Let Us Bring Our Own Water....Please!!!!

I know that RCCL has a habit of perusing these threads and taking to heart (at times) the voices that want to be heard. I'm hoping this thread becomes one of those. :)

There are quite a few of us who can only drink certain kinds of water or prefer bottled water. I am one of those people. Any time I drink tap water with chlorine in it I get ill. Now, people can say...oh the tap water on the ship doesn't have chlorine in it but I know other wise. I can smell it every time I brush my teeth or take a shower.

Also, the Evian bottled water sold on most if not all RCCL ships tastes horrible to me...it seems to have a waxy aftertaste. Sure RCCL could start carrying another type of bottled water but why not just let us bring our own like other cruise lines do.

I believe that if they let us carry on a reasonable amount (One case per 7 days) they would not only have happier cruisers but they would also be in line with their competitors. They've already fallen in line with the carry on wine allowance...why not bottled water?

Please, fellow CC members, help me in this endeavor and write about your own want/need to bring on your own water in hopes that RCCL will listen to our cries.

Thank You in Advance! :D

It seems that RC is lagging behind other lines in this respect.... I'm not sure what their motivation is beyond being able to sell bottled water of their chosing (and for their profit). Oh wait, I just answered my own question ("profit"). :D

I carried on a case of bottle water on my last sailing. The security guard checked the lids to make sure they weren't filled with vodka and sent me on my way. You can bring your own water on even though no RCL doesn't encourage it.

I carried on a case of bottle water on my last sailing. The security guard checked the lids to make sure they weren't filled with vodka and sent me on my way. You can bring your own water on even though no RCL doesn't encourage it.

I've carried on water once and was denied the next time. :(

Lots of people do bring on cases of water.

But why not just bring a filter-pitcher? It will remove the chlorine, and avoids all the health issues with bottled water stored in plastic bottles. It's cheaper than bottled water. It's much easier to transport than bottled water. It's better for the environment than bottled water.

We almost always take a 'pack' of bottled water on the ship with us and have no problems. The main issue is the people who fill the water bottles with booze. So I would expect more enforcement of the no water no drinks during spring breaks and other party cruise times. We have also purchased water in port and brought it back with no problem.

OP, good luck to you if being able to bring water on will enhance your cruise experience, but for me I could never imagine turning up with a slab of water to take onboard - slab of beer, yes, but water, no :)

OP, good luck to you if being able to bring water on will enhance your cruise experience, but for me I could never imagine turning up with a slab of water to take onboard - slab of beer, yes, but water, no :)

Having bottled water is handy when sitting around the ship, on the bedside table and on excursions. Paying 2.95 for one bottle is not something I like to do.

But why not just bring a filter-pitcher? It will remove the chlorine, and avoids all the health issues with bottled water stored in plastic bottles. It's cheaper than bottled water. It's much easier to transport than bottled water. It's better for the environment than bottled water.

I bought Brita filter bottles that are personal size. You can filter 40 gallons of water. I have read great things on here about them. Hoping they are great on this coming trip!:)

Having bottled water is handy when sitting around the ship, on the bedside table and on excursions. Paying 2.95 for one bottle is not something I like to do.

Of course it's handy but too much trouble for us to lug a case of water on as we're getting onboard. We just refill the couple of bottles we bring on with ship water as needed..and will also buy a few new bottles when in ports.

I bought Brita filter bottles that are personal size. You can filter 40 gallons of water. I have read great things on here about them. Hoping they are great on this coming trip!:)

The ships water is fine and it's filtered...doubt we'll ever need 40 gal. onboard, but if we do nice to know. Hope this works well for you. I guess I'm not as particular with the water onboard :)

Love these filterbottles.

DW who is a bottled water snob actually prefers the Brita over bottled.

We just sailed on the Freedom out of Canaveral on what they considered a "spring break" cruise and they were not allowing bottled water or soda or anything else on the ship. They actually had a separate table set up to collect everyone's water and soda - sealed or not. The staff in the terminal said they do this at spring break, a lot of people were complaining. It seems kind of unfair to enforce the policy only on some cruises... but they can do what they want.

Just be ready if you bring your water to leave it at the pier or have them collect it...

They were also not allowing the case of water with the baggage tag...don't know if you put it actually in a bag and checked it if it made it to the room or not

This is what I do, works great!

I have brought bottled water every time and there hasn't been an issue. I don't carry it around on the ship. I drink it in the room and in ports. I drink "spring" water, not "drinking" or "mineral" water. I do drink dining room water because it is filtered, crisp and clear and doesn't taste like chemicals most of the time. A few times I've gotten some MDR water that tasted like something - maybe it was from cleaning that didn't get rinsed clear. On those occasions I didn't drink it.

The water is not filtered when it comes from your bathroom faucet. It is only chemically treated. Many times it comes out yellow to orange. When it's clear, a washcloth held tightly up to the faucet as a "filter" will many times have rusty colored residue even when it appears clear coming out. Try it sometime.

I won't bring a filter. It's hard enough to fit what I brought in my suitcase back in when I leave. I won't be carrying a water filter on and off again. The water goes on and I drink it so it's gone by the end of the cruise making the load that much lighter when we leave.

Gina

Has anyone been on the Freedom of the Seas recently and got water and/or soda on board? I saw the post about spring break but what about now?

Not Freedom, but Monarch about a month ago, so same port as Freedom. The porters refused to take a case of water from us with a luggage tag on the outside. However, others had no problem with the porters when the water was inside a duffel bag.

We took a case of water on with us in December. They shook the bottles and sent us on our way (once they knew it was actually just water). The very nice lady told us to have a great cruise and let us right on through.:)

I know that RCCL has a habit of perusing these threads and taking to heart (at times) the voices that want to be heard. I'm hoping this thread becomes one of those. :)

There are quite a few of us who can only drink certain kinds of water or prefer bottled water. I am one of those people. Any time I drink tap water with chlorine in it I get ill. Now, people can say...oh the tap water on the ship doesn't have chlorine in it but I know other wise. I can smell it every time I brush my teeth or take a shower.

Also, the Evian bottled water sold on most if not all RCCL ships tastes horrible to me...it seems to have a waxy aftertaste. Sure RCCL could start carrying another type of bottled water but why not just let us bring our own like other cruise lines do.

I believe that if they let us carry on a reasonable amount (One case per 7 days) they would not only have happier cruisers but they would also be in line with their competitors. They've already fallen in line with the carry on wine allowance...why not bottled water?

Please, fellow CC members, help me in this endeavor and write about your own want/need to bring on your own water in hopes that RCCL will listen to our cries.

Thank You in Advance! :D

I completely agree with you! I wonder if you contact them in advance and/or had a dr's note about your chlorine intolerance they may make an exception. My son is allergic to chlorine so I understand where you are coming from!

Archived