Princess adds new tier - Medallion

icat2000

On our past few cruises there have been so many Golds that they were excluded from the big party. Caused a few complaints so maybe they have decided to narrow the field for the big party to the new level and above? Just my thoughts

They have been having a separate party for Gold members when there are too many aboard. Gold members have never been excluded.

On my last cruise, my cabin mate was Gold and I, Platinum. She had a different Captain Circle Party than Platinum/Elite. She was given a show and tell (Royal Princess), no drinks, but given a drink voucher. I had the full canapes and walk around waiters.

Having a lot of fun trying to reach Elite! So soon....

Renee

My only concern is if they go exclusively to the number of cruises method. We will be sailing on our third and fourth cruises B2B in June. We will bypass 50 days in the middle of our fourth cruise. We are currently listed as gold for the first leg and medallion for the second leg. I am expecting to be platinum for any future cruises. If they eliminate the days sailed path, I will be upset with Princess.

Today we got a promotional mailing from Princess and in our address label, said we were both "platinum." I never noticed previous mailings with our status listed, but maybe I just never noticed it before (we finished our 5th Princess cruise in December). I don't think I have any mailings from before our last cruise, and I don't think I have kept any from the past couple of months, but I'll check my inbox.

Just checked mine cp and we are going on our fifth cruise next week - still shows us as gold members. Guess we aren't going to be medallion.

I thought they said it went into effect april 15th--if so, you wouldnt qualify as your cruise starts before that date

My only concern is if they go exclusively to the number of cruises method. We will be sailing on our third and fourth cruises B2B in June. We will bypass 50 days in the middle of our fourth cruise. We are currently listed as gold for the first leg and medallion for the second leg. I am expecting to be platinum for any future cruises. If they eliminate the days sailed path, I will be upset with Princess.
Very, very, very doubtful. Patently unfair. It was before when just # of cruises were counted and would be again. Thank god they changed it to include # of days. The only fair way (IMHO) to reward loyalty is strictly # of days.

I wonder if the new level is being added because of all the super short cruises scheduled over the next year or so. I personally think that someone who takes five 3-day cruises should not be rewarded the same as someone who has taken five 7-day cruises. A 3-day cruise is not loyalty; it's location within driving distance to the port and gives unfair preference to those living near LA and FLL.

Actually this perk is per cabin, not per person. Both my husband and I are elite with over 20 cruises. As 2 elite members we only receive one $25 per cabin and one mini bar per cabin. I never felt this was fair because we both each paid the cruise fares that got us to the elite level so we each should get our own perks.

I do, however, think the perks are nice and do appreciate them.

Pay double for a balcony as a solo so would be a good idea for me to get $50 and a double mini bar....:D;)

[Like the other comments, I would have thought they would add a "super elite" or some such.

Why would they add a super elite? They have those people. I'm sure their marketing dept. shows that there is some advantage to capture people early and by adding a new level they will do so.

I agree. On that note my son who has sailed 3 times went from gold to nothing in his profile.:confused:

It appears that Princess will be offering the Platinum insurance for the price of the regular insurance for those at the new level. The only reason I can see for Princess adding the new level is to give an incentive for people to buy Princess insurance instead of private insurance and to be able to sell more insurance. Otherwise the logical place to add a new level would be between Platinum and elite.

Platinum insurance is of no vale to Australian & New Zealand passengers as Princess insurance plans are not available to us. My PP already changed from gold to Medallion yesterday wonder what will be offered to "downunder" passengers in this new level.

Patty, I save all emails, anything and everything to a folder for each cruise so I checked a couple of them. In the upper right, they have my name and Captain's Circle level, i.e., Elite. :)

Pam, yours should indicate "Family Member". :D

Very, very, very doubtful. Patently unfair. It was before when just # of cruises were counted and would be again. Thank god they changed it to include # of days. The only fair way (IMHO) to reward loyalty is strictly # of days.

I wonder if the new level is being added because of all the super short cruises scheduled over the next year or so. I personally think that someone who takes five 3-day cruises should not be rewarded the same as someone who has taken five 7-day cruises. A 3-day cruise is not loyalty; it's location within driving distance to the port and gives unfair preference to those living near LA and FLL.

Could not agree more. :) Captain's Circle should be strictly by number of days. That would be equal for everyone.

Hi All

Any rewards scheme must be as simple as possible,

number of days at sea works the best,

I would not want to see credit for sailings on other Carnival brands

I would give an extra credit for those booking full suites as they pay the

most they should get a little extra.

yours Shogun

Hi Fellow Cruisers: We are on the Golden for may 19th and all our records,tags, etc. were changed last week to medallion.This will be our 5th. cruise on Princess. Also now have a $50.00 credit showing on obc. We did not take the Princess insurance as doing a 30 day driving tour of America added around the cruise and went with Travel Guard as had trip built into insurance for just a few more dollars. Don't know where it came from but keep it comming.

Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida :):):)

Just checked my cruise personalizer, too. My mother was a Gold, is now showing as a Medallion, and I show a credit on my account (already had paid in full). Nice! Wonder if the credit will be shipboard credit or if they will issue a credit to my credit card?

Not related to the thread- couldn't help but notice your screen name; we too have 2 Belgian Tervs :)

dogdoc2002

I have always thought that a single, paying for 2 fares should have double the internet minutes.

Since those paying double or triple the fare for a suite do not not get any minutes, I would say those who book a cabin for one person have a low probability of that happening. I thought you got double credit for the cruise at least.

Archived