Princess adds new tier - Medallion

icat2000

Is it just me or am I missing something, don't really understand the logic of this new tier:confused:.

The only speculated perk for Medalion is the upgrade to the "better" insurance. You have to buy the basic to get the upgrade. Maybe they want to increase sales of the basic level.

I just went to "My Princess" and nothing had changed there, level was the same as it should be. So, let's just wait until the 16th after any glitches have been corrected and see what the new level does.:)

As for days versus cruises, our friends went from 1 cruise to 5 cruises in 3 days by taking a suite on a 1 nighter and a suite on a 2 nighter, each of those cruises counts as two. They did have to stay in a hotel for 1 night in between. PSVA don't you know! So, now they are Platinum. Does that make them Loyal Princess customers or just savvy customers using the system created by Princess? BTW they cannot afford to take a suite again but will cruise Princess. I don't begrudge them anything for finding a way to do this and then going and doing it, more power to them.:confused:

9 more days till our next Princess cruise.:D

The only speculated perk for Medalion is the upgrade to the "better" insurance. You have to buy the basic to get the upgrade. Maybe they want to increase sales of the basic level.

Seems to me that the real reason is hidden in this:

Just getting off the Sea Princess, the next cruise will be having the following events

Welcome to First Timers

Welcome Back ( Gold & Medallion ONLY)

Captains Circle Cocktail Parties (Platinum & Elite ONLY)

In other words, the "new level" offers one minor perk to the passenger, but relieves a problem which is becoming increasingly troublesome for Princess lately - the size of the "Captains Circle Cocktail Party".

Shalom from Tel Aviv. Andy

Seems to me that the real reason is hidden in this:

In other words, the "new level" offers one minor perk to the passenger, but relieves a problem which is becoming increasingly troublesome for Princess lately - the size of the "Captains Circle Cocktail Party".

Shalom from Tel Aviv. Andy

Andy;

I'd say that's a very plausible idea. I went to the CCCP on the Emerald in 2008. It was quite crowded. Since then, I've noted lines that I just didn't feel like standing in. Last Month on the Sapphire it was held in Club Fusion. Before they opened up, the line stretched all the way from fusion to the Piazza:eek: Needless to say, I didn't go.....

Bob

Yes I saw thread with it 4 pages long and back and forth with information, a lot of times I don't like to read through pages and pages so I just thought I make it short with a current statement of some factually of the release time, I have a family member who will become a Medallion anxious to see the perks, above their Gold level.

Thank you for that! :)

Andy;

I'd say that's a very plausible idea. I went to the CCCP on the Emerald in 2008. It was quite crowded. Since then, I've noted lines that I just didn't feel like standing in. Last Month on the Sapphire it was held in Club Fusion. Before they opened up, the line stretched all the way from fusion to the Piazza:eek: Needless to say, I didn't go.....

Bob

I know you don't enjoy my off-topic silliness, but I can't help myself. I thought you were saying you went to the Soviet Union (CCCP = USSR in Cyrillic) on the Emerald. Which would have been quite the trick. Then I figured it out . . . .

And back on topic. Agree with y'all. I'm sure it's to cut down on the long parties. Even on the much smaller Dawn (same year, 2008), the line stretched back through the photo gallery and to the wine bar, the name of which escapes me at the moment. Magnums? Liters? Jeroboams? Something like that. I spent enough time there, you'd think I'd remember . . .

Well it's 0700hrs UK time and no change here either - the only change is that I can get on my princess but cannot access the cruise personalizer so maybe something is getting updated :confused:

TBH I don't think it's going to make much of a difference but I've been curious for 2 weeks now and I want to know what Medallion is :D

Details are on the Princess site now:

cc_mp_meda_mem_mendoza.gif

Includes all Gold Member benefits plus:

Princess Platinum Vacation Protection Upgrade^^

As a Medallion Member, when you purchase Princess Vacation Protection at the standard rate, Princess will purchase an upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection automatically on your behalf. Click here to learn more about the Vacation Protection program.

Exclusive Shoreside Access to the Captain’s Circle Help Desk Phone Line

Enjoy access to the exclusive shoreside phone number for contacting the Captain’s Circle Help Desk. Your call will be routed quickly through to the Membership desk to discuss your cruise history, membership status, benefits delivery or any other Captain’s Circle related questions you may have.

10% Discount off the Purchase of our Reflections DVD onboard^^^

The Reflections Cruise DVD is filmed live during your cruise. It documents the various ports of call you visit and will feature shore excursions, ship events, and behind-the-scenes information on the ship. It is sold onboard via the Photo/Video Department. As a Medallion Captain’s Circle Member you will receive a 10% discount off the purchase of your Reflections DVD.

^^Available to U.S. and Canadian resident Members only.

^^^Where available. Can not to be combined with any other promotion. World Cruises excluded.

Hi All

Not much use for the rest of the world then, this new level,

may be they should have just called it the American instead of Medallion.:(

yours shogun

All those Platinum & Elites should be happy with the added 10% off the Reflections DVD, thats a new benefit.

Hmm, no big deal for me. I never purchase Princess insurance (I buy third party), I don't have a need to contact the Captain's Circle hostess, and I don't spend the money on the Reflections DVD. What is the point of this?

I agree!

As for the insurance - we find third party much more economical.

Do not see this as much of a loss for those in Britain although I understand the frustration.

Archived