Carnival ripping off NCL's White Hot Party

chelle74

We are considering the Dream for January (we like to live on the wild side), so I've been perusing the Carnival boards for a couple of days, and I saw someone ask about a party on a Carnival ship where everyone wears white...

I thought surely they were mistaken and had really heard about NCL's White Hot Party.

But no. Carnival is having an Electric White Night now. Ha!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. ;)

Well it's not like NCL invented the white party or anything, it is a fun theme party that people all over have been doing forever. Besides isn't the new thing "Norwegian's Night Out" anyway?

Carnival has been having an identity crisis for a few years now so hopefully they will figure out something that works. I doubt copying Norwegian parties will be the answer they are looking for.

I believe NCL copied the Quest, rock climbing wall, zip line, and probably a few other innovations from Royal Caribbean such as ice skating which failed miserable on EPIC. Actually that was "plastic skating" as there was no real ice.

All cruise lines seem to "borrow" certain innovations from each other. I believe Princess was the first to have the large video screens out on deck and now all the major lines have them. Carnival was the first modern day cruise line to feature water slides on all their ships. That started with the FESTIVALE back in 1977. Other ships had slides before, but Carnival sort of took off with the concept.

NCL really invented the speciality restaurant with Le Bistro on the NORWAY, as well as the first private out island. They were probably the first to have an almost full-scale Broadway show onboard a ship as well. Hello Dolly on the NORWAY way back in 1980.

Anyway my point is that all cruise lines have come up with certain innovations, some more than others ... but they all copy one another as well.

You NCL cheerleaders crack me up. :D

No cheerleader for any line here... I enjoyed our Carnival Freedom cruise very much, thought one of our NCL cruises was OK, and thought our last one was the best cruise ever. I'm sure we will continue to sail whichever line gives us the best deal on the ports we want to see at the times we want to go.

I was just taken by surprise when reading the other thread because I was SURE they must have been talking about NCL's White Hot Party. In fact, I even double-checked that I was looking at the right forum. I'm glad Carnival is doing their own version of White Hot (loved the "battery" comment, btw) because I thought it was a lot of fun on our last NCL cruise and I already have a cute white outfit to wear should we go on the Dream. :)

We are considering the Dream for January (we like to live on the wild side), so I've been perusing the Carnival boards for a couple of days, and I saw someone ask about a party on a Carnival ship where everyone wears white...

I thought surely they were mistaken and had really heard about NCL's White Hot Party.

Carnival also took the outdoor theater idea from Princess (MUTS). of course, in that instance Carnival Corporation does own both lines so maybe it's not a theft of an idea but a sharing of an idea.

I did Carnival January 2012 - pretty sure there was "white night" then.

Dont think its anything new..

Just got off of the Carnival Glory. They have Red Night (for the Red Frog Pub) and Blue Night (for the Blue Iguana Cantina) parties.

Just got off of the Carnival Glory. They have Red Night (for the Red Frog Pub) and Blue Night (for the Blue Iguana Cantina) parties.

So if I wanna be one of the cool kids, I'm going to have to pack a rainbow wardrobe.

I believe NCL copied the Quest, rock climbing wall, zip line, and probably a few other innovations from Royal Caribbean such as ice skating which failed miserable on EPIC. Actually that was "plastic skating" as there was no real ice.

All cruise lines seem to "borrow" certain innovations from each other.

I think Carnival is just paying NCL back for stealing the ropes course from them ;):p

Anyway my point is that all cruise lines have come up with certain innovations, some more than others ... but they all copy one another as well.

OK the clock is ticking - who will be first to copy the bumper cars, Ripcord skydiving (suit flying), North Star flying pod, three story video wall lounge and virtual balconies (is that copying Disney's virtual portholes?) on RCI's upcoming Quantum of the Seas. Video

Actually the loading boom looking pod thing on Quantum would be a perfect compliment to Epic's stack of suites that look like cargo containers. ;)

About this White Hot Party... if I'm reading this right (and NCL still has it next year) that means we need to pack some all white clothes? What else does this "party" involve? RCI has not copied it, yet, so concept is new to us.

Maybe THAT is why NCL has moved away from the White Hot and toward the Glow Party thing? They found out they were being ripped off and looked for the next thing in the bag? :p

DML

OK the clock is ticking - who will be first to copy the bumper cars, Ripcord skydiving (suit flying), North Star flying pod, three story video wall lounge and virtual balconies (is that copying Disney's virtual portholes?) on RCI's upcoming Quantum of the Seas. Video

Actually the loading boom looking pod thing on Quantum would be a perfect compliment to Epic's stack of suites that look like cargo containers. ;)

About this White Hot Party... if I'm reading this right (and NCL still has it next year) that means we need to pack some all white clothes? What else does this "party" involve? RCI has not copied it, yet, so concept is new to us.

We just got off the epic. The "White hot party" was a party with everyone wearing white, dancing, and they throw glow sticks out! The teens even did their own "white party" on their own.

Good to know as I'm on Glory in the summer! I would rather wear red or blue, but I do like Norwegian's WHP.

Maybe THAT is why NCL has moved away from the White Hot and toward the Glow Party thing? They found out they were being ripped off and looked for the next thing in the bag? :p

FYI...the Glow Party is a ripoff of RCI's Club Twenty. Payback, I guess, for RCI ripping off NCL's White Party.

These cruise lines copy each other so much these days, it's hard to remember who did what first anymore.

You NCL cheerleaders crack me up. :D

Seriously?? Really?? You got to be kidding?!!! NCL Cheerleaders?! I really hate to disappoint you but there is nothing like a Carnival Cheerleader. I have never had my head bitten off by anyone in this forum. Carnival Cheerleaders are a whole different ballgame!! They take first place in all the Cheerleader forums!!! For that matter First, Second and Third!!

Seriously?? Really?? You got to be kidding?!!! NCL Cheerleaders?! I really hate to disappoint you but there is nothing like a Carnival Cheerleader. I have never had my head bitten off by anyone in this forum. Carnival Cheerleaders are a whole different ballgame!! They take first place in all the Cheerleader forums!!! For that matter First, Second and Third!!

Every line has cheerleaders but the Carnival Cheerleaders are unusually vicious, this is true. If you say anything negative about Carnival you can expect the knives to come out. I actually post far less than I used on on that board as a result, which is a shame.

In fairness though, I wrote a balanced review (some positive, but also some negative) of the Breeze in January and only one cheerleader was dispatched to attack me, so if you sprinkle in some good and some bad you at least stand a fighting chance. :rolleyes:

Archived