:

It is odd to add another level which would result in a different level for each of the first 3 cruises but maybe it's a marketing tool to encourage more new passengers? I think improving upper levels would be better but maybe they figure those passengers don't need any extra encouragement to continue to cruise with Princess. ;)

Maybe soon Princess will have a news release if they are truly adjusting any Captain's Circle levels & not merely a computer glitch after doing maintenance on their website last night. All of my future cruises show the same level but I'm not at the levels that are showing changes.

This does not make sense for my DH and I:

I have 3 previous cruises (Old system is Gold, new system Medallion - it is still showing gold)

My Dh has 1 previous cruise (his is showing gold now and Medallion with next cruise)

We are both showing as Gold currently in personalizer

We are both showing Medallion for our next cruise

Our next cruise is in a full suite so afterwards we should have

5 cruises for me (I will be platinum after our next cruise)

3 cruises for by DH

It looks like a glitch to me??? But I am not sure???

I wonder if there is a chance Princess have changed the tiers on the cruise personalizer first so everybody with booked holidays will be on the appropriate tier and are waiting to change the profiles until they have sorted them.

By Coincidence I called Princess today to book the next cruise. I am Platinum (no change 7th cruise coming) but my sister is just at 4. She is showing as Medallian. The rep, who was very helpful and knowledgable about other stuff confessed that he had no idea, they had not told him anything, but it appeared to be a new level. She (my sister) will not be happy if her platinum is delayed!

OK, I checked my personalizer and I am booked for 3 cruises right now. I am gold. The next cruise is listed as Gold. The middle cruise says MEDALLION and the last cruise has us back at gold......

I am sure they are still working on this.....

What color is medallion? Bronze is a better name...it's a "color" like all the other tiers, and it should come before gold, like the Olympics.

I do find the separation between gold, medallion, and platinum weird though. Any answers as to the perk differences?

Archived